• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] [RMXP] Release: Still working on the name (beta)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
woops, on route 6 my game crashed while trying to interact with the trainers who are talking to one another by the small pond, you might wanna look into this and other trainer groups which dont aggro onto you by spotting you like these do.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
Would cover up to hoenn Dex, plus some platinum Pokemons cause of Johto, I don't have any idea how mega evolution works atm

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
vmXHQ7X.png

Heres the pic you asked for. The male trainer caused the crash, but the femalemight be an issue as well. Think you can look at all trainers who are facing each other like this to be safe?
Crap all trainers on route 6 appear bugged, when I challenged the second bug catcher after the two shown here he crashed my game too. There may be a lot more trainers that are bugged than I thought.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
I'll check them after going to work. I don't k no ow why they are like this. Zzz

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I did notice that after battling the last two trainers before entering Vermillion that those last two campers are the trainers you're supposed to fight in the picture, maybe they got copied somehow and the game freaked out? But that wouldnt explain the bug catcher if thats the case unless he has a copy in another part of the game.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
So I checked it a while ago, those npcs does not exist in the pbs, I'll fix it after work, anything else wrong with that route? Also I don't have any idea how to adjust the aggro range for the trainers, I'll try to check the documentation for it. :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I figured I'd ask about aggro range at the time because I had no idea if that was the issue or not for those NPCs, since you had to talk to them to battle them. The idea was debuned when the other bug catcher crashed my game as I let him walk to me like normal. Glad I caught this for you though.

since the game involves using the Yellow version to a degree as a base as seen by Red and Blue's rosters and the few NPCs which were seen only in yellow, how do you get the kanto starters in this game?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
Through trades or to be given. So you can't get past route06?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I got through route 6 no problem at this point, the bug catcher can be avoided by walking alongside the bank of the pond, and I made it to Vermillion unscathed from there. Im now hunting for a few other pokemon to add some variance to my team. Kinda hard to do when one of the best pokemon uses Teleport all the time (damn you abra!!!)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
found anothe game breaking crash, I tried to trade for the farfetch'd in Vermillion and the game crashed. I have a feeling that NPC isnt supposed to be there though since that NPC wasnt in the Yellow Version like the other ingame trades such as the Machoke you get for a cubone.

EDIT: Another glitch, this time the game freezes if you defeat Red on the SS Anne which isnt too hard to do if your pokemon are levels 20-23. If you're supposed to lose against Red and Blue in every engagement you may need to buff Red's pokemon a bit as his pokemon range from 13-21. Also he has a Zubat on his team instead of a Charmander.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
It's intentional, remember when you're playing as RED? you'll get tons of misc. Pokes, hehe.

I've fixed the trade and bugcathcer glitched, you can just skip them for now as I am too tired. @.@ I you find anything else please post it. You're a great help really.

Edit: Game freezes before captain's room? Ill look into it. Did you win at cerulean cape? Did the game froze too?

Edit2: I've fixed RED, it is just a movement issue, I'll be uploading it later.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
It's intentional, remember when you're playing as RED? you'll get tons of misc. Pokes, hehe.

I've fixed the trade and bugcathcer glitched, you can just skip them for now as I am too tired. @.@ I you find anything else please post it. You're a great help really.

Edit: Game freezes before captain's room? Ill look into it. Did you win at cerulean cape? Did the game froze too?

Edit2: I've fixed RED, it is just a movement issue, I'll be uploading it later.

I lost the battle at cerulean cape thats not a problem. I wouldnt be on the SS Anne otherwise admittedly.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
All the battles are winable, BTW I've fixed the same Anne part. :)

Any suggestions for starter pokemons?
Dialogues/scripts?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 26, 2019
hey man sorry to ask but could you plz make a mega of a media fire download link
zippyshare just does not want to work for me

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
All the battles are winable, BTW I've fixed the same Anne part. :)

Any suggestions for starter pokemons?
Dialogues/scripts?

well, I think it would be interesting to get a different set of starters in each region than the norm. For example due to how close Kanto and Johto are I would expect that one could find either the Kanto Starters in Johto or Johtos starters in Kanto. Here are some ideas for areas I could imagine for this;

Hoenn Trio:

Treecko: Ilex Forest or the forest near the Lake of Rage

Torchic: The patch of grass south of the miltank farm

Mudkip: Cianwood City

Johto Trio:

Chikorita: Along the path to Cerulean Cape, or perhaps the Safari Zone

Totodile: Near the river leading tot he abandoned power plant

Cyndaquil: The road between Saffron and Lavander town

Kanto Trio:

Bulbasaur: Petalburg Woods

Charmander: Fiery Path

Squirtle: Dewford Town, perhaps outside along the road to Granite Cave