• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

The Immortal One

Life... Challenge Accepted!
Years
Byron MacTavish

Byron felt stupid. How could he have done something as embarrassing as to trip over himself? Byron turned around to find his Pokeball to see the ball in a boy's hand.

"Hey there," the boy with the Riachu said. "I think you dropped this. We were just admiring the stadium… me and Linc' here are new to the academy."

The boy signalled to the boy with the Shieldon.

"That's Hiromu," he gestured to the boy with the strange coloured Lucario. "He's showing us around real quick, since it's late."

Byron was in a really awkward position. He was never good at talking to people, even people he knew well.

"Oh, and I'm Daniel. Hey there," he finished speaking as he shot Byron a warm smile.

Byron didn't know what to say. He didn't just want to stand there and look at him. Byron grabbed the ball and placed it back on his belt.

"Um… I'm Byron," he said quietly. "Thanks… I guess."

Byron was quite shy, so this wasn't easy for him.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak​

He's pretty quiet, mmh?

"Nice to meet you Byron! Are you new here as well?"

He then noticed his blue jacket, blinking a few times in realisation.

"Oh! You're in the Suicune dorm as well! Hiro' and I are as well. Heh, if this keeps up, I'll know all of the others in the dorm before morning!"

He smiled again, a rather carefree smile, lifting a hand to brush a hand through his hair, moving some of the greyed tips away from his face.

Alexis had finished taking in the scenery, moving over to glance from Luco to Hiro' and Linc' who seemed a little preoccupied with admiring the arena.

"Chh, rai?" 'Does people always bump into each other like this, here?'

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin

Kenshin let out a deep sigh when he saw the girl retrieve her Umbreon.

"Okay Pikachu, you can come out now," he said calmly.

The ground of the battlefield closest to Kenshin and Olivia began to rumble and shake, but it wasn't acting violently as it would've done if Pikachu was actually about to attack. Pikachu's head poked out of the ground, then he slowly crawled the rest of his body out.

Kenshin knelt down and picked Pikachu up in his arms. He gave a soft gentle smile to his pokemon and gave him a light hug.

"You did great buddy," he praised.

He stood back up with Pikachu in his arms and looked at Olivia. He looked somewhat tired. That battle. . . or maybe just that last part with Umbreon. . . it took a lot out of him.

". . . I . . . guess we won huh?" he asked weakly.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
(OoC: >( I had to write this the second time, it better post!)

Kilik Chambers

Star started walking towards the hole Pikachu dug through, right before collapsing right there. It's over; the battle is over. They lost this battle. Disappointing, but that's the price when you lose. Kat ran over to Star & picked her up. She had enough damage for one day. Kilik lost this battle, but once he attends some classes tomorrow, he'll have some winning strategies. Kat spoke to Kenshin & Olivia after picking up Star. "That was an amazing battle. Thanks." She said to them both before leaving the battlefield. What, did she forget Kilik? So much for offering himself as a training partner. Another time then.

Before Kilik could do anything, a Snivy was nudging his shoulder with a vine. Was she Kat's Pokemon? Perhaps she's wondering where Kat is. Kilik bent down to the Snivy. "I think Kat went to the Pokemon Center. You should go quick." It's a bit odd that Snivy went to explore without her trainer.

There was no more to do here. Kilik stood up & walked over to Kenshin & Olivia. "That was a good battle. Your idea's at the beginning were pretty good Olivia. You were pretty strong out there Kenshin." He shook both their hands & walked away without another word. He took a glance at Ruby nearby. She was talking to some boy. No sense in bothering to interrupt. Now outside, his next stop was the Pokemon Center to heal his Pokemon. Perhaps he's had enough battles for one day.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
((Immortal One, Linc's pokemon aren't out of their pokeballs, so your character wouldn't have seen his Shieldon or know he had one.))

Linc turned at the sound of the newcomer, chuckling at his clumsiness. When Daniel had finished introducing everybody he gave a lazy salute.

"Hey bro, how's it hangin'? I've only been here, like, an hour, and I've already met three dudes I wanna battle and an arena to do it in. This place is pretty rad, huh?"

I wonder what colour my jacket's gonna be... should've read that welcome pack my pops gave me.

The Immortal One

Years
(OOC: Sorry West, I had no other way to discribe your character :3)
Byron MacTavish

"Nice to meet you Byron! Are you new here as well?" Dan asked.

He didn't even give Byron a chance to answer his question as he just started talking again.

"Oh! You're in the Suicune dorm as well! Hiro' and I are as well. Heh, if this keeps up, I'll know all of the others in the dorm before morning!"

Why is he so chatty? Are these questions rhetorical or am I supossed to answer? Byron thought, too confused to speak.

Byron finally got the courage to speak up when another boy started talking to him.

"Hey bro, how's it hangin'? I've only been here, like, an hour, and I've already met three dudes I wanna battle and an arena to do it in. This place is pretty rad, huh?"

For the love of Arceus! He angrily thought to himself.

At last, there was a brief silence before Byron could answer.

"Um… I am new to the… um… school," Byron tried not to stutter, but he continued to trip or his tongue like he did over his feet. "This place is… pretty cool…"

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak​

"Yeah, it is... but hey, at least we're not alone about being new here, mmh?"

He said with a smile, glancing to Linc', lifting a hand to give his back a pat.

Daniel had always been wary about battling others. He always preferred just to stroll around and explore, and of course, train with Alexis. He had never been that good a duelist, but it seems like that would have to change now that he'd gotten here.

"So, uh... are you guys looking forward to starting classes? Have either of you picked one yet, or..?"

He glanced between Linc' and Byron while Alexis simply stood next to Luco, watching the conversation going in a pretty one-sided direction.

"Chh-uai.." 'This might take a while..' She said with a little flick of her tail. Not seeming annoyed per se, simply stating it. She then sat herself down on her rump, her paws resting on her belly, watching the three while her tail lowered to tip the lightning bolt against the ground, starting to discharge a faint bit of electricity.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell gasped quietly as Quillie fired another Eruption, he was just pumped with power today wasn't he? The explosion had whipped up a giant cloud of sand which made it hard to see the two combatants. But as the sand subsided, Maxwell could see Rama as well as Quillie laying on the ground, knocked out. The young boy took off his mask to see it all a bit clearer, he then walked up to Quillie and picked him up slowly. While in the arms of his trainer, the Quilava was returned to his Pokéball without a sound. Maxwell had lost this battle, this was a unusual experience for him and it also reminded him of that he still had a way to go if he wanted to master the art of battling.

The boys lip started to quiver, much like when you separate a child from it's favourite toy. His eyes slowly started to water as if he was about to burst into tears at any moment. He opened his mouth, and out bellowed a loud and cheerful laughter. Maxwell laughed, he laughed so hard that tears started to flow down his cheeks rapidly, he slapped his knees and was almost about to fall over. To think, this was only his second day at the Academy. In this span of time he had got a girlfriend, caught a new Pokémon, met new friends and had not one, but TWO awesome battles! He was searing with joy! This was going to be a lot of fun, no doubt!

Maxwell looked down when he heard a noise, a very distinct and familiar noise that could only come from one place. Namely his stomach. For the first time, Maxwell noticed that it had begun to darken, the day slowly turning into night. How long had him and Skye battled? By the looks of it, long enough to miss lunch. The young boy whipped out a unopened bag of Hippowdo's from his coat, he opened the bag of chips and held it out towards Skye, his face beaming with happiness an excitement.

"That was an awesome battle Skye! Well maybe not for you, but for me it was!" Maxwell smiled, "Would you like some?" he said, referring to the bag of chips in his hand. His stomach told him to ignore Skye and hog all of the salty godness to himself, while his manners tried to prevent that exact impulse. In the end, his manners won and the chips stayed where they were.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
"Aw I dunno bro, my pops is probably gonna try and get me to take his class. But there's so much I wanna do, I wanna get a feel for the island, maybe catch a few more pokemon. Round out my team a bit, y'know?"

Linc shrugged nonchalantly, but he wasn't as relaxed about catching pokemon as he seemed. He didn't even have any spare pokeballs yet, he was going to have to get his dad to spring for some.

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
Hiromu and Luco grimaced ever-so-slightly at what had just unfolded. Another new student came along and kind of just been pulled into the group. It looked like he was trying to speak up, but Daniel kept cutting him off at the last bits. Didn't seem like Lincoln was helping it along much either. Something needed to give way so they could all actually talk. Thinking for a bit...the boy got an awesome idea! Well, maybe awesome to him, anyway.

He'd soon remove his jacket before folding it neatly and placing it on the floor, shoes soon to follow. The stadium was currently set to its normal standing, so he didn't have to worry about dirtying it or vice versa as he stepped up to it. Luco smirked before following shortly after, already knowing what was on his partner's mind. Before moving to stand alongside him, he'd speak briefly for Alexis to hear.

"Ruu aaa." 'Training time.', he said, before patting Hiromu on the shoulder, moving to the other side. About a good five feet between them. Hiromu would smile and undo the top of his shirt, making sure it was loose enough before he spoke up. "Okay, Luco. You know the drill. We go for about two minutes, then we bring out Jellal, alright?"

The Lucario simply nodded, before the pair got into a mirrored fighting stance, both seeming very much in sync as they began to pace around the stadium, slowly getting closer and closer to each other.

The Immortal One

Years
Byron MacTavish

"So, uh... are you guys looking forward to starting classes? Have either of you picked one yet, or..?" Dan asked.

Byron was about to speak when Linc' cut him off.

"Aw I dunno bro, my pops is probably gonna try and get me to take his class. But there's so much I wanna do, I wanna get a feel for the island, maybe catch a few more Pokemon. Round out my team a bit, y'know?"

This is just getting ridiculous! Byron thought.

Byron turned toHiromu to see him take off his jacket and shoes. Byron was aware of what he was planning. He had done this countless times back in Hoenn with his Combusken. Hiromu and Luco were getting ready to train.

The two stood five feet across each other. Hiromu had unbuttoned the top button of his shirt before speaking;

"Okay, Luco. You know the drill. We go for about two minutes, then we bring out Jellal, alright?"

Bring out Jellal? Byron thought.

Hiromu had another Pokemon? It would have been hard to believe by looking at the age of Hiromu and the way Luco look, so wise and so powerful.

Luco nodded at Hiromu. The two mirrored the same fighting stance and began pacing around the stadium, growing closer together.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Linc turned to watch Hiromu and his Lucario move into the stadium and begin what looked like a training routine. What the hell?

"So, I guess the tours over then bro?"

Not like we're standing right here, saying hello the new guy. The new, new guy.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak​

As Linc' started speaking, Daniel turned to glance at him, nodding a little, shifting his gaze back to Byron again.

… Mmh. We're not really letting him say anything… he keeps almost saying something and then getting cut off.

Daniel shook his head and opened his mouth, ready to apologize to Byron for it, but this time, he was the one to be interrupted, as he heard Hiromu talking to Luco behind him, turning with raised brows as he watched the two getting ready to train.

Alexis had looked up at Luco as he'd muttered and pushed herself to her feet, walking a little away with her paws still on her belly, watching the two with her head tilted curiously.

"Chhuu aii." 'Looking forward to seeing what you can do, Luco.' She added with the hint of a wry smile, moving over to stand besides Daniel, whom had also tilted his head to the side, lifting his arms to fold them across his chest.

Looks like they were going to train… odd time to start doing that. It was practically in the middle of the night.

He then looked over his shoulder at Byron, realizing he had forgotten about him. He offered him a sheepish smile, lifting a hand to scratch the side of his head.

"Hey, uh… sorry about that. Didn't mean to cut you off like I did. I guess I'm just a little eager to be here."

He said this in earnest as he took a few steps backwards, placing himself next to the boy, not wanting him to feel left out as he turned back to the Lucario and Hiro'.

The Immortal One

Years
Byron MacTavish

Byron new that Hiromu was too focused to talk so Byron decided it was time to leave. But before he could leave, he heard Dan speak.

"Hey, uh… sorry about that. Didn't mean to cut you off like I did. I guess I'm just a little eager to be here."

"That's alright… um… goodbye… for now," he shyly spoke before leaving the arena.

Byron put his palm to his forehead. He was quite embarrassed about the events that just transpired. He wasn't speaking up and was probably made out to be a major idiot.

I guess it's time to go back to my dorm, he thought.

Byron was going to tour the rest of the school, but he had a pretty good map to show him around so he didn't bother. Byron wasn't tired either, so he was just sitting on a bench outside the Suicune Dorm's.

I wish tomorrow would start already. I really want to get to the learning! Byron thought.

Byron was so excited he could probably talk to people normally instead of his usual shy way. So many things were racing through his head about tomorrow. What classes would he take, what Pokemon would he meet and learn about and who he will end up battling. Byron was determined to battle someone tomorrow. He needed to get his rep known. He may not have wanted attention, but he didn't want to be known as a weakling wannabe trainer. Even with him being in the Suicune dorm, he was sure people thought he cheated or paid his way in.

I'll show them all!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Linc watched the exchange between Daniel and Byron, opting to stay out of this time. Byron seemed to be a bit flustered by the attention and Linc had never really known how to act around shy people. When Byron left he gave him a wave and a "See you around bro." and let him go on his way.

Guy seems nice enough. Bit clueless though.

"So, uh, Dan, what do you reckon bro? Should we leave Hiromu to it?"

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
"You guys are free to watch. It's quite alright. But don't let us keep you up if you need to sleep." Hiromu then turned his head back just in time to bend backwards and barely dodge a clenched paw whizzing over his face. His expression was a bit shocked, before he retained his focus and followed through with a palm to Luco's muzzle. Naturally, the Lucario parried it and the pair began trading blows. It was sometimes interesting to watch a trainer train with his Pokemon in this manner. Already they were circling around the middle of the stadium, sometimes shifting back and forth between their movements.

But Daniel and Lincoln could get a look at just how in sync they were. Each move would either miss, be blocked, or parried like it were clockwork. But it wasn't long until Luco suddenly leaped backward and fired off an Aura Sphere. Hiromu panicked a little bit before getting into position and crossing his arms over himself. The sphere hit with the sound of heavy impact before dispersing, Hiromu letting out a heavy sigh. "J-Jeez Luco! You could've warned me we were going to the heavy training first!"

The Lucario would simply grin before a Pokeball opened at Hiromu's side, the Pokemon within appearing by Luco's side. And out came...another Luco? No, there was something different about it. It's posture held a lot more confidence, though its eyes were not quite the same. Something about it was...off.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak​

Turning his head as Byron left, he lifted a hand, giving him a wave on his way out.

"Oh, alright. We'll see you around, Byron."

Nice guy. Pretty quiet though… guess not everyone can be like Linc' here.

"So, uh, Dan, what do you reckon bro? Should we leave Hiromu to it?"

He'd never been called Dan before. Suited him just fine. He glanced from Linc' to Hiro' and Luco starting to trade blows, dodging and parrying one another's attacks.

"Hrmh… I think I'll stay. I… uh, need to brush a bit up on training like this. You can go on if you want though."

Watching the pair dance back and forth, Daniel began bouncing a little on his feet, getting somewhat excited at seeing the blows being traded, nearly ducking himself as Hiro' did, as if he was the one in the fight.

As the Lucario blasted Hiro' with the sphere, Daniel widened his eyes in surprise, Alexis' ears twitching somewhat, though looking on passively otherwise.

Holy- that can't be safe. This guy…

Just as he was thinking this, another Pokémon entered the field, from one of Hiro's pokéballs, looking a lot like Luco. What was going to happen now? Daniel lifted a hand, rubbing the back of his neck anxiously while watching the three, glancing to Linc' with a wry little smile.

"Exciting, isn't it? Do you train with your Pokémon like this?"

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
Hiromu grinned a bit as he spoke to the other 'Lucario', already stretching out a bit before getting back into position. "Heh. Couldn't wait, could you Jellal? I suppose you wanna take a turn in the spotlight then?" The other pair of Luco would look to each other, before one bowed to the other, who then stepped forward with a smirk on its face. Hiromu already knew what was coming. He was kind of anxious to learn what reaction Daniel and Lincoln would have to this. It would probably be quite a shock for them!

"Alright Jellal. I already know how you are, so there's no need for formalities. Bring it on!" It was then, the Lucario darted in with some impressive speed, its paws thrusting forward for Hiromu's head, who managed to dodge with a bit of his hair getting nicked. He'd trade it for a fist of his own to the others mid-section, only to get it caught by an upward kick, which then wheeled and slammed into his chest. The boy doubled over with the wind knocked out of him, but only for a moment as he swung his legs around to sweep his sparring partner off its feet. It worked, for about a second before it sprung itself back to its feet.

Hiromu was grinning a bit as he coughed, the Lucario's body hazing like a fog, before its true form was revealed. It was not another of Luco, but Jellal was actually a Zoroark! The Illusion-Fox Pokemon! "Hehe...you always were pretty rough, Jellal. But that's okay. The rougher you are, the tougher I get, and the stronger we become!" Zoroark nodded slightly in reply, before Luco also stepped up to the plate, an excited gleem in its eyes.

"Huh? W-wait! You guys are double-teaming me!? Oh c'mon!" But of course, Hiromu had no time to complain before the two were upon him, blocking and parrying swift attacks from both sides. A dangerous little mix-up game he was caught in now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Linc shrugged when Dan said he wanted to stay and figured he'd stick around a little longer. He couldn't tell whether Hiromu and his Lucario were really on the same page as fighters or just going through a familair routine. There was no denying it was impressive, but Linc figured they were probably showing off...

"Exciting, isn't it? Do you train with your Pokémon like this?" Dan asked him.
Linc chuckled and flashed a big grin. "Kinda. I mean, if I'm havin' them run laps or do weights or whatever, I do the laps and the weights too. That way they know I understand what they're goin' through for me, y'know? How about you bro?"

Bixi really needs some more training, come to think of it. Working out that strategy with pops for Jackson means he's pulled ahead a bit...

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak​

"Oh, you know… I do my share of training with Alexis… like… uh…"

He trailed off, seemingly starting to lose himself in the heat of battle, watching the second Lucario slam his leg into Hiro's chest, sending him stumbling back. The Pokémon then transformed into another one!

Daniel's eyes widened. This reminded him of that ditto him and Alexis had fought at one point, back in Vermillion. But there was something about this Pokémon that gave it a more rough, hardened look, as if this wasn't just training for it.

As they both began attacking Hiromu, getting him out in the ropes, Daniel bit his lower lip, glancing to Linc' for a moment, excitement burning in his eyes, before breaking into a bright grin. He then quickly shook off his backpack and wriggled out of his jacket, leaving him in a black T-shirt.

"Sorry Linc', but two on one is no fair! Hold out Hiro'!"

Alexis turned her head, watching as Daniel dashed forwards, nearly leaping into the fray as he delivered a swift kick towards the Zoroark, who was currently closest to him. This being a rather obvious attack, the Zoroark had no problem avoiding the attack, leaving Daniel to bounce backwards, ending up next to Hiro' with a bright, excited grin on his face, his hands up in front of him, only half-balled into fists while he bounced slightly on the spot. His stance looked almost like a kickboxer's.

"Figured I'd even out the odds a little! Hope you don't mind!"

Alexis let out what sounded like a sigh, her tail flicking through the air, almost annoyedly. She did however, watch the fight with rising excitement over who might win this.
"… Chu uai…" '… He always gets so easily excited…'

Daniel had never been the strongest kid, ever. And before he had gotten his Pikachu, he had only been to a couple of martial arts lessons, which he quit shortly after. But after him and Alexis had started training, he had begun becoming faster, more agile. His punches would not hurt a lot, but he was pretty darned quick.

Back