• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT - All Advice Welcomed

cjakabuck90

Rising Star
Years
I don't have much of a theme going with this team. I'm going with a mainly defensive team to set-up entry hazards and spam switches. I also included a little offense for the sweep late game.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Sassy (252 Hp, 252 SpD, 4 Def / 0 Spe IVs)
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest (252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD)
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Modest (252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power (Grass)

Mew @ Lum Berrry
Ability: Synchronize
Bold (252 Hp, 188 Def, 68 Spd)
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Careful (236 Hp, 212 SpD, 60 Spe)
- Spore
- Bulk Up
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Dragonite @ Choice Specs
Ability: Multiscale
Naughty (252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Hp)
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunder

Not reallly looking for someone to rebuild the team lol, but all advice will be considered. Maybe just some pokemon that would work better or maybe even movesets that would work better. And thanks in advance for all help.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If you're using physical moves on Forretress, please don't give it a Calm/Bold nature; those are more suited for defensive Pokemon who utilize special moves. Use a Sassy nature instead to boost the power of Gyro Ball further.

On Heatran, Roar is better suited for defensive sets. Use Hidden Power (Ice/Grass) instead for coverage on Dragons and bulky Waters respectively.

Change Gyarados' EV spread to 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef; that way, it takes less damage from Stealth Rock each time it switches in.

Brick Break and EQ are redundant with one another on Salamence. Use Dragon Claw over either of them for a more reliable STAB if you don't want to lock yourself in and confuse yourself with Outrage.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
You should also make sure Forry lasts long since you have 3 pokemon weak to Stealth Rock. Dragonite may also be a substitute for Salamence since Dragonite can use Fire Punch, a weaker alternative to Fire Blast. However, Dragonite may carry a Jolly or Adamant Nature and has the very useful Multiscale.

cjakabuck90

Rising Star
Years
If you're using physical moves on Forretress, please don't give it a Calm/Bold nature; those are more suited for defensive Pokemon who utilize special moves. Use a Sassy nature instead to boost the power of Gyro Ball further.

On Heatran, Roar is better suited for defensive sets. Use Hidden Power (Ice/Grass) instead for coverage on Dragons and bulky Waters respectively.

Change Gyarados' EV spread to 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef; that way, it takes less damage from Stealth Rock each time it switches in.

Brick Break and EQ are redundant with one another on Salamence. Use Dragon Claw over either of them for a more reliable STAB if you don't want to lock yourself in and confuse yourself with Outrage.

For Forretress - Sounds good .. I'll give it a try
For heatran - I like spamming roar for added entry hazard damage but if I did switch to HP with the current line-up which would work better HP Ice or HP Grass?
For Gyarados - Sounds good .. I'll give it a try
For Salamence - I was just stacking the coverage moves, but which do you think is best to replace BB or EQ?

And thanks for the help

You should also make sure Forry lasts long since you have 3 pokemon weak to Stealth Rock. Dragonite may also be a substitute for Salamence since Dragonite can use Fire Punch, a weaker alternative to Fire Blast. However, Dragonite may carry a Jolly or Adamant Nature and has the very useful Multiscale.
About forretress yea I kno he is a very valuable peice lol .. And I was considering using Dragonite since thats my favorite pokemon since Red and Blue but I think Choice Scarf Moxie Mence is just sooo beast lol

**UPDATD FIRST POST WITH LATEST CHANGES**

Any other thoughts?

Last edited:

CalciferFireDmn

Fire Demon
Years
better dragonite set

Dragonite
Adamant@leftovers@Multiscale
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw