• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Firebolt [Recruiting]

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
LogoMk3.png
pokeball_bullet_by_chocolakii-d6eyen3.png
introduction.
Surprisingly, I'm not new to this site. Although, the amount of time I've spent on here equates to be being a newbie. I've had an account here for a couple years, but I am however, socially inept. I don't often post in threads, or create them myself. PokéCommunity still is, and will remain to be, my go-to for fan games.
I've been a long time fan of the Pokémon community, especially the creative fan base. And, although I aspire to work in film and animation, a part of my heart will always stay with fan games. Therefor, I've decided to take on the challenge of creating my own - if not just for my own entertainment.
Pokémon Firebolt (previously Alibi) has been an idea floating around in my mind for a year or so now. I've dabbled with it once or twice using pokémon essentials, but never often built on it. I find it only fitting that I use my first and most developed idea to create my first fan game.
Aaaaand so, without further ado - I present: Pokémon Firebolt.
story.
The Nanako Region. Peaceful, Tranquil, Harmonious. However, beneath all the beauty, a threat lies.
Long ago, the island was brought out of the sea by Groudon along with all other landmass in the world. The people of the Nanako Island worshiped and respected pokémon of all types.
A group known as the Sentinel Watchers guarded people and pokémon alike - protecting them with their gifted connection to the legendary pokémon. Over time however, the group's ideals split in two - and the peace of the island fell into chaos. That was until a hero, born between the two groups and with an astounding connection to the legendary pokémon, put a stop to the fighting and restored peace once more.
The Watchers soon died out. For a while, they were not needed. Now there is a disruption on the island, and people and pokémon alike are in trouble if it is not stopped soon. Waking up in the woods, all you have is the memory of your name and the clothes on your back. As you take on the gym challenge in order to return a lost pokémon to its home, you begin to get tangled up in the mysteries of the island as it falls into chaos.
Make new friends, new enemies, and see new places, in Pokémon Firebolt. The Nanako Region needs a hero - could you fulfill that role?

planned features.
-side stories
-crafting
-player owned house
-trainer customization
-time travelling
progress.
The game is slowly but surely on it's way to the first demo, but there is no date set in stone.
Mapping for the first release is entirely finished. Events, music and sprites are about 50% done as of now.
screenshots.
Spoiler:

recruiting.
The reason I've never gone far with creating this before is my stubbornness towards reaching to others for help. I can only do so much on this project. If you would like to apply for any of these roles then please message me on this forum. I appreciate all the help that I can get :)
-scripter
I'm in desperate need of someone who has a lot of knowledge of RGSS and can help me implement desired features into the game.
-spriter
I draw and animate, but I'm not a sprite artist. If anyone can assist me in the I'll be a very happy buneary
-music composer
I will credit you for whatever you do, as well as crediting you as a team member if applicable.
downloads.
note - more download links coming soon
DEMO RELEASE
Approximately 10~15 minutes of game-play, introducing the story and some of the main characters.
credits.
the team.
✎ BlueFoxCreations......................Lead Developer, Story and Mapping
Kirlial................................................Spriting, Story
sukoshijon.......................................Music (Soundcloud)
other.
-Nintendo & Gamefreak................Pokémon
-Poccil, Flameguru & Maruno.......Pokémon Essentials
Spoiler:

support.
CelebiBanner.png

Spoiler:
HiddenZekiamBannerc4829.png

Spoiler:
MisdreavusBanner.png

Spoiler:

Last edited:

megaman d

novice scripter
Years
I would have helped if I could but i only know the arm7tdmi scripting i.e. the gba one. Right now I can only support you and say Good luck

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
I would have helped if I could but i only know the arm7tdmi scripting i.e. the gba one. Right now I can only support you and say Good luck
Thank you! Any support is much appreciated!

UPDATE:
Version 1.0 is well on it's way to being released. Progress has been somewhat slow as of recently due to exams and personal lives, but trust me we will get there.
I have also created a blog for the game. The blog will feature a Character Spotlight every other Tuesday, and an Area Spotlight every other Saturday.
https://pokemonfirebolt.tumblr.com/

Happy Hunting Trainers!
-BlueFox Creations

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
UPDATE:
A short demo has been released!

The demo is 10-15 minutes long depending on how much of the story you take in. It introduces a few of many enigma's in the story, and some of the main characters including the Rival and Professor (although there is more to her than you realise).
Download here, or see the first post for more detail on the game itself!

Happy Hunting Trainers!
-BlueFox Creations

Back