• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I think out of the remaining Kalos Grass lines (Pumpkaboo, Skiddo and Phantump) it'd most likely be Skiddo.

I don't think Ash would catch a Skiddo, though. He's already had plenty of experiences with Gogoat from Dec. so you'd think he would go with something different. I can't see Ash going with Pumpkaboo or Phantump because he never uses Ghost types (and the one time that he did it didn't work out very well). Perhaps he'll use one of his older Grass type Pokémon, similar to the Charizard scenario from AiUaB.

I'm going to agree with Anna and say that he should get something other than a Grass type. I know that he's always had a Grass type starter but after BW, anything can happen. I'm hoping that his team gets changed up for once :P

Years
I don't think Ash would catch a Skiddo, though. He's already had plenty of experiences with Gogoat from Dec. so you'd think he would go with something different. I can't see Ash going with Pumpkaboo or Phantump because he never uses Ghost types (and the one time that he did it didn't work out very well). Perhaps he'll use one of his older Grass type Pokémon, similar to the Charizard scenario from AiUaB.

I'm going to agree with Anna and say that he should get something other than a Grass type. I know that he's always had a Grass type starter but after BW, anything can happen. I'm hoping that his team gets changed up for once :P

I do know he hasn't owned a Ghost-type yet, but I'm not sure if the two Ghost/Grass lines even have that Ash vibe to me. But yeah, if he still has to use a Grass-type he could use one of his older-generation Grass-types although given he usually showcases the latest-gen Pokemon there could be a chance the trend may be broken due to the lack of new Pokemon in comparison to older generations.

I'm hoping he catches an Espurr, he hasn't owned a Psychic-type yet either. I'm alright for the writers wanting to change things up for his team to make up for the lack of new Pokemon. I could see his Fletchling cover Fire and Flying when it evolves, which is expected since all his birds evolve.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Bottom line is , Ash must catch a Ghost , Psychic , Steel or Fairy Pokemon.
And now writer has perfect opportunity give Ash a Ghost type while following the usual pattern .
But Writer decide to break the pattern right then .
I Don't Care If Ash Get A Grass Type Or Not But He Better Get Himself A Ghost Type.
And there only 3 of them .
Off course if Ash catch's an Aegislash then it will cover both Ghost & Steel Type .
And I do want An Aegislash to be attracted to Ash's Leadership quality and start following him.
But , Does anyone here imagine Ash with Aegislash ????
Ash aint Iris who can get free Dragonite !!!
IF Ash catch Aegislash then all he has to do is to catch Meowstic & a fairy type from other region to cover all type .

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Bottom line is , Ash must catch a Ghost , Psychic , Steel or Fairy Pokemon.
I would prefer him to catch one of those types, but he doesn't have to :\ He could get a Klefki and kill two Pidgey with one stone. With someone having a Dedenne, I don't think Ash will catch a Fairy type.

I Don't Care If Ash Get A Grass Type Or Not But He Better Get Himself A Ghost Type.
And there only 3 of them .
That's the problem. There are only three of them so I don't think he'll get a Ghost type. He is overdue for actually catching one but I don't see it happening. Ghost types are not often used by Trainers in the anime.

IF Ash catch Aegislash then all he has to do is to catch Meowstic & a fairy type from other region to cover all type .
Meowstic is a very eligible Psychic Pokémon for Ash to catch. It's fairly fast (Ash tends to use fast Pokémon) and I can see the gender differences being a big deal in the anime.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I would prefer him to catch one of those types, but he doesn't have to :\ He could get a Klefki and kill two Pidgey with one stone. With someone having a Dedenne, I don't think Ash will catch a Fairy type.
Meowstic is a very eligible Psychic Pokémon for Ash to catch. It's fairly fast (Ash tends to use fast Pokémon) and I can see the gender differences being a big deal in the anime.
We all know that Writer prefer Pokemon who can go on a cute adventure with Pikachu .
Unfortunately fully evolve Pokemon like Samurott , Serperior , Emboar & Gigalith doesn't fit the description.
They need cute Pokemon like Oshawott , Snivy & Scarggy for that.
Now
Writer can ether keep Froakie under-evolve Or They can give Ash other cute playful type Pokemon (Fully evolve if possible) So Froakie can afford to evolve into Greninja.
And ''Gourgeist'' , ''Meowstic'' & ''Granbull'' fit The Description.
Just imagine , A playful ''Gourgeist'' who play frank on Ash & Pikachu until Ash realize that it trying to play with them and he catch it .
Think-
Clemont's Chespin : New Oshawott
Female Meowstic : New Snivy
Gourgeist : The Frankstar of the Group.
Granbull : The new Scarggy .
That's the problem. There are only three of them so I don't think he'll get a Ghost type. He is overdue for actually catching one but I don't see it happening. Ghost types are not often used by Trainers in the anime.
Ghost type are used by plenty trainer in this anime despite being rare type .
Plus Ash Or any main character didn't had a Dark type until BW series Where Ash catch's 2 Dark type Pokemon.

Last edited:

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
Years
Ash has never officially owned a ghost type before, so unless that changes he'll probably end up with a Skiddo. Phantump might be a possibility, but I doubt he'd get a Pumpkaboo.

Though I'm very excited for obvious reasons! Look who was in the preview in the next episode! It's unlikely anyone will catch one. So I'll stick with my guess of Skiddo.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
So Jessie got herself a Pumpkaboo!!!
That should be enough Pokemon for Jessie & James ! There no need to give them any more Pokemon .
I mean , What Do they will do with More Pokemon ???
Its not like they have any Positive goal is their life ! And Whatever Goal they have it not something we want coming though .
Not after DP Series
There no need to give Jessie & James any more good Pokemon who job will be regularly getting their ass-kicked by Ash & the other characters .
They are stock Like Ash ! just like Ash can't be a Pokemon Master until the end , The same Jessie & James can't have a positive and have a good life.
I heard rumor about Jessie getting a Litleo But I hope it doesn't come true because Litleo deserve to be Ash's Pokemon !

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I can see Ash getting a Skiddo and a Litleo since these two Pokemon suits Ash's team a whole lot better.

I don't see Totodile ever evolving since he is a strong pokemon and he have way too much personality for that to ever happen.

I hope he does get a Skiddo and Litleo, these pokemon will be the best thing on his Kalos team.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Current episode shown that Ash & Co need a Pokemon Translator Because they could never figure out Pangoro's problem without Meowth's help .
That Why I still believe that Ash should catch his own talking Pokemon .
May be A Lucario who can transfer his thought to Ash Or A shiny Meowstic who was experimented by some Evil scientist.
By the Way ,
Wouldn't it be cool if Hypothetically Ash encounter a same-aged serious female rival with Braxien after he catchs a Lucario ???
Get it , Lucario Vs Braxien
250px-448Lucario.png
250px-654Braixen.png

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
There's also the chance Ash catches a Clauncher, because he always.tends to use crustacean-like Pokémon.

I think female Meowstic suits Serena a whole lot better, and maybe Ash will have a male Meowstic.

My prediction of the teams at the end of the Kalos saga:
Ash's team:
Pikachu - Greninja - Talonflame - Clauncher - Pancham/Pangoro - Bergmite/Avalugg/Male Meowstic

Serena'sTeam: Braixen/Delphox -Female Meowstic -Sylveon - Goodra - Noibat

Clemont: Bunnelby - Dedenne - Heliolisk - Quilladin

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I also find a new team-
Main-
025.png
663.png
658.png
711-h.png
448-m.png
545.png

Additional -
678-f.png
210.png

Kalo only has35 evolutionary line Pokemon unless ''Pokemon Z'' reveal brand new Pokemon from another region within Kalo ! So there aren't many Pokemon for Ash to have in this gen and if he gets all the cool Pokemon then what will Other character will have ?
So Its better if Ash catchs 4 Pokemon and rest of place are filled by other Gen's Pokemon .
Honestly , I want Ash to have a good ride-able that isn't Fire Or grass type Pokemon and Scolipede is the only came into my mind .
It big and fast for its heavy body . I want to see the scene where Ash & gang are being carried by scolipede !
Plus , Aren't the second reason behind ''Fairy Type'' is to promote underused Poison type ! Ash doesn't have any Position type expect Bulbasaur & Muk ! Seriously , Ash should have caught a Scolipede instate of another grass type.

Years
There's also the chance Ash catches a Clauncher, because he always.tends to use crustacean-like Pokémon.
He's probably not going to catch Clauncher considering he already has Froakie as a Water-type. With such a small amount of Pokemon available I doubt they're going to go for rotation again, so there's not really any point doubling up on types if he's only going to catch five or six Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I will be really mad if Ash doesn't get ether a Meowstic Or Gourgeist ???
After all , Ash has to lose to a Kindergarten teacher because Sylevon is too marketable Pokemon Yet Writer ignore marketable choice like Meowstic & Gourgeist.
Specially since Froakie has to lose the upcoming battle against the Ninja's Frogadier in future , Its the worst time for Froakie to lose to a Sylveon or anyone else
Because Froakie defect frogadier then it would mean froakies not evolving into Greninja !!! That one rare win will cause all underdevelopment of Froakie in Future .
If Ash caught a Fennekin then he could finally have Psychic type by evolving it So Writer should gave Ash a Psychic type .
There no need to give Espurr Or Meowstic to Serena just because it cute ! Pokemon like Swirlix fit much better for Serena .
Emotionless and constraint Pokemon Espurr & Meowstic suit Ash .

He's probably not going to catch Clauncher considering he already has Froakie as a Water-type. With such a small amount of Pokemon available I doubt they're going to go for rotation again, so there's not really any point doubling up on types if he's only going to catch five or six Pokemon.

What if Ash catch's Pokemon from other Gen ???
After all , its 6th Generation and 6 is very special number in Pokemon . Who knows , May be Ash might call 6 different pokemon from 6 different gen !
Plus , Aren't there some pokemon who had such a good chemistry with Ash that people wanted them to be Ash's Pokemon? Like this guy-
522.jpg

It was such good Pokemon and had a such a great chemistry with Ash but Ash wasn't allowed to catch because of the electric rat called Pikachu .
May be , He can catch it now and send to Prof sycamore ?
After all , Professor Sycamore is the 3rd professor to give Ash a Pokedex So wouldn't it be unfair if he doesn't receive any Pokemon from Ash to keep ???

Last edited:
Years
What if Ash catch's Pokemon from other Gen ???
Why would he? The anime exists pretty much just to advertise the current generation. Unless the Pokemon has a mega evolution (or possibly a future gen evolution) I don't expect anything that wasn't introduced in XY to be caught.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Why would he? The anime exists pretty much just to advertise the current generation. Unless the Pokemon has a mega evolution (or possibly a future gen evolution) I don't expect anything that wasn't introduced in XY to be caught.

You said it Yourself , There aren't many Pokemon in Kalo and if Ash & gang catch all the cool pokemon then will other people (referring & rival) will get !!! Even giving Ash 5 kalo Pokemon seem to much .
Plus , Writer can reintroduce some Pokemon for Marketing purpose .
For example , Scolipede make a great rideable Pokemon with 122 speed and 2.5 height . It can Ash and gang easily !
One of reason Fairy type was introduce because Dragon type was Overpowered and Poison type weren't that Popular So It would be good if Ash get to catch a poison type after a long time .
Also , Pokemon Z might introduce new Megevolution So there that !

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2020
ash did get a gligar in sinnoh when i think platinum was not yet out (no one forsees the expanded pokedex at that moment)

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Before discussing Ash's Pokemon , I think we should discuss which Pokemon has the best potential to be an Anime Mascot .
Because That what writer/Director aiming for ! They want or need Ash to catch mascot Pokemon like Oshawott , Scraggy , Snivy , Buizel etc .
Writer want Ash & gang to have Pokemon who can work well as a Mascot and make people buy Billions of toys & Merchandise !!!
And XY series has only 35 evolutionary line of Pokemon So there less Pokemon to chose from .
Plus , Writer need to keep some Good Pokemon out of Ash's hand to make other character look cool as well.
So Potential mascot are-

Spoiler:

We must narrow it down ! However , Mascot doesn't have to be little & Cute ! For example Charizard.
Charizard is overwhelmingly popular because it look like a Dragon which happen to be One of ''Creature'' Kids loves .
This also mean that Tyrunt & Tyrantrum has huge Potential as a Mascot because Most kids are crazy about Dinosaur !!! That why there are so many Kid show that feature Dinosaur (Mainly T-rex)!
Question is , Does Kids loves Cute little Dinosaur Or Big Dinosaur .
Well , Ash already has Totodile & Gible that look like a cute little Dinosaur However they lose that look after their Evolution.But Ash doesn't any Pokemon that would look like a huge Dinosaur So may be Tyranturm might be better mascot to attract Kids .
Plus, Kids also like Cats and Jack-o-lanton making Meowstic & Gourgeist a perfect mascot .

Last edited:

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
I hope he doesn't get any grass type but instead a type that is really out of nowhere. would be nice for him to do a region without a grass type. and if the theme song is proof looks like he won't get a fire type since he seems to get Fletchling which can take the role of a regular fire type. So yeah home the Lucario people say appear in the japanese theme is his like in the games. Also would like to see him get an Absol. If we do get Hoenn remakes hope he gets a Mudkip or Blaziken.

Not sure on the others since Clemont and Bonnie just appeared and have no idea what Serena is like.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Gogoat would be nice to have. He could ride the Gogoat while his other companions rider their own Pokemon themselves (ex: Serena would ride her Ryhorn :) )

Also, it would be cool if Ash had a fossil Pokemon, Tyrunt would be very, very nice.

Years
Before discussing Ash's Pokemon , I think we should discuss which Pokemon has the best potential to be an Anime Mascot .
Because That what writer/Director aiming for ! They want or need Ash to catch mascot Pokemon like Oshawott , Scraggy , Snivy , Buizel etc .
Writer want Ash & gang to have Pokemon who can work well as a Mascot and make people buy Billions of toys & Merchandise !!!
And XY series has only 35 evolutionary line of Pokemon So there less Pokemon to chose from .
Plus , Writer need to keep some Good Pokemon out of Ash's hand to make other character look cool as well.
So Potential mascot are-

Spoiler:

We must narrow it down ! However , Mascot doesn't have to be little & Cute ! For example Charizard.
Charizard is overwhelmingly popular because it look like a Dragon which happen to be One of ''Creature'' Kids loves .
This also mean that Tyrunt & Tyrantrum has huge Potential as a Mascot because Most kids are crazy about Dinosaur !!! That why there are so many Kid show that feature Dinosaur (Mainly T-rex)!
Question is , Does Kids loves Cute little Dinosaur Or Big Dinosaur .
Well , Ash already has Totodile & Gible that look like a cute little Dinosaur However they lose that look after their Evolution.But Ash doesn't any Pokemon that would look like a huge Dinosaur So may be Tyranturm might be better mascot to attract Kids .
Plus, Kids also like Cats and Jack-o-lanton making Meowstic & Gourgeist a perfect mascot .

Out of the Pokemon you mentioned in that spoiler, I think the most likely ones I'd see with Ash would be Pancham, Skiddo, Phantump and Espurr/Meowstic. I'm at least hoping he gets one of those four I mentioned because if Ash needs a different Grass-type to make up for lack of Chespin I'd most likely see Skiddo or Phantump, because Jessie already has Pumpkaboo. Plus, Phantump could be a good opportunity to give him his first Ghost-type.

Also, if he does get an Espurr (hopefully evolve into Meowstic) it would be a great chance for his first Psychic as well, out of the two Meowstic genders I think the male one suits him but I'm fine with either one.

Plus, should he get Pancham I can imagine it being like Scraggy personality-wise.

Back