• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think they shouldve improved in BW2 over BW?

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I'm not sure this counts but it really bothers me that W2 is pretty much the same as W. This holds true for B and B2 as well. What I'm talking about is in regards to the Pokemon you can find and have to get from another game except one big issue.

You get Zekrom in White and Black 2.
You get Resgiram in Black and White 2.

While it is still a better idea to own the (2) version opposite of your previous version for Pokedex ease this will completely lock your legendary. Myself personally own White and Black 2 but get stuck with two Zekrom even though they are the best to own together when completing the pokedex alone. I guess this only matters if you're like me and prefer to be the OT of all your Pokemon.

That's true, though there was the Reshiram/Zekrom Wi-Fi event last March.

☆aqua☆

Ace Trainer!! :p
Years
squirtle actually agrees with everything u pointed out (especially the first one and the pokewood costumes!!)

Squirtle thinks they should get rid of c-gear. it seems a little useless.
Squirtle liked the bottom screen in heartgold and soulsilver and think you should be able to put your running shoes and have the option to run without pressing b.
Squirtle also liked the vs seeker and thinks that should be included or registering trainers on the live caster.
they should also rename the town map to ">region< map" (i.e. unova map) and add a key item for type effectiveness (like a chart or something).
squirtle also wanted to have the pokemon follow you :(

Honestly, Squirtle likes BW2 but thinks the originals are better :/

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I agree with all four or those! I wish that Black/White 2 would have in some way have connected more to your previous adventure. I wish that oyu could have battled your former self, and could have some way associated with the gym leaders that were in Black/White for help. Team Plasma was the same, but still.

This isn't a big dissapointment for me, but yeah more customization would have been nice. It would be cool to change the skin on your pokedex and your outfit. That wouldn't be that hard of a feature to add, and I wish that Gamefreak had done that.

I think that allowing a trainer to swim would be dumb. If your trainer is swimming, then where would they put their bags and Pokeball and things? I think that having a trainer to swim would mess up the HM system as well.

Yeah, I never thought about or noticed this, but it is disappointing.

Changes I think that should've happened to improve the game:

More interaction with the media. Although I liked that you could watch Tv and they had announcements on places that you can go to catch wild Pokemon, I wish that there would be announcements to places where you could go to experience new festivals. Also, aybe there could be a weekly, daily, or even monthly magazine that would say what's going on in the Pokemon world and would change your adventure. I think that would be cool as well.

More interaction with holidays. I wish that you could find a rare Pokemon on holidays, or that there were special items that you could receive on holidays. Kind of like Animal Crossing.

More to do with memory link! It was a cool idea for GameFreak to add a Memory Link feature to Black/White 2, but I wish there had been more that you could see and more that you could do! It's cool to be able to battle Cheren and Bianca and all, but you still don't really understand everything that happened between Black/White and Black/White 2. I just wish Gamefreak would have added more.

DLC. DLC such as new trainers costumes and pokemon costumes would be nice, even if for a monetary fee. More memory links sequences via DLC would provide much profit to Gamefreak as well.

Years
  • Age 30
  • US
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I like most of these ideas. :)

I also agree with people saying they are taking forever in making some really needed changes to these games.

But give em some time people, after all we've already been fans for 15+ years. :cheeky:

I think this thread is about changes that could have been easily made to the individual games, not the entire series itself.

That being said.
I really like the idea to be able to use the memory link to battle your old character from BW, at least the pokemon recorded in the Hall of Fame. That would have been EPIC! :classic:

I also think the PokeDex was a bit confusing, it's the first time I was able to catch multiple pokemon from previous Gens right from the start. Before it was only a few, if that. I think it was just a bit overwhelming for me, call me weird; I guess I'm just really used to the older games. :nervous:

All in all the game was great. Graphics are like never before, and I really think Nintendo is on the right track.

Who knows? Perhaps we'll see a Ruby / Emerald remake followed by an epic 6th Gen in the new 3ds! :cheeky:

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
As everyone has posted, Berry planting is a feature I wish would return, but this is probably being saved for Ruby and Sapphire remakes, if they are coming out.

For new trainer costumes, I would also like that, as it would add some variety to the normal trainer sprites. Maybe it could have been something similar to new C-Gear skins, where you enter a password, then receive the skin.

The main thing I wanted in B2/W2 was really the menu in the bottom screen. I really liked that from HG and SS, and I was hoping for a return of it. The menu down there really made it convenient. I could just tap on whatever I wanted to access easily. Not only that, but registered items and running shoes on/off (which is another thing I miss) can also be accessed with a tap of the stylus.
I was thinking they could maybe have a button in the lower screen to switch from C-Gear to the menu.

Years
How about they should include a better security system in the wifi tournaments :\ No more glitches because you don't know when they'll happen. What if you didn't save and a glitch crashed your game like it did for me?

Also on a lighter note, I would love to customize my own trainer or something. That would be a first.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ability to walk with Pokémon! I miss this feature so much, I have no idea why they removed it. Other than that I couldn't really think of anything myself since BW2 are seeming pretty all-around awesome to me, but after reading a few of the posts here I agree that a customizable trainer would've been really cool. I don't really like the new male protagonist's appearance at all so I'd be very grateful for a chance to change how he looks. Plus it'd make the journey seem that much more personal which would be a pretty nice touch.

~CreamyChoco~

Happy new year to everyone
Years
The Follow me Feature and That you can Swim Without using Surf but your speed will be slower than Surf and also The Ability to Plant Seeds and to add new Berries and of course the Chat ability :P

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
After the first 3 new towns and beginning with Castelia City, I got dejavu.

The game seemed a bit too rehashed, and nothing like a sequel at all.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2014
The experience could have been adjusted. Still feels very Audino-based, causing areas where it is hard to grind on Audinos, resulting in having to fight normal wild pokemon, which yield practically nothing. I level up 25's (by fighting other 25's) at about the same rate as an 85ish in Gen II's Silver Cave with the Exp Share.
The difference is that a 25 is more or less worthless.

Seriously, why is an underleveled Audino worth more than trainer-owned pokemon of the same level?

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I can't think of anything they could have improved. This game, in my opinion, was a great job. Could have improved the story a little. The purrloin thing got old really fast.
They could, though, make it possible for pokémon to follow us... since they have the sprites...

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
The story.

I thought it was a bit lackluster, since they only developed on the plasma story, they should have given more story to what happened during the two years between 2 and 1.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
Swim was in the alpha of Red/Blue. But swimming destroys surf.

I agree that a customizable trainer would've been really cool.
Possible in X and Y , since the sunglasses on the main charatcher... Look wierd to start with.

Last edited:
Back