• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Maps] Curt's Region Starter Kit

Should I release the "Region Starter Kit" ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
In my opinion, you should've just stuck with FRLG graphics, or had somebody rip HGSS tiles for you.
Those graphics look horrible mixed together that way. :x

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
Years
You have no idea how long it takes to do this. It's just a base. You can change the houses and buildings, or anything else as you wish. Why would anybody use FRLG tiles. They are very generic and just crappy.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
I think the HGSS style looks crappy, the character sets of the characters heads are way out of proportion. I don't like them much.

ashthebest10

Years
I agree. I just mostly liked the trees and the other terrain tiles. I just placed a house or building of a new style in place of the FRLG style but it can be changed easily. Changing the cliffs, trees, grass, signs, water, and everything else took two months in itself, so the buildings were not as much of a concern. I figured whoever used this would want their game unique and change the buildings and houses anyway.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
You have no idea how long it takes to do this. It's just a base. You can change the houses and buildings, or anything else as you wish. Why would anybody use FRLG tiles. They are very generic and just crappy.

It really shouldn't take that long if you were just to use FRLG graphics.

Actually, many people, not many in game dev, but in hacking, use FRLG graphics. They aren't generic, and they aren't crappy.

ashthebest10

Years
That's just opinion. I personnaly loved D/P/PL and like I said, I liked the "terrain" of HG/SS. FRLG tiles are too plain, IN MY OPINION. All of the houses look the same.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Yeah, this should be released. Graphics will (hopefully) be changed anyway, so who cares.

Chrisario

Friend code :0018 2912 2366 let me know
Years
Unova map I was busy with it but the tiles are scarce to find and ripping takes longer aswell I was hoping the unova maps would also be in there

ReVaN777

Creator of Pokemon Titanium
Years
Excellent work. 100% supported this project. I actually use this kit in my game (well as a base for it)

Last edited:

Chrisario

Friend code :0018 2912 2366 let me know
Years
I was wondering if there's already finnished Kalos region Maps? If there is please tell me I'm busy adding all FRLG events to the kit to see how it turns ou.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 1, 2016
Hey Curt. Thanks for working on this and doing such a good job. This helped me so much, and I'm sure it did for others to. I know it was a lot of work to get this project where it is, your effort is really appreciated! Glad to see you're still around, and were able to help the community in such a way! Thanks! Once I start getting into my mmo project more, I plan on releasing some stuff to the community. I'd love to contribute some personal works and return the favour! :)

Back