The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Fan Fiction and Writing
Pokémon The Extraordinary Journey

Fan Fiction and Writing Have a story you want to share? Or in the mood to sit back and read one, instead? Then come hang out here!

Old 2 Weeks Ago (12:05 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by xFireEagle13.
Pokemon Master

Nature: Jolly
    Chapter 1: Pallet Town

Raphael woke up in the morning as his alarm clock woke him up. He was an eighteen-year-old kid that still had a dream of being a child again and this was his time to be a Pokemon trainer. When his phone woke him up he looked at the time and he saw that it was time to get going as it was opening time. He went to the bathroom to take a shower, getting ready for the big and wonderful eventful day. When he got done showering he went back into his bedroom to change into something more appropriate, which was a red hat, a white t-shirt, and black pants.

Raphael grabbed his red and white backpack and put his phone away in his pants pocket, quickly walking downstairs to see his mother drinking coffee on the living room table.

“Good morning, mom,” Raphael said.
    “Good morning, son,” Raphael’s mom said. “Are you excited for today?”
    “Yeah, I’m ready for today,” Raphael said. “Professor Oak’s laboratory opened up just a couple minutes ago, so I think I should go soon.”
    “Oh, that’s great!” Raphael’s mom exclaimed. “If so, you should have a poffin or something so you can have a good breakfast.”
    “Okay, well, that sounds great,” Raphael said. “I’ll grab one on my way out or when I come back to check on you.”
    “Okay, son, I’ll be waiting for your goodbye,” Raphael’s mom said.

Raphael went over to his mom and gave her a hug before he walked out of the house. After the hug, he walked out of the house and walked towards Professor Oak’s laboratory. As he was walking the streets to Professor Oak’s laboratory, he was wondering what kind of Pokemon he would want as a starter. When he was thinking of the starter Pokemon he would be choosing, he first thought of Bulbasaur, which was the Grass-type Seed Pokemon. As he was thinking of Bulbasaur, he was wondering if anyone else would be joining him.

He went further into his eighteen-year-old brain and thought of the next starter Pokemon which was Charmander, the Fire-type Lizard Pokemon. When he was thinking more of it, he thought that Charmander would be a great choice for him. He wanted to know if it was a good choice though since he found out that Brock was back in town. When he was close to Professor Oak’s laboratory he found out that there was another person that wanted to become a Pokemon trainer. He walked closer to the other trainer and saw that he pretty much wore basic clothes like him; a black t-shirt and blue pants.

“Hello, welcome to the front of my Pokemon laboratory!” Professor Oak exclaimed. “In here this is the place where you can get your first starter Pokemon, which is only three choices. It will only be three choices of Pokemon, which are Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle!”
    “Can I just choose my Pokemon already?” the second Pokemon trainer asked.
    “Not yet because before you do, you better choose wisely because I want you two to be a part of my research! I’ll be giving you each a Pokedex to collect data from every single Pokemon you find!”
    “Oh wow! So, this isn’t going to be an adventure after all, but a science project?” the Pokemon trainer asked.
    “No, not quite, but as a Pokemon professor and being old as a I am, I also told a couple others to collect data, too,” Professor Oak said. “With any ado, the first one to choose his Pokemon would be the anxious one, which is you, young man.”

Raphael was chosen to be second to choose his starter Pokemon and while he was waiting for the other Pokemon trainer to choose, he quickly read the title of a book. When the other Pokemon trainer got done choosing, he put the book back on the bookshelf and walked towards the table. He was standing in front of the oak table and looked at the two pokeball's closely. As he carefully chose a pokeball, he looked back at his supposed rival and smiled. He was hoping that his rival chose Bulbasaur as he chose Charmander, so he gripped the pokeball and walked towards his rival.

“Hey, before we leave our separate ways we should have a Pokemon battle!” Red’s rival exclaimed. “My name is Gabriel, by the way.”
    “Okay, that sounds great,” Raphael said. “Let’s bring it on!”

Gabriel threw out his pokeball first and it appeared to be Squirtle, which was Raphael’s chosen weakness. Raphael got bummed when Gabriel threw out Squirtle, the Water-type Tiny Turtle Pokemon. Raphael threw out Charmander and as soon as Professor Oak saw that Gabriel chose the correct type over Raphael, he got more bummed.

“Okay, let’s begin with the Pokemon types you chose,” Professor Oak said.
    “No need,” Gabriel said. “I’m planning on becoming a Professor or a scientist like you. So, I already know the outcome of this Pokemon battle and the two types. There’s the Fire-type Lizard Pokemon against my Water-type Tiny Turtle Pokemon.”
    “Okay, we’ll see,” Professor Oak said. “Go on then, battle and we’ll see who wins.”

Gabriel put his hands in his pants pocket and grinned while Raphael pulled his hat backward and put on black and red fingerless gloves. Since Gabriel was now known as someone who was going to become a Pokemon professor Raphael was also an adult like him, knowing the same amount of Pokemon he does.

“Let’s go, Charmander! Use Scratch!” Raphael commanded.
    “Okay, Squirtle! Use Tackle!” Gabriel commanded.

Charmander used Scratch, running up to his rival’s Squirtle and scratching its face. Three red thin lines went across Squirtle's face and then quickly disappeared. Squirtle shook its head and ran towards Charmander as fast as it could, quickly lowering its head and gave Charmander a blow in the body. Charmander was hurt as bad as Squirtle, but Raphael didn’t back down. Raphael saw that Gabriel was looking through his pokedex and had a confused look on his face.

“Wow, this Squirtle doesn’t even have a Water-type move yet,” Gabriel said. “However, in this first Pokemon battle it’s going to be a close one.”
    “Okay, well let’s go Charmander! Use Scratch!” Raphael commanded.
    “Let’s go, Squirtle! Use Tackle!” Gabriel commanded.

Charmander scratched Squirtle on the face a second time, making it hurt even more than the first. Squirtle shook its head quickly and tackled Charmander with all it got, making it an even match-up again. When Raphael saw that both Charmander and Squirtle were evenly hurt, he wanted to make sure that types didn’t mean a thing in a Pokemon battle.

“Okay Charmander, let’s use Scratch!” Raphael commanded.
    “Let’s go, Squirtle! Let’s use Tackle!” Gabriel commanded.

Raphael saw the final blow Squirtle done to Charmander, making it look so weak that Professor Oak called off the Pokemon battle.

“Okay, we have a winner! The winner is Gabriel!” Professor Oak announced. “In every Pokemon battle, Pokemon types matter and the strongest will always win!”
    “Yes! That’s right!” Gabriel exclaimed. “I win and you lose, so cough it up!”
    “Cough what up, Gabriel?” Raphael asked.

Both Raphael and Gabriel looked at Professor Oak in a confused way, wanting him to cough up what Gabriel meant.

“Well, in most cases Pokemon trainers can bet money on who wins,” Professor Oak said. “However, in this case, we didn’t bet anything as it was just a training exercise. So, no wins or loses, no one wins money or loses money.”
    “That’s not fair, professor,” Gabriel said.
    “I think that’s fair, but anyway, I’m on my way because my mom is worried about me,” Raphael said.

Raphael waved a goodbye to Professor Oak and Gabriel, leaving the Pokemon laboratory. When he was walking back to his house, he noticed that his neighbor, Gabriel’s sister, was out on the steps. He walked over to her and introduced himself, soon making her feel odd.

“Hi, my name is Raphael,” Raphael said. “What’s your name?”
    “Hi Raphael, my name is Barbara,” Gabriel’s sister said. “What made you want to come here before your Pokemon adventure?”
    “I came here before I left to check on my mom and to see what you’re doing,” Raphael said. “So, what are you doing?”
    “I’m looking at the map of the Kanto region,” Barbara said. “I’m also trying to get familiar with the map before I go on my own adventure.”
    “Oh really?” Raphael asked. “What kind of adventure are you going on?”
    “I’m going to start my adventure with the remaining starter Pokemon in Professor Oak’s laboratory and doing Pokemon contests,” Barbara said.
    “Oh wow, that’s cool!” Raphael exclaimed.
    “Yeah, but anyways, I’m about done, so we’ll see each other in Pewter City, okay?” Barbara asked.
    “Okay, that’s a good idea,” Raphael said. “I’m going to check on my mom before I go, so see you around.”

Raphael walked away from Barbara and walked into his own house, seeing his mom sipping on some tea. He sat down and poured a glass of his own, smiling at his mom because he was officially a Pokemon trainer.

“Well mom, I would want to check on you before I go,” Raphael said. “My starter Pokemon is Charmander and I noticed that there’s going to be two more Pokemon trainers going on the same adventure as me.”
    “Okay, that’s cool,” Raphael’s mom said. “That’ll be good for you, getting you out of the house and talk to people.”
    “Yeah, also my favorite thing to do which is seeing what kind of Pokemon there are in the world,” Raphael said. “Well, while I’m thinking of it and getting me anxious, I’m going to go now.”
    “Okay, son,” Raphael’s mom said. “We’ll see you when you get back, I’ll be calling you every now and then.”

Raphael kissed his mom on the cheek and hugged her before he walked out of the house to leave. He walked out of the property lines and saw a wooden sign that said, “Route 1.” As he walked through the wild grasses and on the dirt path, he saw many wild Pokemon to catch. Taking out his pokedex to record the only two Pokemon he found so far, he noticed only one Pokemon worth catching. The first Pokemon he recorded was Pidgey, the Normal-type Tiny Bird Pokemon and the second was Rattata, the Normal-type Mouse Pokemon.

Raphael thought about catching both of the Pokemon instead of just one, looking down at his Pokemon belt and seeing five empty slots. Now as he thought of only catching one Pokemon, he looked around for a wild Pidgey, the Tiny Bird. When he found a wild Pidgey he saw that it looked strong, taking out Charmander to attack it.

“Okay Charmander, let’s use Scratch!” Raphael commanded.

Charmander ran up towards the wild Pidgey and scratched it, battling and weakening it for the first time. Charmander looked back at its trainer, Raphael and smiled wanting it to keep battling. The wild Pidgey was hurt but it was still able to stay in the battle, flapping its wings and launching sand at Charmander. Charmander got sand in its face but it quickly shook it off, waiting for Red to give it another command.

“Let’s use Scratch, Charmander!” Raphael commanded.

Charmander ran up towards the wild Pidgey a second time and weakened it more, but the Pokemon was still in the battle. Raphael didn’t know that the wild Pidgey was this strong so he took out a pokeball out of his backpack and waited.

“Okay Charmander, let’s use Scratch one more time!” Raphael commanded.

Charmander’s little flame on the tip of its tail grew bigger, making Raphael wonder what was going on. Charmander ran its fastest towards the wild Pidgey and with all it got, Charmander raised its little arm and scratched the wild Pidgey. Raphael saw the power Charmander had and wanted to know what was happening, going through his pokedex to find out. When he looked it up he noticed that his Charmander had the Blaze and Solar Power ability, which made him wonder. Also, when he looked further into the statistics of Charmander, he saw that it was also Rash.

“Okay Charmander, that’s it, please come back!” Raphael commanded.

Raphael tightly gripped the empty pokeball and threw it at the wild Pidgey as fast as he could. The pokeball gave out a smacking noise damaging the wild Pidgey even more, but it was successfully transferred inside the pokeball. When the pokeball landed on the soft grass and started to move back and forth, making Red anxious. The pokeball kept going back and forth numerous times, soon stopping as Raphael watched a wild Rattata. The wild Pidgey was successfully caught and making Raphael happy and excited for his first caught Pokemon.

“Alright! We got a Pidgey!” Raphael exclaimed.

Both Raphael and Charmander was excited, jumping up and down raising their hands in the air. When they were whipped out from their excitement Raphael made Charmander return into its pokeball and continued his way down Route 1. When he started to continue walking down the route he was stopped by someone that looked like a store clerk, making him stop to wonder what was going on.

“Oh, hello there, I’m one of the store clerks of the Viridian City pokemart!” the store clerk exclaimed. “I’m also giving out samples to upcoming Pokemon trainers, so are you one?”
    “Yeah, I’m currently a Pokemon trainer from Pallet Town, but I love samples,” Raphael said. “What kind of samples do you have?”
    “I have medication samples, but since I can’t just give out a drop of medication, I’m going to give you a full bottle of Potion for your Pokemon,” the store clerk said. “It’s also free, so no cost whatsoever!”
    “Oh cool! That’s awesome, thank you!” Raphael exclaimed.

Raphael grabbed the bottle of potion and put it in his backpack, thanking the store clerk again. Continuing down the route he suddenly saw a bush of berries that would make his Pokemon happy, but according to his pokedex Charmander loved dry berries. However, when he was going to take a couple bitter berries from the bush, he suddenly saw apricorns. Trying to remember was apricorns were used for, he only grabbed one and surprisingly it was a black one. Wanting to remember what apricorns were used for he continued his way down the path, looking at the big city of Viridian ahead of him.

To Be Continued...

Relevant Advertising!

Old 2 Weeks Ago (12:33 PM).
    Pokemon Master

Chapter 2: Viridian City

Raphael entered the city limits of Viridian City and walked into the pokecenter to heal his two Pokemon which were Charmander and Pidgey. He walked towards the nurse and saw that it wasn’t really busy. Wondering why it wasn’t so busy at this time, he looked at the clock and saw that it was around noon. He grabbed the two pokeballs from his black belt and set them on the counter in front of the nurse.

“Welcome to the Viridian City pokecenter, how may I help you?” the nurse asked.
      “Hi, I would want to heal my Pokemon, please,” Raphael said.
      “Okay, just hold on just a couple minutes,” the nurse said. “I would have to put them in the back room so they can heal.”
      “Okay, that’s fine,” Raphael said.

Raphael walked back to sit on the bench and saw that the nurse was taking her time. When he was getting anxious from the time he looked around and saw Barbara and Gabriel walking in. Getting up to greet them with a smile they quickly sat down in a booth together.

“Hey Raphael, how’s it going?” Barbara asked.
      “Hi Barbara, it’s going pretty good,” Raphael said. “However, it’s taking a long time that my Pokemon to heal.”
      “Really? That’s strange, they would usually take about five minutes for them to heal,” Barbara said. “I wonder what’s going on.”

Barbara and Gabriel got up off the booth and walked towards the nurse's counter, soon ringing the bell for service. However, the nurse took a long time to get back to the counter, making Gabriel have a confused look.

“Hi, what’s taking so long for my friends Pokemon to heal?” Gabriel asked. “I thought this pokecenter took only five minutes to heal Pokemon?”
      “It does take five minutes to heal Pokemon, but we’re having trouble in the back,” the nurse said. “We’re having difficulty with the healing process.”
      “Okay, so what’s going on with the healing process?” Gabriel asked. “I’ve been taught how to heal Pokemon, so I think I can fix it.”
      “Well, I hope you can, sir,” the nurse said. “Please, come with me and you’ll find out for yourself.”

Gabriel and the nurse went back into the back room where they heal the hurt Pokemon which made Raphael and Barbara wait. Immediately as soon as they walked back the nurse was screaming making both Raphael and Barbara run into the back room. They saw that there were three suspicious Pokemon trainers wearing black trying to take the Pokemon.

“Hey! What’s going on here?!” Gabriel yelled.
      “Oh shoot! Let’s go!” one of the Pokemon trainers yelled.

Both Raphael and Gabriel didn’t want the three suspicious trainers get away with the stolen Pokemon, running as fast as they could to catch up with them. Quickly tackling two of them down only leaving them one get away.

“Get them back!” Gabriel yelled. “Give these Pokemon back, now!”
      “No way! These Pokemon are prized possessions!” one of the trainers yelled.
      “No, they’re not! So, give them back or else!” Gabriel yelled.

Gabriel started to beat the suspicious trainer, trying to force him to give up the stolen Pokemon. Raphael wanted to find out an easier way to free the stolen Pokemon, but he wanted to know how he could get his Pokemon back.

“Okay, we’ll battle for them!” Raphael exclaimed.
      “Battle? What do you mean by battling?” one of the suspicious trainers asked.
      “We battle for the stolen Pokemon! If we win the battle we get the Pokemon back, but if you win the stolen Pokemon are forever yours,” Raphael said.
      “Okay, that’s a good deal,” the suspicious trainer said. “Harry ran his fastest so I guess it’s just Kaylin and me! So, let’s go!”

The two suspicious trainers named Kaylin and Ramona quickly got up and grabbed a pokeball each, waiting for Raphael and Gabriel. However, since Raphael didn’t have his Pokemon Gabriel had to wait for Barbara. When she arrived, Gabriel took out Bulbasaur and Barbara took out Squirtle as the two suspicious trainers sent out Abra and Weedle.

“Oh wow, what kind of Pokemon is that?” Raphael asked.
      “It’s an Abra the Psi Pokemon,” Gabriel said. “I heard that many trainers want this Pokemon but with their minds so bothered it’s hard to catch it, so I’m assuming that this Abra was stolen.”
      “Oh wow, that’s cool. I hope I can catch one,” Raphael said.

The Pokemon battle was an average battle for both Gabriel and Barbara as they were known as elite trainers. However, with them being elite trainers and older than any other Pokemon trainer out in the Pokemon world Raphael was also a part of those elite trainers. With them winning the battle the two suspicious trainers had to give up the stolen Pokemon which were quickly brought back to the Viridian City pokecenter. The suspicious Pokemon trainers ran their fastest dropping a piece of paper and when Raphael went to pick it up he read that the piece of paper was titled, “Team Rocket’s Capture List.”

“Wow, look at this, guys,” Raphael said. “Those two people were apart of Team Rocket, the prestigious group that steals Pokemon from other Pokemon trainers.”
      “Oh really? That’s not good,” Barbara said. “We need to get those crooks!”
      “No, not now,” Gabriel interrupted. “We need to band up and find their headquarters. Find the leader and take them out!”

As what they don’t know, the Viridian City gym was where the leader was placed, but as of what the townsfolk say, the gym was closed for months. Also, what the three Pokemon trainers don’t know yet is that the actual headquarters is located in Mahogany Town.

“Well, we should find the leader and ask him to not do these kind of things,” Raphael said. “We need to cover more ground, finding the headquarters and confront him.”
      “What are you trying to say?” Gabriel asked. “Ask Team Rocket members where their boss is located, ask them where their headquarters are located?”
      “I’m not saying that, I’m saying that we need to separate and find these guys and ask them where their leader is, doesn’t matter what it takes,” Raphael said.

Gabriel looked at Raphael’s eyes and saw a burning sensation in them, wondering if he was going to join Team Rocket. However, with Barbara thinking the same, she was wondering if her friend would do the right thing and take the leader down from the inside. With Barbara wanting Raphael to join Team Rocket and her brother Gabriel not wanting him to, it was hard to decide who was right.

“I want them to be taken down and for good,” Gabriel said. “However, we need to gather together, find them, and take them out one by one before getting to the leader.”
      “Yes, but how are we going to do that since all three of us are experienced in different ways and might be in separate locations any time soon?” Barbara asked.
      “I don’t know, but I want to take them out, sooner or later Barbara,” Gabriel said. “I got to go and head to Pewter City, meet me there you two and we’ll talk more.”

Raphael was thinking of joining this suspicious team known as Team Rocket, wondering what kind of things they do other than stealing Pokemon. When he saw Gabriel leave the area he turned to look at Barbara and looked at her in a confused look.

"So, what do you think of Team Rocket and my plan?" Raphael asked.
      "Your plan is a good idea, but it can be dangerous, too," Barbara said. "However, if you do finally decide to join Team Rocket, who knows what kind of Pokemon you'll see. Yeah, basic and common Pokemon, but who knows what other Pokemon are out there."
      "I'm only planning on joining Team Rocket to take them down from the inside," Raphael said. "Yes, I would like to know what kind of things they do other than steal Pokemon from other Pokemon trainers, but I need to see how they work and take that advantage to take them out."
      "Okay, well, we'll see about this in the future," Barbara said. "I just hope you join Team Rocket for the goodness of the trainers and Pokemon instead of for the money and opportunity to get powerful Pokemon."
      "I know, I'm still thinking of joining Team Rocket and hopefully this will make me think of joining for the right thing instead of the bad thing," Raphael said. "I'll see you in Pewter City, Barbara, we'll see you around."
      "Okay, Raphael, we'll see you around," Barbara said.

Raphael started to walk north towards Pewter City but as he was walking on a dirt path, he read a sign saying, "Route 2". He noticed that the route wasn't much of a route as it led straight into a forested area. While he was walking the route he saw that there were many items hidden in bushes, soon walking over and finding a Moon Stone. The stone he found was an evolution stone that is minimal to specific types and the certain range of Pokemon. Continuing to walk around to find more items, he found a Pink Apricorn, which he thought would be an interesting bundle of food.

Continuing his way down the path and towards the forested area, he saw a house that looked peaceful. Walking towards the house, he thought it was abandoned so he opened the door and walked inside, seeing that there was someone playing with a Pokemon.

"Hi there, what are you doing?" Raphael asked.
      "Oh, hi there! I'm trying to train my Mr. Mime, so please, leave me be," the trainer said.
      "No, wait, I didn't mean to intervene," Raphael said. "What's a Mr. Mime?"
      "Mr. Mime is a Mime Psychic-type Pokemon," the trainer said. "I've been having a lot of trouble trying to train it, so I'll give it to you for an easier Pokemon to train."

Raphael wondered what to do, thinking of what kind of Pokemon would be easier than a Mr. Mime. As he sat down and looked through his pokedex to find out what kind of Pokemon would be easy for the Pokemon trainer, he wondered if he could just catch a wild Pokemon for him.

"I know what kind of Pokemon would be easier to train for you," Raphael said. "However, it might make you actually leave the house some because you need to be outside and battle another Pokemon in order to train it and make it stronger."
      "Okay, so what kind of Pokemon are you thinking?" the Pokemon trainer asked.
      "I'm talking about either Weedle or Caterpie," Raphael said. "However, you can only find them near trees and probably multiple in that forest up ahead."
      "Okay, well, that sounds great!" the Pokemon trainer exclaimed. "However, I would want to give you this Mr. Mime for a pokeball or two?"
      "Okay, that sounds like a good deal," Raphael said.

Raphael went into his backpack and grabbed two pokeball's which he traded for a Mr. Mime. Mr. Mime was known as the dual type Psychic-Fairy type Barrier Pokemon, which made Raphael wonder how much the Pokemon would be. Already thinking like a member of Team Rocket he was curious about even having the Pokemon in his team, wondering if he would be able to trade for it. Although he was happy to trade a Pokemon for an item, he also thought if he ripped off the Pokemon trainer or not. He ignored the fact and walked out of the Pokemon trainer's house, waving him a goodbye.

Raphael kept walking towards the forest, watching the Pokemon trainer trying to catch the wild Pokemon he suggested. Laughing and wondering if a Weedle or Caterpie would really be easy and weak or easy to catch and be strong. When he walked over to observe the Pokemon trainer's progress he saw that he only used one of the two pokeball's he gave him. When he continued his way to the forest he read the sign, reading, "Viridian Forest", making him wonder how long it would take. However, before he entered the forest, he looked up at the sky and saw that there was a mysterious Pokemon that flew over him, making him wonder what kind of Pokemon it was.

Old 2 Weeks Ago (12:21 PM).
      Pokemon Master

Chapter 3: Viridian Forest

Raphael started to walk into the Viridian Forest, seeing all of the tall trees and multiple Bug-type Pokemon squirming around the grassy floor. As he was continuing his way through the forest, he saw many Caterpie, many Weedle, however, he saw a ton of nests, too. Instead of seeing Rattata on the ground floor he kept seeing the weak looking Bug-type, wondering if the manifestation would end. It took him multiple steps to end up going towards another direction, soon finding a lone pokeball on the ground. As he picked up the pokeball he raised stretching his long legs and saw a wild Weedle in front of him.

Walking up and down the forest path looking at all the wild Weedle and Caterpie nests, thinking of the Pokemon trainer he traded Mr. Mime with. As he was wondering about it, he walked over to one of the Weedle nests he saw a giant bee looking Pokemon. Quickly being scared jumping up in the air he noticed that he startled the small Weedle on the ground floor. Suddenly trying his best to keep calm, trying to not move or anything. However, wanting to know what kind of Pokemon the bee was, he pulled out his pokedex and it came up to a wild Beedrill, the Poison Bee Pokemon.

As he was looking further into the Poison Bee Pokemon, he noticed that the wild Beedrill could evolve into something else, making him want to catch a Weedle. However, with the reading and loud voice of the pokedex, the wild Beedrill was alerted and started to chase him. Scared and running as fast as he could up and down the forest path, he accidentally ran into a person. Suddenly being plunged on the floor by the person, he looked up at the person and saw that he had a bug catching net.

"Hold there! Don't move!" the person said. "My name is Samuel, who may you be?"
        "My name's Raphael, what kind of trainer are you?" Raphael asked.
        "I'm a Bug catcher," Samuel said. "I catch Bug Pokemon and study them, as my only Pokemon is Kakuna."
        "A Kakuna? That’s the evolved form of a Weedle, right?" Raphael asked
        "Yes, that's correct," Samuel said. "Professor Oak gave it to me as my starter Pokemon and now it's a Kakuna. I want it to become stronger and hope that it evolves into that Pokemon there, a Beedrill."
        "Oh, that's cool!" Raphael exclaimed. "I would so want a Weedle right now."
        "That's awesome! Well, anyway, how about a Pokemon battle to train my Kakuna?" Samuel asked.
        "That's awesome, I would love to have a Pokemon battle with you!" Raphael exclaimed.

Both Raphael and Samuel took a couple big steps away from each other to create a battle area, making Raphael wonder how strong that Kakuna Samuel had was. However, looking down at his belt he noticed that he had his Pidgey which was strong against Bug-type Pokemon. Smiling down at the forest floor grabbing Pidgey's pokeball, he wished that it would easily take down the Kakuna.

"Okay, the battle is a one on one Pokemon battle! The winner will proceed out of the Viridian Forest! The loser will stay in the forest forever!" Samuel announced.
        "Okay, let's go! I'll bring out my Pidgey!" Raphael commanded.

Samuel sent out his Kakuna which stood perfectly upward and straight on its bottom tip, making Raphael wonder how shiny it is. As the Kakuna just stood there the Pidgey looked at it like it was prey, opening its beak and flapping its wings.

"Okay, Pidgey! Let's use Tackle!" Raphael commanded.
        "Let's use Harden, Kakuna!" Samuel commanded.

Kakuna didn’t move at all but stood there without any hesitation, making Pidgey fly towards it with its fast speed. Tackling the Kakuna with all it got, the Pidgey didn't get any effect at all, making Raphael wonder why it wasn't an easy hit.

"Ah! Tackle is a Normal-type Pokemon move, making it have a normal effect on my Kakuna!" Samuel exclaimed. "However, I would only be worried about my Kakuna if it had Gust which is a Flying-type Pokemon move!"

Raphael went into his pokedex and looked at the moves his Pidgey currently had which wasn't much, only Tackle the Normal-type move and Sand Attack, the Ground-type move. Making him look at Charmander's moves, it had Scratch and Growl which were both Normal-type moves. Being bummed about both his Pokemon's moves, he scratched his head, curiously looking at Mr. Mime's stats. Mr. Mime was a Psychic-type Pokemon which was Kakuna's weakness, making him switch out.

"Okay, let's give it a break Pidgey! Let's go Mr. Mime!" Raphael commanded. "Let's use Confusion!"
        "Oh no! Kakuna, use Harden, now!" Samuel commanded.

Mr. Mime was oddly faster than Samuel's Kakuna making it use its Confusion attack first. Mr. Mime raised its right hand making Kakuna get surrounded by a mysterious purple aura, soon using its other hand to point towards the tree behind its trainer. Quickly and suddenly, Kakuna flew straight back towards the tree Mr. Mime pointed at, making it have a loud crash. Oddly enough Raphael saw that the Mr. Mime was stronger than he thought, making him wonder how strong it'll be with its full potential.

"No! This isn't good!" Samuel yelled. "Let's use Harden, Kakuna!"
        "Let's use Confusion again, Mr. Mime!" Raphael commanded.

Mr. Mime did the same actions before making the same strange purple aura surround Kakuna, slinging it back towards the tree. This time, it had such a loud crash that Samuel was worried about his Kakuna, thinking that it crashed and died. Making Mr. Mime return to its pokeball and running as fast as he could to see if Samuel's Pokemon died, they noticed that it was still intact.

"You win the battle, now go!" Samuel yelled. "After this, you win nothing from me! So, go now or else!"
        "I didn't mean to hurt Kakuna that bad, I'm sorry," Raphael said. "I really didn't mean to."
        "Yes, I know, but I didn't know you had such a strong Mr. Mime in your Pokemon party," Samuel said. "Now, with all respect, I need you to go. However, I'm heading towards Pewter City to heal my Kakuna."
        "I'm heading to Pewter City, too," Raphael said. "Do you want to walk with me?"
        "No thanks, I'll go on my own," Samuel said. "I would want to examine what'll happen to Kakuna after this much damage."
        "Okay, well I'll see you around, Samuel," Raphael said. "Goodbye now!"

Raphael started to walk towards the end of the Viridian Forest, soon finding out that there was a Leaf Stone in the middle of the floor. Picking it up quickly and putting it in his backpack, he continued to see multiple Weedle and Caterpie swarming around the forest floor. With his new attempt to catch a wild Weedle, he took out a pokeball and viciously threw it at the wild Weedle. The pokeball was smacked directly at Weedle's little body. The pokeball moved back and forth numerous times, suddenly stopping in mid-movement.

Raphael stood there on the forest floor to see if the wild Weedle was caught, wondering if Mr. Mime would find out for him since it was a Psychic-type.

"Okay Mr. Mime, let's find out if there's a Weedle in this pokeball!" Raphael commanded.

When Mr. Mime came out, it used Confusion to bring back the pokeball into Raphael's hand, shrugging its shoulders up in the air. Looking at the gesture Mr. Mime gave to him, Raphael thought it would know if a Pokemon would be in a pokeball or not, but it didn't. As the pokeball didn't move an inch on the forest floor for a long time until it was brought to his hand, he really wondered if it was inside the ball. Finalizing his thought, he made Mr. Mime return to its pokeball and walked out of the Viridian Forest. Now walking towards the rocky city of Pewter, he wondered how strong the gym leader was as he knew that his name was Brock.

To Be Continued...

Old 2 Weeks Ago (3:35 PM).
        Pokemon Master

Chapter 4: Pewter City

Raphael was walking out of the Viridian Forest and re-entered Route 2, looking back at his progress as he continued his journey. When he entered Pewter City, he saw how amazed the city was; surrounding by a mountain range. However, as he was walking passed the pokecenter and straight to the Pewter City gym, he saw that it wasn't a Rock-type gym anymore. Wondering what kind of types the gym is now, he walked around the gym and saw many trees and leaves, thinking that it was Grass-type or Bug-type. Seeing that he had a Charmander which was a Fire-type Pokemon he thought that he would win the gym badge.

"Are you a Pokemon trainer?" a man wearing a black and white shirt asked.
          "Yes, I'm a Pokemon trainer," Raphael said. "Why are you asking?"
          "I'm asking because this gym specializes in Rock-type and Ground-type Pokemon," the person said. "However, instead of Brock the original Pokemon gym leader, it is now controlled by Forrest, his brother."
          "So, is Forrest in the gym now?" Raphael asked.
          "I'm sorry, but he's out training his Pokemon up in the mountaintop," the person said. "I'm the gym announcer here, I'll make sure to tell him when he returns so you can challenge him."
          "Okay, that's great," Raphael said. "I'll return later than."

Raphael was bummed thinking that he'll lose the gym battle since he doesn't have a Water-type or a Grass-type Pokemon. Wondering if he could find a good Grass-type or Water-type Pokemon, he thought of what Pokemon the cruel and mysterious Team Rocket had. Walking away from the Pewter City gym and into the pokecenter, he walked towards the computer. On the computer he looked up Team Rocket and requested a visit from one of the recruiters, however, he didn't know who they were. After he requested a visit from someone who would potentially recruit him into Team Rocket, he looked up the location of their headquarters, seeing that it was located in Mohagany Town in Johto.

Logging off the computer, Raphael walked out of the pokecenter and looked at the time, wondering if Forrest was back at the gym. He walked back towards the Pewter City gym and saw that it wasn't unlocked yet, walking passed it seeing a museum. Wondering what kind of Pokemon he would find there, walking into the museum. As he was inside he saw that it looked amazing, seeing multiple kinds of rocks, boulders, and stones. Remembering that he looked up that a Beedrill can evolve into another kind of Pokemon with a stone.

"Do you have evolutionary stones here?" Raphael asked.
          "Of course, we do, we have multiple evolution stones," the museum guide said. "We have Moon Stones, Water Stones, Fire Stone, and many more."
          "That's awesome! How much are they?" Raphael asked.
          "Evolution stones are worth one-hundred coins," the announcer said. "However, we do have a research recovery system where you can restore the health of fossilized Pokemon."
          "How much are these fossils or where can I find them?" Raphael asked.
          "You can find these fossils on top of the mountain range, inside the mountain range, and other regions," the announcer said. "When you want any other services, please go to the scientists or the store clerks at the pokemart."
          "Okay, thank you so much," Raphael said. "However, I would really want these fossils."

The announcer laughed out loud as Raphael walked away, walking towards the scientists. Looking at multiple fossils and seeing a sculpture of what Pokemon it can turn into, his first was Omanyte which was a Water-type and a Rock-type Pokemon. Omanyte came from the Helix Fossil and it was Spiral Pokemon. The next fossil he looked at was the Dome Fossil and it was known to have a Kabuto if you recovered it. His third fossil, however, wasn't a fossil at all but an amber nugget.

Looking up at the sculpture it was he awed in shock, seeing that wingspan of the Pokemon. He looked at the fossil named Old Amber, wanting to take it and recover it at another recovery site. The Pokemon was named Aerodactyl, the original Fossil Pokemon. Wanting the Old Amber so bad, he looked left and right slowly going towards the Old Amber. Suddenly, being stopped by a mysterious white glove, he looked back and saw that it was a mysterious man wearing a black uniform.

"Welcome to the Pewter City museum, how may I help you?" the mysterious man asked.
          "Uh, I don't know," Raphael said confusedly. "What do you mean?"
          "Come with me and I'll tell you," the mysterious man said. "I can tell you about the assignments of our organization and others you may have any questions."

Raphael wanted to know what kind of person it was, only seeing them wearing a black uniform, white boots, and white gloves. Following the mysterious man out of the museum and on the side of it, the man revealed a bag that was filled to the top.

"Here I have what you need, Raphael," the mysterious man said. "There's a Pokemon that can easily destroy this cities gym leader and a couple fossils for you, too."
          "What do you mean there's a Pokemon that can defeat the Pewter City gym leader?" Raphael asked. "Also, what do you mean by fossils, too?"
          "I mean that there's a strong Pokemon in the bag for you, it can take out the Pokemon the gym leader has with ease," the mysterious man said. "There's also a fossil or two for you, Pokemon fossils that you can recover from the museum."

Raphael was still confused and wondering what or who the mysterious man was, opening the big brown bag of items and finding that he was true. There were two Pokemon fossils and one pokeball that was colored blue having black net looking shapes on it. Grabbing the special looking pokeball and taking it out of the bag he looked at the mysterious man in a confused look, wondering what kind of ball it was.

"That special kind of pokeball is known as the Net Ball, a pokeball that's more successful catching Water-type and Bug-type Pokemon," the mysterious man said. "If you want to know what kind of Pokemon it is, it's a Gyarados, one of the strongest Water-type Pokemon known throughout the world."
          "Wow, that's awesome! Thank you, sir!" Raphael exclaimed. "However, I do want to keep my other Pokemon."
          "That's okay, you can keep your current Pokemon because it only looks like you have room for one more Pokemon," the mysterious man said. "However, when you recover both the Aerodactyl and Kabuto, you would have to transfer one in the pokecenter."
          "Okay, well, which Pokemon should I transfer to make room?" Raphael asked.
          "I would say Weedle, the Pokemon you just caught," the mysterious man said. "However, it's all up to you. I'm just here to congratulate you on joining Team Rocket. So, you're welcome."
          "Wait, what?" Raphael asked confusedly.

Before Raphael was able to talk and catch up with the mysterious man he was gone, soon looking down at the Net Ball, the pokeball that held a strong Gyarados. Grabbing the two Pokemon fossils and walking back to the Pewter City museum, he walked towards the scientists that held the recovery station.

"Hi, is this computer hooked to the pokecenter nearby?" Raphael asked.
          "Yes, it is, sir," one scientist said. "Would you like to transfer a Pokemon before you recover those two fossils you found?"
          "Yes, that's right," Raphael said.

Raphael was obviously lying to the scientist because he didn't find them, but he got them from someone that looked like he was a part of Team Rocket. Thinking that the two fossils were stolen by someone or some other museum, he handed over the two fossils to the scientist. As the scientist went off to the station Raphael went onto the computer nearby and transferred his newly caught Weedle. When he logged off the computer and saw that the scientists were studying and continuing to recover the two fossils he had, he looked down and saw his new Pokemon team. Now, his strongest was the possibly stolen Gyarados and possibly the two Pokemon that would be recovered.

It took a couple more minutes to successfully recover and study the two Pokemon fossils, handing them back over to Raphael and leaving quickly. With the thought of the Gyarados and two fossils being stolen he quickly ran out of the Pewter City museum, running as fast as he could to the Pewter City gym. Before he walked into the gym, he settled down taking a deep breath and shaking off his anxiety. He opened the door of the Pokemon gym and inside he saw that it was very distinct; trees all over the place, rocks all over the place, and ponds here and there. He continued walking further in the gym and suddenly, he saw the supposed gym leader named Forrest.

"Welcome to the Pewter City gym! I'm Forrest, the gym leader! Who are you?" Forrest exclaimed.
          "I'm Raphael of Pallet Town! I'm here to challenge the gym leader!" Raphael exclaimed.
          "So, of course, a Pokemon trainer from Pallet Town as always! The rules will be a two on two battle! The challenger will go first!"

Raphael looked down at the Net Ball that was the first slot on his belt, thinking how strong the Gyarados really was. Grabbing the Net Ball and throwing it in front of him, he called out his first Pokemon.

"Go, Gyarados!" Raphael commanded.

When Raphael commanded Gyarados to come out a section of the gym floor separated, revealing a section of a pool when his mother Lola was in charge of the gym, having it be a Water-type Pokemon gym. Gyarados was a giant of a Pokemon making Raphael use his pokedex to read the details

of his new Pokemon. It was known as the Atrocious Pokemon calculating at the height of twenty-one feet, four inches smaller than its average height. Both Raphael and Forrest looked at the giant Pokemon, wondering if he can even tame the beast. Before he commanded it to attack, Raphael looked at the possible moves it had, seeing that there was a Water-type attack.

"Okay, Gyarados! Let's use Surf!" Raphael commanded.
          "Let's go, Steelix! Let's use Rage!" Forrest commanded.

When Forrest threw out Steelix, it outmatched Raphael's Gyarados in height having a calculation of thirty-five feet. With the two giant Pokemon, the gym announcer had to de-attach the roof of the gym in order for them to even fit. Steelix roared its loudest and started to slither towards Gyarados in a rage. Gyarados roared its loudest too, creating a stir in the pool, suddenly making it rise like a wave. The wave quickly roared towards the raging Steelix, making it the first move to crash within' the gym.

Both Raphael and Forrest started out with Pokemon that were beasts that could easily take out anything, but the only difference between them is that Steelix was successfully tamed. With the crash of the enormous wave, Steelix was slowly pushed back towards Forrest. It was a successful attack Gyarados done, but Forrest knew deep inside that many trainers that even caught a Magikarp wasn't able to tame a Gyarados successfully. He was normally a Rock-type, Steel-type, Rock-type, and Ground-type Pokemon trainer but he did know that other trainers would take years to successfully tame Gyarados.

"Okay Steelix, let's use Slam!" Forrest commanded.
          "Let's use Surf again, Gyarados!" Raphael commanded.

This time with the great speed Gyarados had against Steelix, it didn't listen to Raphael, letting Steelix have a successful attack. Steelix' great steel tail smashed hard against Gyarados' great body, Raphael wondering why it didn't listen to him.

"Okay, let's go Steelix! Let's use Slam again!" Forrest commanded.
          "Come on, Gyarados! Let's use Hydro Pump!" Raphael commanded.

A second time Gyarados didn't listen to Raphael, making Steelix hit it for a second time. Wondering if Gyarados would ever listen to him, he started to get irritated.

"Gyarados, listen to me now!" Raphael yelled. "Let's use Hydro Pump!"
          "Steelix, let's use Iron Tail!" Forrest commanded.

Gyarados sensed the irritation within' Raphael, finally listening to him. As Gyarados inhaled a large amount of breath, it sent out a massive amount of water like a fire hose. The massive amount of water sprayed fast towards Steelix, making it quicker than Steelix' third attack. When Steelix got pushed back this time, Raphael saw that it was weak, putting his hand into a fist.

"Yes! That's it Gyarados! Let's use Surf, now!" Raphael yelled.
          "No, Steelix! Let's use Harden!" Forrest commanded.

Raphael yelled at Gyarados with anger and excitement this time making the giant beast of a Pokemon listen to him successfully. A giant wave was formed beneath it, starting to roar. The wave started to go towards the giant steel like building known as Steelix, suddenly weakening it to the point where Forrest was concerned. If Gyarados wasn't going to listen to Raphael in a calm commanding

manner, he might just try to continue to command it aggressively. As Steelix barely moved back against the Surf attack, Raphael wondered if one more attack would do it.

"Let's go, Gyarados! Let's use Hyper Beam!" Raphael yelled.
          "Steelix! Let's use Harden, now!" Forrest commanded. "Let's try to resist its power!"

Gyarados raised its body up in the air and stretched its neck back, filling its mouth with all its power. Steelix embraced Gyarados' powerful attack as it used its Harden move, but with Raphael's new outlook on Gyarados, he knew that Steelix' Harden wasn't going to do anything. After Steelix done its move, Gyarados released all power, Raphael watching in awe at the giant beam it released. The beam of power splashed directly at Steelix, making Forrest brace himself even if the Hyper Beam was strong enough to take down the gym. However, when Gyarados was finished with its attack, Forrest knew that it wasn't done.

"A good battle it's starting to be!" Forrest exclaimed. "So, let's go Golem!"

Golem came out of its pokeball and as it slammed its body towards the ground floor, Gyarados was tired and weak, unable to move at all.

"Okay Golem, let's use Roll Out!" Forrest commanded.

Raphael wondered if Gyarados was tired out from the Hyper Beam it used before, feeling bad that he made it use the powerful attack. Golem tucked its head, arms, and legs into its boulder-like body and spun towards Gyarados. Crashing its body onto Gyarados', Raphael wondered if Golem was going to get hurt as well, but when it rolled back towards Forrest, it wasn't hurt at all. There wasn't a scratch on Golem at all at it looked like it was strong enough to resist any kind of attack. However, Raphael saw that with Gyarados becoming weaker, it was going to be a harsh landing if it fell.

"Let's get going, Gyarados! Let's use Hydro Pump!" Raphael commanded.

This time Golem didn't listen to Forrest, but however, it tucked its body into its hard boulder like shell a second time. It was Golem's Roll Out attack against Gyarados' Hydro Pump, making either last attacks determine the match. With its sudden speed, Gyarados shot out its attack first, making Golem shoot directly back at Forrest, being slammed against the gym wall. The gym announcer ran towards the gym wall to check on Golem, seeing if it fainted or not. When the announcer declared that Gyarados was the winner, Raphael looked up at the sky with happiness.

"That was an amazing battle, Raphael!" Forrest exclaimed. "With that, I announce you the winner of the Pewter City gym's, Boulder Badge!"
          "That's awesome! Thank you!" Raphael exclaimed in excitement.
          "However, a Pokemon that doesn't listen to you is a Pokemon that isn't really yours," Forrest said. "Gyarados did listen to you when you were aggressive with it, though. Gyarados is a tough Pokemon to tame however, making fisherman and sailors find it hard and tough to tame such a large Pokemon successfully."
          "I know, I didn't know that a Gyarados like this would be so tough to train and tame," Raphael said. "I wish you a farewell and long journey, hopefully training your Gyarados successfully."

Raphael knew that Gyarados wasn't his, wondering why or wondering if it would be like this all the time in battles. When he waved a goodbye to Forrest walking out of the Pewter City gym, re-entering the streets of Pewter City. He started to walk around the gym and continued towards the pokemart, walking inside to find the evolution stones he was heard of. As he walked up and down the numerous aisles, he gathered a lot of supplies to buy. Not having any evolution stones in his cart yet as he didn't have any Pokemon that could evolve with a stone.

After he bought some items for his Pokemon and for himself, he walked out of the pokemart and saw that there was a special type of fossil nearby. Walking towards the house that displayed the artwork of the stone the museum displayed in real life, he wondered if he missed it. Now running his fastest back to the Pewter City museum and walking inside, he saw that the stone he missed was in the dead center of the museum. Walking slowly towards the Enigma Stone, he saw that it was glorious and beautiful looking, wondering where they found it. A security guard was blocking people from getting too far from the Enigma Stone, wondering if he could even touch it.

"This Enigma Stone is known as a Soul Dew," a mysterious voice said. "With it being able to finally settle here in the Pewter City museum, Latias and Latios can finally be at peace."
          "Latias and Latios?" Raphael asked. "Who are those Pokemon?"

Raphael turned around and saw that there was a man wearing a black and silver suit, wondering if he was the mysterious man he encountered earlier.

"Hi, my name is Steven Stone, I am the rightful protector of the Enigma Stone," the mysterious man said. "If you want, you can take the stone and let the police find you or leave it be."
          "What happens if I take it?" Raphael asked. "Will I find Latias and Latios?"
          "Yes and no," Steven said. "Yes, you'll be able to find Latias and Latios, and no you won't be able to steal them like you've done with that Gyarados and those two fossils."
          "Well, we'll see," Raphael said. "I just wanted to look at the stone to see if it was real, not to steal it or anything."
          "Okay, good," Steven said. "Now leave this museum and never come back. However, we'll be waiting for you when you arrive on Hoenn. So, we'll see you later."

Raphael wasn't hesitant in the unknown man's words, wondering what he was actually talking about. He walked out of the museum and started to walk out of Pewter City, but suddenly he was stopped as he saw something in the sky. He saw two giant airplane like Pokemon in the sky right above him colored red and blue, finally thinking if they were Latias and Latios. With the thought of him seeing two legendary Pokemon he smiled, not having a second thought of stealing the Enigma Stone. He continued his way out of Pewter City, still wondering if the Gyarados would finally listen to him, hoping and praying that the strong Gyarados would.

To Be Continued...

Old 1 Week Ago (10:51 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by xFireEagle13.
          Pokemon Master

Chapter 5: Mt. Moon

Raphael was walking on the short grassy path looking at all the wild Spearow flying in the air, the Pidgey chirping in the trees, and surprisingly wild Mankey's swinging on branches. When he was surprised by the wild Mankey, he thought of how bashful a Mankey would become. Going closer to one of the wild Mankey's, he observed the pig nose wondering how amazing it looked. He put down his backpack and took out his pokedex, reading that it was known as the Pig Monkey Pokemon, also it was a Fighting-type. Noticing that it had an Adamant nature as it forced itself through the branches of the tree, he wanted to know if he could catch it.

Looking down to see that he had six Pokemon already on his belt, he focused his attention on Gyarados. When he examined the Gyarados through the pokedex, he noticed that it had a diversity of attacks; a Fire-type move, an Electric-type move, a Water-type move, and the dangerous Hyper Beam. With the diversity of attack's it had, Raphael wondered if any Pokemon the mysterious man he met back in Pewter City would give him more Pokemon like that. Along with the thought of a Mankey learning such amazing attacks like Gyarados, he wanted to catch it. Before he took out his weakest Pokemon to be able to catch a wild Mankey, he went on his gear, located the phone, and called Professor Oak.

"Hi, is this Professor Oak?" Raphael asked.
            "Yes, it is, who is this?" Professor Oak asked.
            "Hi, this is Raphael, the trainer who lost the battle in your laboratory," Raphael said. "Can a Pokemon learn multiple moves?"
            "Oh yes, it can learn multiple moves!" Professor Oak exclaimed. "However, when a Pokemon learns a move from naturality or a trainer teaching them it never forgets a move. So, let's see your Gyarados here... It knows Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, and a lot more. So, with that said, a Pokemon never forgets a move when it's been taught a move."
            "Okay, that's awesome, Professor Oak," Raphael said. "I was traded this powerful Gyarados before I was challenging Forrest back in Pewter City."
            "Oh wow, so you traded a Pokemon for the Gyarados? I would think that you caught a Magikarp and trained it to become a Gyarados," Professor Oak said. "That's a good thinking to do so, but it is known that trade or personally trained, it is a difficult Pokemon to tame."
            "Yes, I know, professor, I've been hearing that a lot and I've been thinking of releasing Gyarados, especially to make room," Raphael said.
            "That's not a good idea as for how strong it is and when you catch more Pokemon it'll be transferred right away to my laboratory," Professor Oak said. "However, it looks like I can only view a little of the Gyarados you've been traded. So, how did you really get the Gyarados, Raphael?"

Raphael was scared to tell Professor Oak to tell him the truth on the Gyarados, trying to make a diversion on his question but suddenly he had another call. When he made the call to Professor Oak into a three-way call, he noticed that there was another professor on the other screen.

"Well, hello there Samuel, it is a surprise to see you talking to one of the Team Rockets recruits," the mysterious professor said.
            "A recruit of Team Rocket? Is that true, Raphael?" Professor Oak asked. "No wonder how you got a Gyarados with such a high level and strong moves."
            "Yes, indeed he did get a Gyarados with such high prestige," the mysterious professor said. "He got it from me, Blaine. With such a strong Gyarados we had here in my laboratory, I just thought that I give it to him as a welcoming gift for joining."
            "Well, now I see who you've become, Raphael," Professor Oak said. "Now, with that said, I should be leaving now."

Professor Oak hung up and it was Raphael and the mysterious professor named Blaine talking, wondering who the professor really was. Raphael saw that the professor Blaine was old, soon seeing that another old man coming up behind him.

"Well hello there, Raphael! I'm Professor Namba and here is the legendary Professor Blaine!" The second professor introduced. "I'm coming from the Hoenn region where our headquarters are located. Soon, when you arrive on Hoenn you'll be able to meet me in person."
            "Oh wow, I've been wondering where the headquarters were, I wanted to see the leader in person, too," Raphael said.
            "Yes, the leader Giovanni is hard at work," Professor Namba said. "However, I've heard that you finally have the powerful Gyarados in your party? If so, I would want to tell you that if any kind of Pokemon you want to transfer over we'll take care of it and raise it to a powerful and strong competitor."
            "Well, thank you, professor, that's awesome," Raphael said. "With a strong Gyarados it's hard to tame it, so is there any other way to tame it?"
            "Yes, there is a good way to tame it and that's with aggression," Professor Namba said. "If you have an aggressive command it'll listen to you with ease, making sure you can tame it easily. We tame and raise Pokemon with aggression and force, making their trainer care for it when we finally get done with our job in raising it."
            "Okay, so that's why?" Raphael asked. "So, when I get to a pokecenter I can transfer over all of my Pokemon to you and you'll train it?"
            "Of course, we will, Raphael," Professor Namba said. "However, it'll take a long time to tame it and train it for you as we have many rookies and elites wanting their Pokemon strong."
            "Okay, that's fine," Raphael said. "So, with this being said I'm glad that I'll get my Pokemon strong and powerful like the Gyarados you sent me."
            "Okay well, we got work to do, so we'll talk to you later," Professor Namba said.
            "Okay thank you, professor," Raphael said. "We'll talk to you later."

Raphael got a lot of questions answered finally, finally sending out Pidgey to battle the long waiting Mankey. When the Pidgey came out, it flew up in the air showing its speed and landing on top of Raphael's shoulder. The wild Mankey stepped down from the tree it was swinging on soon glaring at the Pidgey forcefully.

"Let's go Pidgey, let's use Gust!" Raphael commanded.

Pidgey went up in the sky and flapped its wings as fast as it can, making a gust of wind to blow the wild Mankey in the air. As the wild Mankey crashed hard onto the ground floor, it started to get irritated, it started to attack. It started to attack Pidgey with Fury Swipes, but it wasn't going to stop for anything as it was still irritated.

"Fly up in the air to get it off you, Pidgey! Use Wing Attack when it lands!" Raphael commanded.

Pidgey flew up in the air and tried to get the wild Mankey off its tail, trying its best with its talons. When Mankey let go it landed on its feet and suddenly, Pidgey flew as fast as it could, blindsiding Mankey. Mankey landed on its feet a second time in a row, but it was getting more irritated yet weak. Raphael took this opportunity to throw a pokeball at the weak Mankey, watching the pokeball open to transport the Pokemon inside. It moved multiple times having the center button glow red over and over again, soon stopping.

"Okay, yes! We've caught a Mankey!" Raphael exclaimed. "However, I'm sad that I can only have six Pokemon with me."

After Raphael watched the pokeball disappear as it wasn't able to be on his pokebelt, he continued his way through Route 3. Walking through the short grass and through the trees, he wondered how his newly caught Mankey was feeling. As he kept thinking of the Mankey, he wondered if he was close to a pokecenter as he thought it was cool to have a Pokemon like Mankey on his team. As the trail turned north he saw a cave nearby, thinking if it would get mighty dark through the cave. However, when he got closer to the cave he saw a pokecenter, quickly walking into it.

When he walked inside he saw a man selling Magikarp and multiple Pokemon trainers healing their Pokemon. He walked over to the computer and called Professor Namba, making sure if his Mankey was okay.

"Well, we meet again, Raphael," Professor Namba said. "What brings you to call us in such an urgency."
            "I just wanted to see if my newly caught Mankey was okay," Raphael said. "So, how is he?"
            "Your Mankey is doing fine," Professor Namba said. "However, this Mankey is adamant, having a temper that not many Mankey or Primeape have. It's wondering."
            "How is that so? Will he be okay?" Raphael asked.
            "He'll be okay, Raphael, it'll just take a little more time to train him to your liking," Professor Namba said. "However, it has such wonderful energy, it tends to ignore sleeping or taking a rest."
            "Okay, that's cool in some ways, but terrible in others," Raphael said. "Anyways though, I would want to transfer all of my Pokemon to you, only having Gyarados in my party."
            "Why do you want to do that?" Professor Namba asked. "It's strategically impossible to keep only one Pokemon in your party, especially if the Gyarados isn't familiar with you yet."
            "Okay, so what Pokemon do you prefer keeping, professor?" Raphael asked.
            "I would want to transfer over a Pokemon for you as coming up is the Cerulean City gym," Professor Namba said. "Cerulean City is known to have a Water-type specialist, which is Misty. So, instead of having Gyarados' Thunderbolt to take care of her, I would want you to be smart and use other Pokemon."
            "Okay, so what kind of Pokemon are you transferring over since I have to face against a Water-type gym leader?" Raphael asked.
            "Well, it's hard to say as I want to keep it a secret, but it is one of the best starters between Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle." Professor Namba said. "I think they do consider Pikachu as a starter Pokemon still."
            "Okay, well, I hope it's a Venasaur because it's the only starter that I know of that's strong against Water-type," Raphael said.

Professor Namba cleared his throat and put a pokeball on the table, making Raphael wonder what it was. He was thinking in his head of what kind of Pokemon was in the pokeball, but suddenly the professor took it away.

"I think you're not ready for this Pokemon yet, so I think when you arrive in Cerulean City I'll think about it more," Professor Namba said. "However, we still have more things to do on this side, so we'll talk to you later. Make sure to decide if you want to keep the Gyarados in your team, we'll be waiting for the amount of Pokemon you transfer over. Goodbye."

When Professor Namba logged out, Raphael looked down at his pokebelt and detached five out of six pokeballs. He wanted to see how long he can go without switching any Pokemon, only keeping the strong Gyarados in his party. However, he kept thinking if it was a good idea to only keep one Pokemon. When he logged out of the computer after transferring nearly all of his Pokemon, he walked out of the pokecenter with hesitation. After thinking of what he did, he finally entered the dark cave known as, "Mount Moon."
            Raphael started to walk into the cave seeing that Mount Moon wasn't that bad at all, being able to see and walk around without being able to trip or stumble. Carrying only a few supplies because there wasn't a pokemart around, he walked around to see if there were anything on the floor. Looking around numerous times, he found many Moon Stone's. Wondering what kind of other kinds of stones the mountain had, he kept digging in the same areas. However, as he only saw the same kind of stones, he continued his way further into Mount Moon.

When he walked further into the mountain, he heard a lot of digging noises, soon running towards the sound. As he the sound kept getting close, he stopped to see that it was scientists studying the Moon Stone. Not wanting to disturb the scientists working, he looked around him to see if there was any other way through. Since there was only one way through the mountain path and it was going through the working scientists, he tried to mind his own business. Looking at every scientist that was studying the stones, he heard a louder noise nearby.

As he kept hearing the noise getting louder and louder, he saw that there were a Rhydon and a Rhyhorn drilling and pounding the rocky terrain from the mountain. Wondering what they were doing, he walked closer to them but suddenly a man that looked like a Team Rocket member was walking back to them.

"Hey, what are you doing here?!" the Team Rocket member yelled.
            "I'm only passing through here, trying to get to Cerulean City," Raphael said. "What are you doing here?"
            "I'm a part of Team Rocket, trying to get as much Moon Stone as possible," the Rocket member said. "I'm working solo, so if you're a part of Team Rocket join me and we'll split the profit in half, or scram!"

Raphael laughed a little trying the figure out why Team Rocket needed more Moon Stone, walking up the member to tell him that it wasn't needed. However, the member sounded like he needed help, soon grabbing one of the shovels on the ground. Before he revealed the four Moon Stone's he found before he walked this far into the mountain to the Team Rocket member, he dug and dug. Soon, he dug so much and so far into the mountain that it sounded like it was going to crash down on them.

"Hurry! Grab all the Moon Stone you can and run!" Raphael yelled.
            "No! We need to keep going!" the Rocket member yelled. "We need to get as much as we can!"
            "It's not worth it! I already got four back near the entrance and now we have a little more! So, let's go and get out of here!" Raphael yelled.

Raphael saw that the Team Rocket member was ignoring him as the mountain was about to cave-in on them. Jumping in front of him and knocking the shovel out of his hands, he forcefully grabbed the members shoulders and pushed him. When the mountain pass was starting to collapse and cave-in, both of them ran as fast as they could. They ran and ran, running into more scientists that were studying the mountain pass. Ignoring the fact that they should be stealing the Moon Stone's that were in the scientist's possession, Raphael kept running making sure both of them were safe.

"Hold on, hold on a moment," the Rocket member said. "I think we're safe now, besides my Pokemon look weak and tired."
            "Oh really? That's not surprising since they're one of the reasons why the mountain pass crumbled behind us," Raphael said jokingly. "I'm kidding though, I have a couple potions in my backpack."

Raphael and the Rocket member walked a little further before stopping to restore Rhyhorn and Rhydon, seeing that they were in the middle of the center of the mountain. Raphael looked around the center of the mountain, seeing that there were a lot of stones surrounding one gigantic stone.

"Okay, hold on here," the Rocket member said as he was still catching his breath. "We need to take these."
            "What do you mean?" Raphael asked. "We don't really need to steal or take every Moon Stone we find, especially this giant one in the middle of the ground floor."
            "I'm a part of Team Rocket, our entire business is about stealing things," the Rocket member said. "I'm Aaron of Team Rocket and I need this money to survive."
            "Okay, Aaron, to survive what?" Raphael asked.
            "I need money to survive since my house I'm about to get booted," Aaron said. "I'm from the Hoenn region and sadly I'm here to find a place to live."
            "Wow, I didn't know that," Raphael said. "So, if you're here in Kanto to find a new place to live, why not come on this adventure with me? It might change your output on Team Rocket."
            "Yeah, I think it is time to change my ways since I'm about to get booted out of my own house," Aaron said. "These Pokemon, Rhyhorn and Rhydon, aren't mine but Team Rocket's. These Pokemon are the Pokemon that use Dig, Horn Drill, and others that deal with construction."
            "Well, why not use them to build a house of your own? Have your own property?" Raphael asked. "So, come with me on this journey and we'll see where it takes you."

Raphael saw Aaron shrug his shoulders without a doubt, letting them continue their way through Mount Moon. When they walked through the mountainous terrain, they saw wild Zubat flying around, wild Geodude making jokes on other trainers walking the pass, and many Jigglypuff and Clefairy singing together. Aaron wanted to steal the many Moon Stone's that were embedded into the mountain pass, but Raphael didn't let him, making them continue through the mountain. As they were continued, Raphael looked at Aaron and saw that he looked different than any regular Team Rocket member; wearing blue jeans, a white shirt, and a black jacket. Finally coming out of the mountain they saw that the sun departed, walking through the night.

As it was night time there were many Zubat coming out of the mountains and into the night sky, making Raphael see how much would come out. A swarm of wild Zubat came out of the mountain making it look like it was pitch-black out as they were blocking the moon. Reading a wooden sign that read, "Route 4," making Aaron feel exhausted.

"Wow, isn't this wonderful," Aaron said. "We're only on Route 4?!"
            "Yeah, what it seems like," Raphael said. "What I heard is that Cerulean City is up ahead, so maybe the city has a bench or something to let us take a break."
            "Well, anyways, I hope it has a big bench that I can relax my entire body," Aaron said. "They need a bigger bench to let you relax, too."

Raphael laughed at the thought of an enormous bench in the center of Cerulean City, making him suddenly run along Route 4. However, since Aaron had to catch up with him, he didn't run far. While Aaron was catching up, Raphael saw bushes that were filled with berries; Persim berries and Razz berries.

"Oh cool! There are Persim and Razz berries here!" Aaron shouted. "If you have a Pokemon that loves spicy foods, you should pick them. Also, the Razz berries are for Pokemon that love dry foods as well."
            "Wow, how did you know what berries are for which Pokemon?" Raphael asked.
            "I know a lot of these things because I've been all around the region of Hoenn," Aaron said. "I also make poffins and pokeblock's, so when we enter Cerulean City I can show you."
            "Okay, that's cool," Raphael said. "I wonder what kind of berries my Gyarados likes. Maybe if it eats some it'll like me a little better."
            "Really? Does it like dry berries or what?" Aaron asked. "You can just look in your pokedex and it'll show you its personality, nature, and all of that fun stuff."

Raphael looked on his pokedex and saw that Gyarados liked spicy foods and disliked dry foods, making him wonder who would love to eat the berries he picked.

"My Gyarados loves spicy foods but dislikes dry foods," Raphael said. "So, there it goes. I don't have a Pokemon that loves the berries I picked."
            "Okay, so when we enter Cerulean City we have to find which ones that love these dry foods," Aaron said. "However, I doubt that this Rhyhorn or Rhydon would love dry foods either. So, let's get a move on."

Raphael and Aaron continued down their way towards Cerulean City, passing a mysterious cave that looked mythical. However, as Raphael wanted to stop by to adventure inside, Aaron had a different plan. Taking the lead, they finally entered Cerulean City, the beautiful blue city. Raphael looked back at the mysterious cave and saw a blackened figure on top of it, wondering who or what it was. As Aaron kept walking, however, he had to follow along with him. It took them a long time since they saw the mysterious cave and still, Raphael wondered what it was... Hopefully thinking it was another legendary Pokemon.

Old 1 Week Ago (2:06 PM).
            Pokemon Master

Chapter 6: Cerulean City

Raphael and Aaron was sitting down in the pokecenter talking about the different kind of berries you could feed Pokemon. They were dividing up what leftover berries Aaron had in his backpack, seeing that there were only a small pouch. Despite only having Gyarados in his team they went back and forth from the computer to the bags of berries. When the last time Raphael walked to the computer to transfer take back a full team of Pokemon, he was surprised that he got the pokeball he saw on Professor Namba’s hand. As he transferred the pokeball from Professor Namba’s laboratory, he was shocked on what it was.

“I don’t know if this Pokemon is accurate to my need,” Raphael said.
              “What do you mean, Raphael?” Aaron asked.
              “I mean, the Pokemon Professor Namba wanted to send me is a… Charizard?” Raphael questioned.
              “A Charizard? That’s awesome!” Aaron exclaimed. “I know the training back at the headquarters is awesome and welcoming, but I didn’t know they would give you a Pokemon back. Besides, a Charizard is always a top ten in my book.”
              “Yes, but I need a Pokemon that can defeat a Water-type gym leader,” Raphael said.
              “Well, do you know what kind of moves it has? As of what I know the team invests in powerful Pokemon, like the Gyarados you have.”
              “Yeah, that’s true,” Raphael said.

When Raphael looked on the pokedex to see what moves it knows and surprisingly, it knew the Grass-type attack Solar Beam. He wondered how Team Rocket’s mind really worked on raising a Pokemon; a Gyarados knowing a move that’s known to its weakness or even having an Arcanine knowing a Ground-type or Water-type move.

“It’s all good though, right? It could be worse like a Magikarp you would need to train by yourself,” Aaron said.
              “Yeah, that’s for sure,” Raphael said. “So, what kind of berries this Charizard would love?”
              “Well, it looks like it would love dry berries,” Aaron said. “Like the berries we picked back before we arrived in Cerulean City.”
              “Oh, that’s cool,” Raphael said. “So, how much would you say I give Charizard and Gyarados?”
              “I’m thinking about ten berries of Razz to Charizard and the rest of these spicy ones to Gyarados,” Aaron said. “I think the two Pokemon would like you more if you feed them, especially since they’re strong enough to ignore every command you tell them.”

Raphael and Aaron fed both of their Pokemon the perspective berries and walked out of the pokecenter. They were near the Cerulean City gym which made Raphael want to go inside to check it out, but it was probably closed since it was night out. Going back into the pokecenter to check in for a room so they can sleep for the night, Raphael saw that there were many beautiful women gathered. Trying to keep himself sane and not get bothered by the beautiful women, he tried to get the room keys quickly.

“Can I please get the room keys now?” Raphael asked.
              “I’m sorry sir, but with the swimsuit competition is going on the rooms and service are behind,” the nurse said. “So, with that being said you might not be able to get your rooms until later on tonight.”
              “Okay, that’s fine,” Raphael said. “We’ll be back later tonight then.”

Raphael and Aaron walked out of the pokecenter again but this time they walked around the city to find any other way to sleep. When they kept walking around, they saw that there was a woman with a Poliwhirl. Aaron wanted to know what the woman was doing to the Poliwhirl, walking up to her house and suddenly seeing that she was trying to evolve it.

“So, you’re trying to evolve your Poliwhirl? That’s interesting,” Aaron said. “What I’m seeing here though, you’re trying to decide to evolve it into a Poliwrath or Politoed. What trouble are you trying to solve?”
              “Well, I’m trying to figure out what kind of Pokemon is cuter, Poliwrath or Politoed,” the woman said.
              “If I were a woman, I’d choose Politoed,” Aaron said. “However, if you want strength I’d choose Poliwrath. It is also known to teach young swimmers how to swim. Politoed are cute, but they do have a sense of cries and singing that are horrifying.”

While Aaron was helping out the woman figure out what kind of evolution she wanted, Raphael took out his only Water Stone from his backpack and gave it to her. Thinking of what Aaron was saying about Poliwrath being an amazing swimmer and the possibility of teaching others to swim, he looked around her house. He saw that there were a lot of people in swimsuits standing beside her, wondering if Poliwrath would be the best evolution.

“Hey ma’am, are you a swim instructor?” Raphael asked.
              “Yes, I’m a swim instructor for the Cerulean City aquarium,” the woman said. “Why do you ask?”
              “I ask because I think it would be wise to evolve your Poliwhirl into a Poliwrath with the Water Stone I gave you,” Raphael said. “It can easily help you teach a variety of swimmers.”
              “Yeah, that’s true,” the woman said. “Okay, so Poliwhirl? Let’s evolve you into a Poliwrath!”

The woman evolved Poliwhirl into a Poliwrath after setting up her living room into a bedroom, making either one of them sleep on the floor and one of them sleep on the couch. Raphael was laying on the floor restless because he thought of the mysterious Pokemon he saw on top of the cave entrance. Looking through his pokedex he looked at all of the Pokemon he already encountered, only hearing of the many legendary Pokemon out there. When he was about to fall asleep, he slowly thought of how amazing it would be to swim with the women he saw back in the pokecenter. Before he got comfortable enough to fall asleep, he saw many stars going through his eyes, a quiet and soft tone, making him suddenly crash asleep.

When the next day arrived, Raphael woke up having the feeling to challenge the Cerulean City gym leader. He looked around the house they were staying at and didn’t see any of the woman or Aaron, wondering if they left without him. However, he did take the time to go out on an adventure on his own, which was to go into the mysterious cave right outside Cerulean City. Before he walked out of the home, he gathered the extra supplies that was on the floor where they were sleeping. When he did leave the house he turned to see if the woman or Aaron were around and when he saw a big crowd near the gym, he ran as fast as he could.

Raphael went back to Route 4, quickly turning towards the entrance of the cave and walking inside. Instantly walking inside the mysterious cave he saw multiple types of Pokemon, one of them being wild Primeape. Wanting to catch every new Pokemon he spotted, he looked into his backpack and only saw that he had a few pokeballs left, remembering if he even restocked back at the pokemart. When he saw that there were only a few Electric-type Pokemon, a wild Magneton and a wild Electrode, he saw that there were more Magneton. Deciding to use one of his two pokeball’s on a wild Magneton, he didn’t see any other Pokemon to use his last one on.

“Wow, this cave is amazing,” Raphael said to himself. “Aaron’s sure missing out on all of these Pokemon to catch.”

He walked a little further into the mysterious cave and saw a wild Magneton by itself, hoping that any one of his Pokemon make it faint. When he thought of which Pokemon would be a better fit for a wild Magneton, he grabbed the blackish-gold pokeball known as the Luxury Ball and threw it.

“Go, Charizard! Let’s use Earthquake!” Raphael exclaimed.

Charizard roared its loudest and pounded its large tail on the ground, creating an earthquake that was quickly going towards the wild Magneton. A large spike came out of the ground after it split into two, soon seeing Raphael see that the wild Magneton was still standing. However, since it looked like it was nearly fainted, Raphael took out his second to last pokeball and threw it at the wild Pokemon. When the wild Magneton was captured, Raphael returned Charizard and suddenly heard a mysterious voice.

“Who’s there? Aaron is that you?” Raphael asked.
              “No, I am not Aaron,” the mysterious voice said. “Leave this place at once, these Pokemon are freely here for their own safety from trainers like you.”
              “What do you mean? I’m only here to walk around, see what’s in this cave,” Raphael said. “So, who are you?”
              “You will find out soon enough,” the mysterious voice said. “Leave now or else I’ll challenge you to a battle that’ll be your last.”
              “No! I’m here to catch Pokemon!” Raphael yelled. “I’ll find you and defeat you!”
              “If you’re destined to be defeated, so be it,” the mysterious voice said.

Raphael sought that what the mysterious voice said like a challenge, but he was wondering who that was. When he going further into the mysterious cave still being excited that he caught his first legitimate strong and wild Pokemon, he saw multiple items of the floor; Rare Candy and Ultra Ball’s. Finally replenishing his stock of balls so he could catch more wild Pokemon he thought were awesome, he saw a wild Pokemon in a mysterious purple aura. When he walked further towards the mysterious Pokemon, he saw that it held a spoon. Wondering what kind of Pokemon it was, he looked it up on his pokedex and saw that it was the evolved form of Abra, the Pokemon he wanted.

“Okay, now let’s try to catch it,” Raphael said to himself.
              “Good luck, trainer,” the mysterious voice said. “I’m still going to defeat you.”

Raphael grabbed an Ultra Ball out of his backpack, quickly seeing that the silver spoon was slowly bending. When he was about to throw the first Ultra Ball he picked up throughout the cave, the wild Kadabra opened its eyes, revealing a mystical purple aura. It was using its Confusion move on Raphael, lifting him up in the air and suddenly putting him upside down. His two pokeball’s detached from his pokebelt and both of his Pokemon came out, making the wild Kadabra teleport. As his Gyarados and Charizard scared off the wild Kadabra, a giant wave from the water nearby gave out a giant splash.

Gyarados made the giant splash and suddenly a Golduck and a Slowbro came out of the water. However, with such strong Pokemon he had they both went back deep underwater, making Raphael bummed. Before his Gyarados made a tantrum on the two Pokemon it found in its territory, Raphael made it return to its pokeball. He continued further into the mysterious cave and suddenly saw the mysterious wild Pokemon that held the spoon.

“Hey, it’s you!” Raphael yelled. “Get back here, now!”
              “No, you cannot have Kadabra, but however you can win it,” the mysterious voice said. “Only if you win the battle.”

Raphael looked up at the shadow that was standing on top of a boulder, making him wonder if that’s where the mysterious voice was coming from. When the mysterious figure jumped off the boulder Raphael was shocked that the mysterious voice was Mewtwo.

“Mewtwo? I thought you were captured by Team Rocket?” Raphael asked.
              “I was, but I am now free from the Pokemon trainer that told me the true meaning of conflict and the true meaning of battling,” Mewtwo said. “However, it is still possible that I can return to the form I once was, destroying the Pokemon world all over again since I’m still a clone…”

Raphael felt the sadness Mewtwo had but at the same time it had another plan other than just cloning other Pokemon and dealing with conflict with anger and hatred.

“After that day I’ve fled to this cave and built the strongest Pokemon team with my Psychic power, making me be like the Pokemon trainers that I saw before,” Mewtwo said. “Now, do you wish to challenge me for the capture of Kadabra and fleeing this cave?”
              “Yeah, I wish to challenge you!” Raphael exclaimed. “So bring it your best!”
              “This battle will be your last,” Mewtwo said.

Raphael looked down at his pokebelt and remembered that he only had two Pokemon with him, rolling his eyes in disbelief.

“I only have two Pokemon, so how are we going to battle with two Pokemon?” Raphael asked.
              “We can battle with two Pokemon, only wishing that you had a full team,” Mewtwo said. “So, I will only use two of the six Pokemon I have behind me.”

Raphael first sent out Charizard which made Mewtwo shrug its rocky shoulders, sending out the same kind of Pokemon. However, when Mewtwo’s Charizard came out of its pokeball, it looked different. It was a black Charizard that instead of having two points it had three, also having two flaps like a bat. Raphael was in awe that the size of the Charizard was bigger than his own, but however he also remembered that his Charizard could barely listen to him.

“Charizard, use Flamethrower!” Raphael commanded.
              “Okay Charizard, you know what to do,” Mewtwo said.

Raphael noticed that Mewtwo never gave Charizard a command, making it go off to battle by itself. As his Charizard hurled a large burst of fire aiming directly at Mewtwo’s Charizard, Mewtwo’s Charizard roared its loudest making a strange and powerful move. As it roared, the ceiling shook like it was going to collapse, making Raphael and Charizard cover themselves. The roar kept going and suddenly Mewtwo’s Charizard created an earthquake, splitting the battle arena into two. Raphael tried to figure out the move through his Pokedex but it couldn’t read it.

“The move Charizard is doing is a move called Continental Crush,” Mewtwo said. “A more powerful Charizard unlike yours will know it in dues time. However, as it is a Rock-type move, I won’t be surprised that your Charizard didn’t make it out alive.”
              “What do you mean? Is it dead?” Raphael asked. “How could you?”
              “No, it’s not dead, but it fainted,” Mewtwo said. “It’ll take a lot more powerful and human ability to kill a Pokemon.”
              “Okay, as it can’t get up, I’ll let it return for now,” Raphael said. “So, here it goes Gyarados!”

Raphael threw out his last and final Pokemon in his team which was his mighty Gyarados, but however, he saw Mewtwo sent out a Gyarados as well. Mewtwo stood there in front of its Gyarados and waited for Raphael to make a command, like it was going to attack with it.

“Okay Gyarados, let’s use Hyper Beam!” Raphael commanded.
              “Okay Gyarados, let’s use Continental Crush!” Mewtwo commanded. “I’ll use Shattered Psyche!”

Raphael was worried what would happen to both him and his Gyarados after how three powerful attacks would blend. When Gyarados launched its Hyper Beam, Mewtwo’s Gyarados roared, creating the same earthquake and rocky collapse as the Charizard. However, with Mewtwo’s Shattered Psyche, a strange and mysterious thing happened. The rocks that were falling right on top of Raphael’s and Gyarados’ body, they disappeared and reappeared behind them. The falling rocks were coming from both angles, making Raphael worry than soon frightened.

Gyarados launched itself out of the water and into Raphael’s way, curling around him like a snake. As Raphael was protected from the rocks coming down and sideways, Gyarados roared its loudest as it was feared for its life. Soon, the wild Kadabra nearby saw what was happening, going into the battlefield and using its Confusion. As it used its powers to lure every rock that was coming down on top of Raphael and Gyarados, it lured them back at Mewtwo. With Mewtwo soon being hurt, the wild Kadabra used its Disable attack, disabling Mewtwo’s Shattered Psyche attack.

“No, how can this be?” Mewtwo asked. “My attack, the force vanished.”
              “It was do to Kadabra’s Disable move,” Raphael said. “Obviously it wants the battle to end, Mewtwo!”
              “This battle isn’t over until I say it’s over,” Mewtwo said.

Mewtwo made Gyarados stop but it kept using its own attacks, this time using Confusion. With the wild Kadabra attacking Mewtwo Raphael had a chance to run, giving his all to keep running. However, with the wild Kadabra liking Raphael, the battle quickly followed them, making them try to block every move Mewtwo was giving them. Running his fastest, Raphael looked back and saw that the wild Kadabra kept blocking Mewtwo’s attacks with its Barrier attack. The light from the entrance was coming quick making Raphael happy, but suddenly a white flash came from behind him making him stop.

As he turned his body to face the flash, he saw that Kadabra was evolving. The wild Kadabra evolved into Alakazam, the final evolved form of its species. This time, Mewtwo’s Confusion attack wasn’t hurting the wild Alakazam or him, wondering what was happening. He was confused, walking up to the wild Alakazam and then at the running Mewtwo.

“Capture me with a pokeball and command me to use Teleport,” Alakazam said.
              “How can I hear you like Mewtwo?” Raphael asked.
              “There’s no time to explain,” Alakazam said. “Capture me now and command me to use Teleport, it’s the only way I can save you.”

Raphael hesitated on why the wild Alakazam wanted from him, quickly going into his backpack to throw his only pokeball he had left. However, when the pokeball was thrown, it took some time for Alakazam to be transferred into it, then making Mewtwo stop attacking. When the wild Alakazam was caught it released itself back out into the cave and used Teleport, making them vanish in mid-air. Mewtwo stopped and wondered how the Alakazam was able to evolve without a trainer trading it, wondering if it was destined for the Alakazam to be with the trainer. When the teleportation ended, Raphael and Alakazam was back in Cerulean City, making Raphael dizzy while he spun around.

“We’re safe now, Raphael,” Alakazam said. “You can now challenge Misty, the Cerulean City gym leader.”
              “Yeah, I can, but back there, how could and how can you speak?” Raphael asked. “You’re a Pokemon, I thought only Mewtwo could speak?”
              “That’s not correct, there are multiple Pokemon that can talk like the Meowth, Mewtwo, and even the legendary Pokemon,” Alakazam said. “However, Mewtwo and I can talk between others through telepathy, not through our mouths. Many Pokemon can talk to one another through telepathy like Psychic-type Pokemon and Ghost-type Pokemon.”
              “So what you’re saying is that not just one or two Pokemon can talk through telepathy or speech, but many Pokemon can? That’s awesome!” Raphael shouted. “Now I won’t be bored and I’ll have someone else to talk to.”
              “That’s correct, Raphael,” Alakazam said. “What does your friend Aaron think about this?”
              “Aaron? I don’t know, the last time I saw him was last night when we were at the lady’s house next door,” Raphael said.
              “Okay, well, I think he’s in the Cerulean City gym aquarium,” Alakazam said. “We should go there so you can defeat her. First, however, you should heal me and your other Pokemon through the nurses and Chansey back there.”

Raphael was wondering how smart his newly caught Alakazam was, thinking of multiple questions in his head, but however, every question he thought of was already answered. When he put his two pokeball’s on the counter for the nurse to pick them up, she opened the counter flap so Alakazam could go through. When Raphael thanked the nurse, he went back to sit down, quickly spotting Barbara and Gerald.

“Well, it’s good to see you, Raphael,” Barbara shouted. “How have you been?”
              “It’s been good, how are you and Gerald?” Raphael asked.
              “I’ve been doing wonderful,” Barbara said. “My Pokemon and I need a break from the competition they have in the Cerulean City gym aquarium, so we decided to come here.”
              “Oh, wow, that’s cool,” Raphael said. “Are you in the competition?”
              “Yeah, I’m in the competition,” Barbara said. “Do you have any new Pokemon with you?”
              “I do, but they’re being healed by the nurse,” Raphael said. “I have a Gyarados, a Charizard, and an Alakazam.”
              “Wow! You have three fully evolved Pokemon already?!” Barbara shouted. “That’s so cool!”

Gerald heard that Raphael had three fully evolved Pokemon already, wondering if he got them from the Team Rocket he secretly joined, remembering that Professor Oak did say something about it. He walked over to sit with Raphael and his sister, soon looking at Raphael like he was a bad guy.

“So, how did you get three fully evolved Pokemon, Raphael?” Gerald asked. “Did you get it from Team Rocket or trained them like everyone else?”
              “Gyarados and Charizard I got from Team Rocket, but Alakazam I caught by myself,” Raphael said. “However, I got multiple of other Pokemon back at Team Rocket’s lab since Professor Oak said that he wasn’t working with me anymore.”
              “Good! Professor Oak doesn’t need anyone like you,” Gerald said. “He needs Pokemon trainers that are loyal to him and not anyone who’s loyal to scum like Team Rocket!”

Raphael didn’t want to hear it from Gerald, quickly getting up from the table and walking back to the front counter to retrieve his Pokemon. When Alakazam came out of the backroom, it walked and stood side by side with Raphael.

“I hear that there’s a Pokemon trainer named Gerald picking on you?” Alakazam asked. “Don’t listen to him as I already saw your full potential. Yes, a member of Team Rocket you are now, but later your adventure will turn you into someone else. Something better than him, as he’s just going to be a Pokemon scientist.”
              “How do you know that?” Raphael asked.
              “I’m smarter than the artificial intelligence,” Alakazam said. “With one glance I can see someone’s entire future in front of them. You’re going to become someone better and bigger than Gerald, maybe take his sister along with you, too. We’ll see though.”
              “Okay, that’s cool,” Raphael said. “We should get going, it’s nearly dinner time.”

Raphael and Alakazam started to walk out of the Cerulean City pokecenter, but got interrupted by Gerald as he was tapping him in the shoulder. When they turned around and faced Gerald, Alakazam saw that he was holding a pokeball that held a Pokemon that was no match for him.

“I can see that you’ll lose your battle with Raphael if you insist on proceeding,” Alakazam said. “However, I’d advise on using an open field instead of a pokecenter.”
              “What do you mean? How can you talk?” Gerald asked.
              “I’ve already mentioned this to my trainer here, Raphael,” Alakazam said. “I can speak to people through telepathy, so if you want to throw down an Ivysaur, his Charizard will take it down with one move. So, it’s your choice.”
              "Okay, we’ll see about that!” Gerald exclaimed.

Alakazam teleported both Gerald and Raphael out of the pokecenter and into the Cerulean City’s training gym which was nearby the real gym. Gerald was confused and wondering what happened as Raphael thought it was cool, wanting to do it again. However, instead of having an empty gym, it consisted of Misty, the Cerulean City gym leader and Aaron, Raphael’s friend.

“Oh hey, guys! Hi, Raphael!” Aaron shouted. “Finally you want to challenge the gym leader!”
              “Yeah, finally!” Raphael shouted back. “I was trying to catch new Pokemon, so I can defeat the gym leader with ease!”
              “Wow, I’m wondering what kind of new Pokemon you have then!” Aaron shouted. “I’m sorry, but I think you’re going to be last since I’m here battling her first!”

Raphael didn’t know that Aaron wasn’t just a member of Team Rocket, seeing that he had a Magneton out on the field and the gym leader had a Starmie. As Alakazam already knew the outcome of both Raphael’s and his friends match with the gym leader, it closed its eyes and meditated. Raphael saw the awesome match that his new friend Aaron was pulling, using Electric-type attacks on a Water-type Pokemon. When Raphael was being amazed and watching his friends Pokemon battle, Gerald left the gym without notice. When he saw the outcome of the match coming close as Misty’s Starmie was weaker than it was before, Raphael shut his eyes.

Misty commanded her Starmie to use Hydro Pump as Aaron’s Magneton was using its Zap Cannon move. As the water shot out of Starmie’s top and launched directly at Magneton, seismic waves of electricity went through the massive amount of sprayed water. Instantly, the electricity carried itself back and forth through the bed of water beneath them. When both attacks hit both Magneton and Starmie were badly hurt. However, with the static electricity still going through the air, a white flash surrounded Magneton.

The same white flash surrounded Kadabra when it evolved into Alakazam, making Magneton evolve into Magnezone. Aaron was surprised that his Magneton evolved into Magnezone, making Raphael wonder what it was. His pokedex wasn’t able to read what it was, but Alakazam opened its eyes and told him.

“Magnezone, the final evolve form of Magnemite,” Alakazam said. “It is known to be spotted as a U.F.O. in the night sky and intruders will be vaporized by a Hyper Beam when alerted and spotted.”
              “Okay, so that’s a good watch dog, right?” Raphael asked.
              “Yes, it is,” Alakazam said. “It’s now your turn to battle, Raphael. However, Misty will take out new Pokemon as she has a complete team of six Pokemon.”
              “Okay, I’ll watch out then,” Raphael said.

Raphael jumped over the barricade and landed on the hard surface of the gym, running up towards Aaron and giving him a high-five. Since he only had three Pokemon on his team, he wanted to make sure that Misty declares the rule of two instead of six Pokemon. He looked at her orange hair wave up and dazzle as the water splashed through her face, she got up and instantly got excited.

“Okay Raphael, are you ready?!” Misty exclaimed.
              “I’m ready, I hope you are!” Raphael shouted.
              “I sure am! Go, Lapras!” Misty commanded.
              “Okay, here we go Charizard!” Raphael commanded.

Raphael sent out his firestarter of a Pokemon Charizard, making Misty wonder what the challenger’s strategy was as it was facing both a Water-type and an Ice-type Pokemon. She thought the Charizard’s Fire-type attacks would be strong and powerful against Lapras, but she never saw a trainer with a Charizard at this time.

“Okay Charizard, let’s use Flamethrower!” Raphael commanded.
              “Lapras, dive into the water and use Body Slam!” Misty commanded.

Charizard hurled out a giant line of fire aiming directly at Lapras, but it moved out of the way and into the pool. Raphael looked down into the pool and wondered where Lapras was, but he couldn’t find it anywhere. When it was too late to spot the Lapras, it came out of the pool and slammed its body right on top of Charizard. It wasn’t a powerful attack but a decent one as it was hit, knocking back towards Raphael. When Raphael saw that the Lapras looked healthier since it was in the pool of water, he wondered.

“Okay Charizard, let’s use Sunny Day!” Raphael commanded.
              “Let’s use Safeguard, Lapras!” Misty commanded.

Charizard roared up in the sky making the clouds disappear, forcing the sun to shine bright on top of them. As Misty was wondering what kind of move Raphael was going to call out next, she wanted Lapras to protect itself. Raphael wanted to use the powerful move Solar Beam but he knew that it was going to take a risk as it was a move like Gyarados’ Hyper Beam. However, when he looked at Alakazam and smiled, he called it.

“Okay Charizard, let’s use Solar Beam!” Raphael commanded.
              “Dive in the pool and use Ice Beam!” Misty commanded.

Not knowing what to expect from both Pokemon, Charizard raised its head up in the sky as far as it could. Lapras’ Ice Beam attack hit it directly but it didn’t do what Misty wanted it to do which was freeze it. When the attack was ready to launch, Charizard burst out its large burst of solar power. When the attack hit Lapras directly, it didn’t take enough damage to faint it. With the move so powerful Charizard had to take a break as it stood there resting, Lapras being unable to move its body from the powerful attack.

“Okay Lapras, let’s use Brine!” Misty commanded.

With Raphael nearly down to only two Pokemon now which included Alakazam, it still foresaw the outcome of the battle. Raphael made Charizard return to its pokeball so it can rest from its powerful attack, quickly sending out Gyarados. When Gyarados roared out of its pokeball, Gyarados faced against Lapras’ powerful Water-type attack. With Gyarados barely able to fit in the pool, its body rose higher than before, reaching the glass ceiling. Roaring about to attack, it looked down at its trainer unable to recognize him.

Gyarados kept looking down at the unrecognizable Raphael as he was wearing a different outfit, Raphael was worried that this is what Alakazam foresaw. It was too late for Raphael to do anything now, making Gyarados roar about on its own.

“Let’s use Ice Beam, Lapras!” Misty commanded.

Raphael saw that Gyarados was still roaring about, slowly creating waves throughout the pool. When the beam of ice attacked and hit Gyarados’ body, it ignored the fact and kept roaring about. Raphael looked at Alakazam trying to figure out what his Gyarados was doing, soon making Alakazam let him know.

“Gyarados ignored you and started to do its Dragon Dance,” Alakazam said. “When it used its Dragon Dance move it becomes more irritable and vicious.”
              “Okay, so it’ll be now to attack! So, let’s use Hyper B-”

Raphael got interrupted by Gyarados’ sudden movements, inhaling a massive amount of power and storing it inside its throat. As it didn’t really listen to Raphael again, it knew what it was doing.

“Use Perish Song, Lapras!” Misty commanded.

It was the time Alakazam foresaw, it quickly getting off the bench and running its fastest towards Misty. Gyarados launched its powerful attack, launching all of its energy out of its body and directly at Lapras. With the gym leader Misty in the way, Alakazam foresaw that it was coming for her end. Wanting to stop it, he already foresaw it coming, making the hyper beam launch directly at them. However, it used its telekinesis to create a barrier around the gym leader.

The side of the gym aquarium shattered to pieces as Gyarados’ Hyper Beam launched, fainting Misty’s Lapras in the meantime. Both Misty and Raphael looked at the giant hole in the wall in shock and awe, but it didn’t stop them from finishing the battle.

“Okay Gyarados, let’s go!” Misty commanded. “Let’s use Hydro Pump!”
              “I know you got to rest, Gyarados, so I’ll rest with you,” Raphael said.

Raphael didn’t stop the battle, but he stopped and looked in his backpack, quickly taking off his Team Rocket outfit. Wanting his Gyarados to listen to him, he put back on his fingerless gloves, turned his hat backwards, and took off his jacket. Misty’s Gyarados launched a powerful Hydro Pump at his Gyarados, but at the same time, his Gyarados looked down at his trustworthy trainer with a smile.

“Okay Gyarados, let’s use Rain Dance!” Raphael commanded.
              “Use Crunch, Gyarados!” Misty commanded.

Gyarados did a mystical dance in the pool and suddenly the clouds from earlier came back, making it rain. When it rained the gym aquarium opened its ceiling doors and made both Gyarados’ happy. However, with Alakazam’s psychic ability and Raphael knowing what move to make next, it was over for Misty.

“Okay Gyarados, let’s use Thunder!” Raphael commanded.
              “Gyarados, use Twister!” Misty commanded.

Gyarados rose its head up at the sky and roared as loud as it could sending down a giant bolt of lightning down. Misty’s Gyarados spun as fast as it could forming a twister that quickly went towards Raphael’s Gyarados. When the thunder and lightning hit Misty’s Gyarados, it was obviously louder and more powerful with its Dragon Dance move. Misty’s Gyarados roared its loudest as its move was still directed towards the other, fainting in front of the gym leader. When the Twister attacked Raphael’s Gyarados, it got hurt badly, too.
              However, with Raphael’s Gyarados hanging in there by its fin, it was declared the winner.

“That was one heck of a splash, Raphael! Congratulations on winning this Cascade Badge!” Misty exclaimed. “Now, where did you make your Gyarados that powerful?”
              “I traded a Pokemon for this Gyarados,” Raphael said. “However, it has been with me since we battled Pewter City gym.”
              “Oh wow, that’s awesome,” Misty said. “One heck of a Pokemon trainer that’s for sure! We’ll see you later though, I got to fix up this gym, maybe close it for a while.”
              “Okay, we’ll see you later than,” Raphael said. “I’m sorry for the mess you have to pick up!”

Raphael returned the beast of a Pokemon he calls Gyarados back into its pokeball and walked back towards Aaron and Alakazam. Walking through the big gaping hole Gyarados created, they decided to go through it instead of going through the entrance. When they walked out of the gym both having the Cascade Badge, Raphael wondered how Aaron became a Pokemon trainer. Instead of asking him questions, he learned them from Alakazam, which knew practically everything about everyone. As they were walking out of Cerulean City, the went down the steep hill of Route 5.

To Be Continued...

Quick Reply