• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Years
Project: Generation 6 Release (updated for v16)
For Pokémon Essentials

WELCOME!

*Disclaimer - Please read the entire post*
*Disclaimer 2 - Pokecommunity has a problem with its formatting, which breaks scripts. Please click Thread Tools > Printable Version why you copy these scripts. If you have a "Syntax Error" problem, I will not respond*

Welcome to the Gen 6 Project v16 Public Release!

Seeing as v16 itself has included many of the features of this original project, the nature of this project has changed. Instead of being an entire project directory, it will consist of a few PBS files updated for Gen 6 (pokemon.txt, moves.txt, abilities.txt, types.txt, items.txt, and tm.txt). When replacing your PBS files with mine, please keep in mind that these are edits of the ones from v16, if you've made changes to yours you should make those changes in these before replacing.

DOWNLOAD

I've made the download for the battler seperate simply because the files are pretty big. Put the battlers in Graphics/Battlers. Very simple.
However, note that these animated battlers will not be animated in default Essentials, and are intended for use with Elite Battle System. If you are not using that, I would look elsewhere for static sprites.
Download the battler sprites (the Gen 6 animated kind) here: Download

Download the PBS files here.
Movesets are based on ORAS movesets
Download : Version 1.1.0

I've removed the need for editing the evolution scripts, and just used the types from v16. Note that this involved editing the pokemon.txt file, so redownload that.

SCRIPTS

The remaining scripts from the Gen 6 project can be found in this Scripts and Tutorials section, as separate scripts.  The exception being the ability messages, which is something that I can't easily put in a separate section.
Follow the instructions carefully.
Better PokeCenters
Trade From your PC
Type Based TM/HM Icons
Sky Battles + Inverse Battles

CREDITS

Credits are required, so please give them.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials

Original first posts:

mej71's Post (Original Gen 6 release)
Spoiler:

WorldSlayer's Post
Spoiler:

Pokemon Trainer Jackey's OP
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2018
Awesome! I tried to add that myself but I was having trouble with the new abilities especially with competitive, I did figured out how to add pixilate. Good luck ;D

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2018
Thanks for doing this, I'm looking forward to any progress you make =D

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I'm actually updating on working pokemon.txt to include the new Pokèmon, but I haven't added the abilities or moves quite yet.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Please synchronize the additions or lots of rework would be done and your additions will be forgotten in the future.

I wish that maruno add these changes for the base essentials, let's make something like "The All Animations Project".

Also, the mega evolution discussion.

G-Master

Lead of Pokémon Roll
Years
  • Age 29
  • AZ
  • Seen May 10, 2022
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
Awesome! I tried to add that myself but I was having trouble with the new abilities especially with competitive, I did figured out how to add pixilate. Good luck ;D

Thanks. If you manage to script the abilities could you share them here? We must also remember that some old abilities have had their effects altered a bit.

Thanks for doing this, I'm looking forward to any progress you make =D

Thanks, and no problem!

I'm actually updating on working pokemon.txt to include the new Pokèmon, but I haven't added the abilities or moves quite yet.

Yeah I actually planned for the new pokémon to be one of the last things to add, since there's no point in adding them before we have their abilities and moves working. Even once we complete the abilities and moves, we still have to update the movesets of all the old pokémon first, as well as add the new abilities to old pokemon that have them (including Mega Evolutions). If you do add the new pokémon though, could you share them with me? I didn't made this thread solely to show MY work, this is supposed to be a joint effort like the All Animations Project.

Please synchronize the additions or lots of rework would be done and your additions will be forgotten in the future.

I wish that maruno add these changes for the base essentials, let's make something like "The All Animations Project".

Also, the mega evolution discussion.

Synchronise? I'm sorry, given the context I really don't understand the word.

I thought I did the Fairy type graphics pretty well if you want to take a look at them.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/onbo.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/gpb0.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/zegi.png/

The only thing I feel obligated to note is that I put Fairy type in the text file BEFORE Shadow, so those may need switched if they are ever used with an unmodded types.txt.

Hey they're really good! I'm gonna use them instead, and update the main post to say the graphics were created by you.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
By Synchronize, I believe FL. is saying that you should get together with the other tidbits of Gen 6 going on here and get everything into a single package along with those resource managers. For example, there is a thread going over the Gen 6 Pokemon cries in the resource section. There are a few others working on things like the Items as well.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
Oh, ok. Yeah, I'm gonna check that, talk to the other people working in updating essentials too.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Yeah I actually planned for the new pokémon to be one of the last things to add, since there's no point in adding them before we have their abilities and moves working. Even once we complete the abilities and moves, we still have to update the movesets of all the old pokémon first, as well as add the new abilities to old pokemon that have them (including Mega Evolutions). If you do add the new pokémon though, could you share them with me? I didn't made this thread solely to show MY work, this is supposed to be a joint effort like the All Animations Project.
All the abilities working or just listed in PBS? If you wish to have abilities/move effects working before add new pokémon, we even wouldn't have the gen 4 pokémon now.

By Synchronize, I believe FL. is saying that you should get together with the other tidbits of Gen 6 going on here and get everything into a single package along with those resource managers. For example, there is a thread going over the Gen 6 Pokemon cries in the resource section. There are a few others working on things like the Items as well.
Yeah, but also avoid two people to do the same thing in parallel. I saw at least three different people adding gen 6 pokémon. Anyway I guess that you're in the right track!

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
Thanks, and while I did say "working", what I meant was just having them in the PBS. I worded it poorly: the abilities, editing the PBS is all that's really necessary, but we can't really update the pokémon's movesets while the moves themselves don't work.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Thanks, and while I did say "working", what I meant was just having them in the PBS. I worded it poorly: the abilities, editing the PBS is all that's really necessary, but we can't really update the pokémon's movesets while the moves themselves don't work.
If you add a damaging move with an unscripted effect, just the effect don't work, the move inflict the damage.

Even now, some of the gen 4 moves in Essentials just does nothing.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
Oh really? I though it'd cause an error in the game. Well, if that's the case then we can make the moves and abilities before scripting ability effects and function codes. Well, thanks.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2018
Finally at home!

Here's how I added pixilate
Spoiler:

First checks is the move is normal type and then if the user has the ability pixilate it will change the move type to fairy.

Aerilate and Refrigerate could be added just by modifiying the previous script. (list of new abilities and their effects http://www.serebii.net/xy/abilities.shtml)

Then to change the duration of the weather abilities, in PokeBattle_Battler we need to change -1 to 5 and that's it.

Spoiler:

Did't have time to do more changes but I don't think it would be very difficult to update the old abilities (list of updated abilities http://www.serebii.net/xy/updatedabilities.shtml)

Hope this help you, good luck with this project ;D

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2018
What about these changes?

-Ghost pokémon are not affected by Mean Look.
-Eletric Pokémon can't be paralyzed. (Similar to Fire Pokémon immunity to Burns and Poison and Steel Pokémon immunity to Poison)
-Grass Pokémon are immune to Spore, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder and Poison Powder. (Similar to Leech Seed)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2018
What about these changes?

-Ghost pokémon are not affected by Mean Look.
-Eletric Pokémon can't be paralyzed. (Similar to Fire Pokémon immunity to Burns and Poison and Steel Pokémon immunity to Poison)
-Grass Pokémon are immune to Spore, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder and Poison Powder. (Similar to Leech Seed)
Oh yeah, I already added those, let me see...

Here we go:

Mean Look and Shadow Tag:

Search for SHADOWTAG in PokeBattle_Battle and add && !thispkmn.pbHasType?(:GHOST)

It should look like this:

Code:
    if !isConst?(thispkmn.ability,PBAbilities,:SHADOWTAG)  && !thispkmn.pbHasType?(:GHOST)
      opp=opp1 if isConst?(opp1.ability,PBAbilities,:SHADOWTAG) && opp1.hp>0
      opp=opp2 if isConst?(opp2.ability,PBAbilities,:SHADOWTAG) && opp2.hp>0
    end
For MeanLook just look for class PokeBattle_Move_0EF and before the "if opponent.effects[PBEffects::MeanLook]>=0 ||" add

Code:
    if opponent.pbHasType?(:GHOST)
      @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("It doesn't affect {1}...",opponent.pbThis))
      return -1
      end
For Electric inmunity to be Paralyzed just go to PokeBattle_Effects and search for Paralize and before "if self.status!=0 || @effects[PBEffects:Substitute]>0" add

Code:
      if pbHasType?(:ELECTRIC)
      @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} can't be paralyzed...",pbThis(true))) if showMessages
      return false
    end
And for grass inmunity to the powders just create a new funcion code with the effect you want and add

Code:
    if opponent.pbHasType?(:GRASS)
      @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("It doesn't affect {1}...",opponent.pbThis(true)))
      return -1
    end

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
Wow Alex. Thanks, that's a lot. Some things though:

1) in addition to changing a move's type, Refrigerate and clones also increase the move's Power by 30%.

2) In addition to Mean Look and Shadow Tag, Ghost Type Pokémon are immune to the trapping effect of Spider Web, Block, Shadow Hold, Arena Trap and Magnet Pull. Though that is easy to add by copying what you did with Mean Look and Shadow Tag.

3) Defining Function Codes would be too comlpicated for a variety of reasons. I think it'd be easier to make a new category of move, Powder Moves, which would work just like Sound Based Moves. Wheter a move is or isn't part of one of these groups would be defined by a flag in the PBS(just like with Sound Based Moves) and so Grass-type Pokémon would be immune to Powder Moves just like Pokémon with Soundproof are immune to Sound Based Moves. Also, Pokémon with the Overcoat ability and Pokémon holding the Safety Goggles item are likewise immune to Powder Moves.

And speaking of Sound Based Moves, starting this Gen they bypass Substitute.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2018
Wow Alex. Thanks, that's a lot. Some things though:

1) in addition to changing a move's type, Refrigerate and clones also increase the move's Power by 30%.

2) In addition to Mean Look and Shadow Tag, Ghost Type Pokémon are immune to the trapping effect of Spider Web, Block, Shadow Hold, Arena Trap and Magnet Pull. Though that is easy to add by copying what you did with Mean Look and Shadow Tag.

3) Defining Function Codes would be too comlpicated for a variety of reasons. I think it'd be easier to make a new category of move, Powder Moves, which would work just like Sound Based Moves. Wheter a move is or isn't part of one of these groups would be defined by a flag in the PBS(just like with Sound Based Moves) and so Grass-type Pokémon would be immune to Powder Moves just like Pokémon with Soundproof are immune to Sound Based Moves. Also, Pokémon with the Overcoat ability and Pokémon holding the Safety Goggles item are likewise immune to Powder Moves.

And speaking of Sound Based Moves, starting this Gen they bypass Substitute.
1) I don't think it will be too difficult to script, you already have half the code.

2) Yeah I forgot about those abilities.

3) I thought the same thing but did't figure out how to do it, so instead I used a new funtion code, let me see...

Code:
class PokeBattle_Move_133 < PokeBattle_Move
  def pbEffect(attacker,opponent)
    return super(attacker,opponent) if @basedamage>0
    if opponent.pbHasType?(:GRASS)
      @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Parece no afectar a \n{1}...",opponent.pbThis(true)))
      return -1
    end
    if opponent.pbCanSleep?(true)
      @battle.pbAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent)
      opponent.pbSleep
      @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("¡{1} se durmió!",opponent.pbThis))
      return 0
    end
    return -1
  end
  def pbAdditionalEffect(attacker,opponent)
    if opponent.pbCanSleep?(false)
      opponent.pbSleep
      @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("¡{1} se durmió!",opponent.pbThis))
      return true
    end
    return false
  end
end
Text is in spanish but that isn't important, I used that code for Sleep Powder and Spore I believe and to fix the other moves I added this to their funtion codes:

Code:
     if isConst?(@id,PBMoves,:POISONPOWDER) && opponent.pbHasType?(:GRASS)
        @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Parece no afectar a \n{1}...",opponent.pbThis(true)))
        return -1
      end
That way if you use PoisonPowder and your opponent is Grass type then the move will fail.

Chrisario

Friend code :0018 2912 2366 let me know
Years
So how can I add Chespin and hes's evolved forms?Because every time I try to test it the game gives me an error sometthing when that happens when I add it

Here is the error I get

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back