• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokémon game do you 'miss'?

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Replying twice in a span of about two weeks ;D. Anyways, I miss the Generation 1/2 days when the game was arguably at the peak of its popularity. I still own Generation 1(Yellow) but no one plays the classics anymore(likely a hint I should join Generation 7 already).

Lol omg I already forgot I'd replayed this already..
Anyway yes- XY <3

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Black and White, definitely. *Nostalgic sigh* Having started with DP when I was a kid, gen V was the first generation I actually got to watch unfold. I remember being on another Pokemon forum as the leaks came out...Feeling the hype of an entire fandom around me. Seeing the starters for the first time and falling absolutely in love with the smug snake, awkward otter and perky pig trio. Seeing everyone decrying Oshawott (my favorite of the bunch) as a stupid ugly derp, and basically vowing in that moment to love it forever. Freaking out over animated sprites!!!! Noticing the fandom's particular and infectious love for the new female character. Panicking when I heard that there would be a tarantula Pokemon, as I'm quite phobic; then looking up a picture of this "Denchura" to find that it's actually kinda cute. The bombshell being dropped that there would be no old Pokemon in this region. The sheer hype!
(...To this day, saying the name "Mijumaru" is enough to make me practically vibrate with nostalgia.)

blue

gucci
Years
i'm replaying through fire red right now and it's made me realise that i've missed those games more than i thought. ultimately though i miss DPPT since i have the fondest memories from that time playing those games.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Probably generation 5. That was before Nintendo/Pokemon Directs and weekly video reveals, and you would have to wait to get information from a leaked issue of CoroCoro or the official website uploading something. Then the map for Black 2/White 2 was posted and people poured over all the clouds for clues.

Something that still happens to this day, for the record.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Emerald. Ironically, it's one of the only Gen III games that I still own, along with FireRed. Unfortunately, the internal battery in it is now dead and I still haven't found the time to replace it, but while the battery was still alive and kicking it held my most nostalgic memories playing Pokemon. My most fond one was when we were at a family get-together, my older cousin realised I'd brought Emerald with me and we decided to play through it together (I was at Mt. Chimney). I was only around 7 years old, so I normally wasn't allowed to stay up past 8, let alone play my GBA, but I pretty much played non-stop, even getting as far as the E4. When we set off back home, it was around 11 at night, and I had the E4 theme ringing in my head all the way back. We've definitely come a long way since the Gen III days, but I'll never forget that one moment in time.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I miss the PMD games, with the constant string of new releases/versions of PMD was p exciting from being a nice refresher from the og Pokémon format

Me too! When I first played Red Rescue Team for the first time, I was just so unimaginably excited!! Like, I could not even believe a Pokémon game like this existed. The Mystery Dungeon series has never failed to keep me immersed in its world or its story, and I would absolutely love to re-experience those feelings of fresh new beginnings once again. =)

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I remember getting back into Pokémon when HeartGold came out. A bunch of my friends played that generation, so I'd have to go with that one.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I tend to get more into even generations than odd ones, and I miss the new phases of several of those games. The two big ones for me are probably Gold and Diamond.

When Gold first came out, I was the first one in my group of friends to get it, and unlike with Red (which I got late), I had no one to spoil the game for me. I loved the sense of exploration and discovery, and it's something I've lost in newer games. I also remember the joy of realizing that I could return to Kanto and tackle eight more gyms in all their nostalgic glory. And beating Red for the first time was awesome (even if it was a bit of a letdown, because I expected to struggle, but didn't).

With Diamond, I have a lot of memories of online gaming and trading, many of them on NSider's forums before they shut down. I remember breeding highly desirable Pokemon to use as trade fodder, trying to grab shinies in giveaways off the GTS, and lots of other excitement, mostly during the summer after Diamond released. As someone who had never had the opportunity to go to an event and collect event Pokemon before, it was also great to finally start on my event collection via online trading.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
I miss a lot. Where I was, Pokemon was never hyped in Gen I and II (at least in my school/my friends), so I missed all of that. It wasn't until Gen III that my friends/school started really getting into it, and even though I don't really like Gen III all that much, it holds some of my best memories of playing with friends and family.
Gen IV is also the same, I didn't have as many friends, but that was when I joined the internet, I remember looking on Psypoke one day and discovering an entire new generation of Pokemon being revealed that I had no idea about. I was obsessed with Toxicroak; because that was the name I could remember LOL. From there I really became obsessed with the anime, and all the main series Gen VI games are incredible. To go back to that time would be great.

After that it never really spoke to me like that again. Gen V/VI/VII were kind of meh and there wasn't that much hype. That said I really do love ORAS and they were some amazing games, and that was the last time I really ever "felt" something for Pokemon.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I miss FRLG so much it hurts. I have no way to play it on a handheld right now and emulating it just isn't the same. I really hope they bring it to the virtual console, or I might have to buy a new GBA to play it lol

Years
I genuinely feel like RSE and DPP are the games that I miss playing the most. While ORAS was a ok re-make of Ruby and Sapphire, it just doesn't compare to the experience that Emerald provided. I've had so many fun memories challenging the Battle Frontier and the Frontier Brains as well as uploading my team to Pokemon Colosseum back then. DPP for a similar reason, although moreso because the journey itself was super fun and playing around with the Poketch was insanely cool to me.

Speaking of Colosseum (and even XD), words can't express how much I miss these games. Colosseum and XD basically kickstarted the darker Pokemon plots before Game Freak really took off with it; Genius Sonority also introduced arguably the most badass character in the Pokemon franchise in Wes. Actually disappointed Game Freak continues to use the whole "10 year old hero(ine)" when they could've just went ballsy and made a chaotic good character like Wes.

Back