• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were a moderator for a day or two, what would you do?

pkmin3033

nah. you can be pretty certain the answer will be "no" at the time but it doesn't disqualify you for future candidacy. it does display a certain degree of entitlement though which certainly won't help you later on, but it's not the end of the line completely. hinting doesn't help your chances at all either, though (at least on my view) it's probably worse to hint than it is to just ask
Better to be upfront and honest about it rather than indirect and "subtle" if you're going to say anything at all rather than just let events take their course? Makes sense, I think.

Forums I've been on in the past have been pretty strict about both asking and hinting. Some to the point of banning offenders, even. I haven't seen much stuff like that on here, but I did kinda wonder if it was absolutely taboo to even seriously ask like it often is on forums that don't have application processes.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Better to be upfront and honest about it rather than indirect and "subtle" if you're going to say anything at all rather than just let events take their course? Makes sense, I think.

Forums I've been on in the past have been pretty strict about both asking and hinting. Some to the point of banning offenders, even. I haven't seen much stuff like that on here, but I did kinda wonder if it was absolutely taboo to even seriously ask like it often is on forums that don't have application processes.

pretty much. in the past i put my vote behind modding probably dozens of people who have explicitly said, in public or private, that they wanted to be a mod - yet i'd never have dreamed of doing the same for someone who asked for it or hinted that they should be a mod (hinted non-ironically, anyway; some people joke about that stuff too).

it's certainly not something that you'd ever get in trouble for on pc unless you were literally harassing staff about it in which case yeah that'd be a problem. it's not "taboo" in any way to talk about wanting to be a mod and it's not against the rules to ask to be a mod - the punishment i suppose for doing the latter is that you hurt your chances. that's about it though.

User19sq

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Well I would---

oh wait...I've been a mod for almost 3 years now

what is it that I've done exactly?

I would love to be a mod for a day or two and I would make more friends and make more posts
You don't have to be a mod to do those things tho...?

Back