• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Water/Grass Deck

Years
I have tried my hand at another deck build and so far it seems to be pretty successful. I know it's not perfect but hoping to keep improving it until it is solid. Articuno is definitely strong in this deck for winning the game in only 3 kills but it's lack of reliability for damage has been it's downfall. Serperior has been awesome for dishing out high damage at a very low cost and Deerling is great for pulling out what is required to set it up.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Swablu GEN 123
* 2 Burmy FAC 2
* 2 Wormadam FAC 3
* 2 Deerling FAC 8
* 1 Durant BKP 9
* 2 Snivy FAC 5
* 2 Servine FAC 6
* 1 Serperior FAC 7
* 2 Articuno ROS 17

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 2 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 2 Energy Retrieval EVO 77
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 Pokémon Catcher EPO 95
* 2 Evosoda XY 116
* 2 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 2 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Switch ROS 91
* 2 Shauna FAC 111
* 1 Energy Pouch FAC 97
* 1 Revitalizer GEN 70
* 2 N FAC 105
* 2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 2 Exp. Share PRC 128

##Energy - 16

* 10 Grass Energy XYEnergy 5
* 6 Water Energy XYEnergy 9

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

megaman d

novice scripter
Years
well... dont know how good it is but for a newbie i think it's decent.
try removing shauna and keeping more n or 1 more sycamore also keep a vs seeker always keep 2-3 vs seeker.
making a dual type deck with 2 different energy is not usually great so what i suggest is to keep something which takes water/grass energy or a normal energy with the best card in your deck.
and why keep the swablu ? also wormaddam. you might also remove energy pouch and replace it with trainers mail if you got that.
all in all it's a "decent" deck i would say and if you need any help i might be able to give a articuno (not sure if i have extras)

Years
Thanks for the feedback. I am pretty new to the game and seems to be serving me well. I want to build a more competitive deck but don't have the cards needed yet. The only Pokemon that uses water is articuno, yeah I need to remove swablu for sure. A lot of the reasons for why I don't have more of some cards is because I don't own them yet. Will alter the deck and update the card listing later. Thanks

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I have tried my hand at another deck build and so far it seems to be pretty successful. I know it's not perfect but hoping to keep improving it until it is solid. Articuno is definitely strong in this deck for winning the game in only 3 kills but it's lack of reliability for damage has been it's downfall. Serperior has been awesome for dishing out high damage at a very low cost and Deerling is great for pulling out what is required to set it up.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Swablu GEN 123
* 2 Burmy FAC 2
* 2 Wormadam FAC 3
* 2 Deerling FAC 8
* 1 Durant BKP 9
* 2 Snivy FAC 5
* 2 Servine FAC 6
* 1 Serperior FAC 7
* 2 Articuno ROS 17

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 2 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 2 Energy Retrieval EVO 77
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 Pokémon Catcher EPO 95
* 2 Evosoda XY 116
* 2 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 2 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Switch ROS 91
* 2 Shauna FAC 111
* 1 Energy Pouch FAC 97
* 1 Revitalizer GEN 70
* 2 N FAC 105
* 2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 2 Exp. Share PRC 128

##Energy - 16

* 10 Grass Energy XYEnergy 5
* 6 Water Energy XYEnergy 9

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Pokemon - 16

4x Snivy
4x Servine
4x Serperior
2x Remoraid
2x Octillery

Items – 19

4x Crushing Hammer
4x VS Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
4x Level Ball
2x Enhanced Hammer
1x Super Rod

Supporters – 13

3x Sycamore
2x N
2x Skyla
2x Lysandre
2x Flare Grunt
1x Team mates
1x Delinquent

Stadiums– 4
4x Forest of Giant Plants

Energy – 8
8x Grass

Serperior is the real gold in your list, those Articuno work best in a water box via Ninjaboy as they do such a low and unreliable yield of damage on their own. As such, I've written a tightened up list around Serperior. Octillery is there as a mid game draw engine for you to keep you hitting those hammers and VS Seekers. Forest of the Giant plants lets you evolve your grass pokemon as many times as you can/want on any turn (so you can theoretically have Serperior powered up on turn one quite easily) Skyla is in there to grab out forests and Delinquent is there for you to remove them and force your opponent into losing 3 cards from their hand. Hammers and flare grunts will slow your opponent down enough to allow Serperior to start dishing out serious damage. Each Servine you play from your hand will also give you a chance to inflict paralysis which will stop your opponent from retreating or attacking with their active for a turn. Team Mates is there for when they Lysandre out Octillery (they deffo will) so you can grab 2 of whatever you want and turn the tide back in your favour.

If you're short any of these I can have a look in my spares boxes and send them out to you if I have them sitting around :)

Years
Serperior is the real gold in your list, those Articuno work best in a water box via Ninjaboy as they do such a low and unreliable yield of damage on their own. As such, I've written a tightened up list around Serperior. Octillery is there as a mid game draw engine for you to keep you hitting those hammers and VS Seekers. Forest of the Giant plants lets you evolve your grass pokemon as many times as you can/want on any turn (so you can theoretically have Serperior powered up on turn one quite easily) Skyla is in there to grab out forests and Delinquent is there for you to remove them and force your opponent into losing 3 cards from their hand. Hammers and flare grunts will slow your opponent down enough to allow Serperior to start dishing out serious damage. Each Servine you play from your hand will also give you a chance to inflict paralysis which will stop your opponent from retreating or attacking with their active for a turn. Team Mates is there for when they Lysandre out Octillery (they deffo will) so you can grab 2 of whatever you want and turn the tide back in your favour.

If you're short any of these I can have a look in my spares boxes and send them out to you if I have them sitting around :)

Right just been all the cards that I have at home and I am missing the following:

Pokemon

1x Snivy
2x Servine
3x Serperior
1x Remoraid
1x Octillery

Items

4x Crushing Hammer
2x VS Seeker
2x Level Ball
2x Enhanced Hammer

Supporters

2x Flare Grunt
1x Delinquent

Stadium

Will start looking up what sets they are in and see what boosters I can find. In the mean time I will try and build this deck online as well but believe I am short of pretty much the same cards.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Right just been all the cards that I have at home and I am missing the following:

Pokemon

1x Snivy
2x Servine
3x Serperior
1x Remoraid
1x Octillery

Items

4x Crushing Hammer
2x VS Seeker
2x Level Ball
2x Enhanced Hammer

Supporters

2x Flare Grunt
1x Delinquent

Stadium

Will start looking up what sets they are in and see what boosters I can find. In the mean time I will try and build this deck online as well but believe I am short of pretty much the same cards.

Octi should be in the Keldeo set thing :)

I'll have a dig around, I'm sure I have a spare Delinquent, a few Forests and some level balls :)

Back