• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iPhone 8 - A Closer Look

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
While the front looks pretty good with that tiny borders around the screen, I still don't understand why they've placed the camera in that way, I just don't like it.

Years
Well, I really do wonder what they're going to do with the home button. I mean, of course Android (and some Windows Phone models) have had soft buttons, but to see this venturing into the world of the iPhone is head-scratching.

Years
Then again, if you get a thin enough of a case, the camera bump goes away so...
Most iPhone cases already cave in where the camera (and "must-be shown!!!!!1111!!oneoneoeleveneleveneleven!!!!" Apple logo 🙄) are. It wouldn't surprise me now if cases caved outward as well, since they serve to protect the lens and not just the body.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I saw MKBHD's video today on it, and I like the design. It's a little odd, especially the top of the screen having that little dip for the sensors. Not to mention the vertical camera just looks strange to me. But the glass back looks really nice, and overall I'm impressed. The lack of a headphone jack doesn't bother me since I use wireless headphones anyway. My only potential (read, potential) dealbreaker is the possible lack of touch id. I get that they're apparently going all out with facial recognition, but I'd much rather prefer touch id. It's just a lot smoother in my opinion. Hopefully there is touch id.

Then again, idk if I'll even be able to afford it when it comes out. Maybe when the 8s does.

Back