• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Fanfiction Idea: Pokémon Origins 2

Wawi2018

LananishWawi
Years
Alola guys! I have finally decided my fanfiction idea! Pokémon Origins 2! The story revolves around the region of Johto, The storytelling of one of the strongest trainers out there, Gold. I'll mix Gold, Silver, Heartgold, Soulsilver and Crystal to bring out a good story. I may alter some plot if I think it is necessary. I had posted this to see if anyone's interested and have some tips. My chapters would be short because of my character limit in my old android. So, I may divide the chapters into two parts often. So, All set! Once this is over, If this is successful, I'll move on to the next regions. Thank ya for reading!

Hopefully, Wawi​

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Just one thing, I would recommend not writing on mobile. Aside from things like character limits, writing on a computer word processor gives you access to a far more expansive work environment, proper spelling and grammar checking, and allows you to see what the story is going to look like well before posting. I believe there's also a minimum word-count limit on the forum, so depending on just how short is 'short' in your book, you may also run into some trouble with that.

Bay

Years
Yeah as Misheard Whisper said it's better if you wait until you're on a computer with a writing program as you'll have a much easier time writing and saving your stories that way. Some suggestions would be Microsoft Word, Open Office, Libre Office, and Google Docs.

One other advice I would give is I'm assuming you're doing a retelling of the Johto games? If so, while nothing wrong with a "novelization" of the games, you'll have to work hard to make the plot not be predictable with the readers. If you need help fleshing out ideas, I suggest going to the Plot Bunny Thread and go from there. I wish you luck!

Vragon

With that said, I can recommend that if you have moments of inspiration, I'd recommend jotting them down with your cell phone as notes if you can't seem to reach a computer.

It'd save some creative ideas, but yeah for a draft what those two said.

Wawi2018

LananishWawi
Years
The problem is, I don't have a computer/laptop yet. I may probably get one in a year or two. But then, I'd be busy as academics gets serious in 10th grade in my country. So, I won't be able to use the system because my parents won't allow me to. That is why I use mobiles. Thanks for your recommendation ;) I'll probably give my best. First chapter would be out within a month.

Back