• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Apparently the link has remained online again. The newest release I just made incorporates most of the features I mentioned previously, such as daycare and egg support, custom window skins, and colors for male and female dialogue in the message system. Please refer to notes.txt in the Pokemon Essentials ZIP file for details. Also, metadata not representable in RPG Maker XP can be specified per-map and globally by editing metadata.txt; and the ZIP file also contains the animation editor I made for generating Pokemon battle animations.

Please send problems and comments to me through private messaging instead of to this thread. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
lol ok i ment everyone who was working on this starter kit ^-^
but theres still one question XD how can i let events appear only after another event was started? i can just to conditional branches, but there i cant choose events, just gold and skills and switches and so on.

and how do i get to the switches to edit them and set new ones?

because what i want to do is: after choosing a pokemon, before going out of the house, prof oak, runs after me and tells me my first mission. but that should start of course after choosing the pokemon and not when i entry the house the first time.

most people don't answer this because it's kind of easy, but, i'm nice so here we go.

the first thing you need to do is decide what event you want to come first. once you've don't that go to that event.
open it in the editor (just double click on it) then open the editor thing (double click on the thing that looks like "@>". once you've done that, click on control variables, and then click on the drop down menu.

select an unnamed variable, and name it (for the sake of this tutorial, lets go with "i'm-the-man", because i'm kind of board at the moment,) . click ok.

Then click on control self switch, make sure "A" is in the drop down menu (or what ever letter you want) and click ok.
make a new page, on this page, set the condition box to self : (what ever letter was in control self switch). press apply, and then ok

Now go to the second event (the one you want to happen only after the first) it doesn't even have to be on the same map, it can be anywhere you want the event to happen, just go there, and set the condition as switch: "i'm-the-man".

click apply. click ok. and we're done.

Apparently the link has remained online again. The newest release I just made incorporates most of the features I mentioned previously, such as daycare and egg support, custom window skins, and colors for male and female dialogue in the message system. Please refer to notes.txt in the Pokemon Essentials ZIP file for details. Also, metadata not representable in RPG Maker XP can be specified per-map and globally by editing metadata.txt; and the ZIP file also contains the animation editor I made for generating Pokemon battle animations.

Please send problems and comments to me through private messaging instead of to this thread. Thanks.

By the way, i keep forgetting to tell you, the animation editor doesn't completly work, when you go to rename an animation, it messes up (unless you've updated it in the last 2 weeks it should still be like that)

but knowing my pc it could just be me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2007
ok thank u, but at the second event u mean to set the condition variable with im the man not switch or? because we have set an variable at the first one and not a switch.

and can i also set it twice? the "an event occurs when touching the other one" - function at an event that also occured on that way?

EDIT:
okay, now i have arranged the swichtes and so on...but now another problem occured: when i go to the prof. house (uper, big house), talk to him and go to the pokeballs, go back to him, choose a pokemon, and then he should go to the pc, like i told him in the script, but he just goes up.
can someone of u tell me why? i have uploaded the project here:

megaupload.com/de/?d=EY595R4E

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
ok thank u, but at the second event u mean to set the condition variable with im the man not switch or? because we have set an variable at the first one and not a switch.

and can i also set it twice? the "an event occurs when touching the other one" - function at an event that also occured on that way?

EDIT:
okay, now i have arranged the swichtes and so on...but now another problem occured: when i go to the prof. house (uper, big house), talk to him and go to the pokeballs, go back to him, choose a pokemon, and then he should go to the pc, like i told him in the script, but he just goes up.
can someone of u tell me why? i have uploaded the project here:

megaupload.com/de/?d=EY595R4E

dude, i didn't understand what you said, take a deep breath, and tell me what happened again, i will download the project, but i need sleep, (it's 3:57 am here XD) so it will have to wait about... 10 hours. i'll see what's wrong then. ok? and sorry it's going to take so long.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2007
lol okay, sorry XD my english is soo bad ^^'

so now a little bit slower:
what i want/need: combination of the event-appearing-function. with the variable and selfswitch i made to let an event appear, after another one was activated. now i want to let the appeared one also activates another event.

and what doesnt work in my game: u go to the house of the prof. (like in the classic game). its the upper one, the big one. there u go to the prof. then a text message appears. then u talk to the prof. then go to the pokeballs, look at them (both). then the profs comes closer. u go to him. then choose one pokemon. and then he should go to the pc. but instead of going to the pc he just goes one step up. and i dont know why.
so good sleep XD i go and get lunch :P

EDIT:
Now i have created the first battle route, but it doesnt work..i used bushes all over the way, but the enemies doesnt appear. do i have to do special settings??

Last edited:

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
Years
EDIT:
Now i have created the first battle route, but it doesnt work..i used bushes all over the way, but the enemies doesnt appear. do i have to do special settings??

Follow the instructions in the encounters.txt file

should look something like this;

Code:
# This text file is for placing encounter data for each map.  This file will be converted
# to a runtime format when you run a playtest of the game from RPG Maker XP.
# To change the wild Pokemon, edit the file encounters.txt in the game folder, and then run a playtest of the game from RPG Maker XP, since it sets the $DEBUG global variable to true. If you already tried to edit that file, I'm afraid the instructions there weren't clear enough. The game doesn't use the text file directly, but rather accesses the data in a compiled form. If the $DEBUG global variable is set to true when the game starts, the game will compile the text file to a format that it can understand.
# Each section begins with an ID of the map (check the middle of the status bar),
# then contains a line containing the densities for land, caves, and water, then
# one or more subsections.  Each subsection contains one of the following:
#  Land - For grass, etc.
#  Cave - For caves, etc.
#  Water - For water.
#  RockSmash - Encounters after smashing a rock
#  OldRod - Fished with Old Rod
#  GoodRod - Fished with Good Rod
#  SuperRod - Fished with Super Rod
# After that follows the encounter data.  For Land and Cave encounter types,
# each entry must have a species and level, separated by commas.  Rarer
# species should be placed lower in the list.  For all other encounter types,
# each entry must have a species, minimum level, and maximum level, separated by
# commas.  Each species entered must be capitalized with no spaces.  Note
# in particular the following cases:
#   NIDORANmA, NIDORANfE, FARFETCHD, MR_MIME, PORYGON2
# Depending on the encounter type, the number of entries required varies:
#  Land/Cave: 12 entries (20, 20, 10, 10, 10, 10, 5, 5, 4, 1)
#  Water/RockSmash: 5 entries (60,30,5,4,1)
#  OldRod: 2 entries (70, 30)
#  GoodRod: 3 entries (60, 20, 20)
#  SuperRod: 5 entries (40, 40, 15, 4, 1)
011 # ID of the map (check the middle of the status bar)
25,10,10 # Comma-separated line with Land, Cave, Water densities (25 is average)
Land # One of Land/Cave/Water/RockSmash/OldRod/GoodRod/SuperRod
PIDGEY,22
RATTATA,32
PIDGEY,32
RATTATA,32
RATTATA,32
PIDGEY,32
RATTATA,32
RATTATA,42
PIDGEY,42
RATTATA,42
PIDGEY,42
MEW,2
Water
MAGIKARP,2
GOLDEEN,3
POLIWAG,3
FEEBAS,3
FEEBAS,3

Of course, you would change it for your game...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
lol okay, sorry XD my english is soo bad ^^'

so now a little bit slower:
what i want/need: combination of the event-appearing-function. with the variable and selfswitch i made to let an event appear, after another one was activated. now i want to let the appeared one also activates another event.

and what doesnt work in my game: u go to the house of the prof. (like in the classic game). its the upper one, the big one. there u go to the prof. then a text message appears. then u talk to the prof. then go to the pokeballs, look at them (both). then the profs comes closer. u go to him. then choose one pokemon. and then he should go to the pc. but instead of going to the pc he just goes one step up. and i dont know why.
so good sleep XD i go and get lunch :P

EDIT:

There is a "notes" file, and an "encounters" files, you need to read them and edit the encounters one, that should fix that problem for you.

And i found the movement problem, your movement route for prof. isn't right. you need to edit it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
What is the meta? How to use that?

The Meta thing controles stuff like where you go when you die, or weather or not you have to be on the bike on the map.

Now for my question, is there a way to make the map look like it's raining? like the tree top place in Pokemon sapphire? (i think it was raining...)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The metadata doesn't currently have a setting for weather effects, though that's a good idea.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
The metadata doesn't currently have a setting for weather effects, though that's a good idea.

ack! (i just ment if it's possable to make things on the board itself, as an event) anyways, HELP!

you can see one of the other boards from another board! what happened?

-BlackShadow-

Shadow King
Years
  • Age 28
  • U.S.
  • Seen Jul 13, 2009
Once Again.......

Once Again I Need Your Help Flameguru. Can You Tell Me.....
|
|
V​
1) How Can I Change The Starting Pokemon?

2) How Can I Change The Main Characters Sprite? I All Ready Have The Sprite Set.

3) How Can I Edit The Intro?

Thank You In Advance.....

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Once Again I Need Your Help Flameguru. Can You Tell Me.....
|
|
V​
1) How Can I Change The Starting Pokemon?

2) How Can I Change The Main Characters Sprite? I All Ready Have The Sprite Set.

3) How Can I Edit The Intro?

Thank You In Advance.....

I have a guide on my forums, check it out ;)

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
Years
Whoa! This is progressing really smoothly Poccil, I sadly have yet another question. >.<;;

How do you give characters unique music in battles?
For example I want a certain BGM for normal trainers.
A certain one for Gym leaders and a certain one for Rivals.

Btw: The custom item, "Lab Key" Did you put that there for me? xD

Also, the newly implented Day/Night System. Is there anyeay to control it?
For example can you automattically change the time of day through an event?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Whoa! This is progressing really smoothly Poccil, I sadly have yet another question. >.<;;

How do you give characters unique music in battles?
For example I want a certain BGM for normal trainers.
A certain one for Gym leaders and a certain one for Rivals.

Btw: The custom item, "Lab Key" Did you put that there for me? xD

Also, the newly implented Day/Night System. Is there anyeay to control it?
For example can you automattically change the time of day through an event?

Changing the music for a Trainer is relatively easy. Go the event page for the Trainer and insert an event command called "Play ME" to the top of the list of event commands.

The "Lab Key" is just an illustration of a custom Key Item.

The day-and-night system relies on the system time and not on an internal timing mechanism. I don't believe there is a way to set the system time in RGSS.

I should also note by the way, that I have managed to shrink the size of the game screen by half. This feature is available in the game's "Screen Size" option and will be part of the next release.

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
Years
Changing the music for a Trainer is relatively easy. Go the event page for the Trainer and insert an event command called "Play ME" to the top of the list of event commands.

The "Lab Key" is just an illustration of a custom Key Item.

The day-and-night system relies on the system time and not on an internal timing mechanism. I don't believe there is a way to set the system time in RGSS.

Thanks Pocill, That helpled allot!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
So, Pocill, what features have you thought up so far that you are PLANING on putting in the S.K.? (i said planning because i mean features that arn't yet in it)

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Maybe pocill put. Pokenav, contests, weathers, trading for pokemons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back