• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
As far as the Fire-cow, Kauscalf is my best idea.

"Kaus" is a misspelling of "caus" or "caust", a Greek term that can basically be taken to mean "fire" (most notoriously used in "holocaust"). The other half is "calf" which is pretty obvious what it means. ):

edit: also "Causkalf"

Last edited:

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
That cow is utterly smexy! Milking a flaming cow is dangerous though. Good to see you've expanded on the few fakemon you originally had. If only Strider had an evo!

Beta 3 sounds like it'll have a lot in it. Can't wait.

RedBaron474

I don't even know
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
Well I would name it RedBaron (for no reason whatsoever) :) No but really my name is going to be Flamsteer which roughly translates to "flame bull" in German.

Another name I just thought of would be Kalflare or Calflare which is "calf" with the word "flare" behind it . . . Hope I win!! ;)

Last edited:

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years

"Kaus" is a misspelling of "caus" or "caust", a Greek term that can basically be taken to mean "fire" (most notoriously used in "holocaust"). The other half is "calf" which is pretty obvious what it means. ):

Expanding on Vrai's idea, how about Kausticalf? (Caustic means capable of burning, corroding, or destroying living tissue)

[EDIT] and also make it part poison-type and make it shoot Acid out of its udders... okay never mind, that's a horrible idea D:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Here are a few names:
- Flammacalf
- Fumocalf

Flamma is Latin for Flame, with Calf added on the end.(10 Characters, the name just fits. :D) Fumocalf, same thing, exept Fumo is Latin for Steam.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
It seems like fire cow. I would name it Moocano ( Moo(sound that cow makes) + Volcano). Anyway awesome progress on a hack ! Keep it up.

Years
Volcalf (Volcano Calf)
OR
Bovolc (Bovine Volcano). I wouldn't go for anything "calf", really (despite my suggestion), it seems a little too direct/obvious or something.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
starters.png

Who will you choose?

Water: Ponfant
Grass: Gramet
Fire: ???

Keep these suggestions coming, deadline is Saturday! :>

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
those starters are seksy like me
here are some names

cowcano
fred
milava
uddflare
pochahontas is actually a dude
blattle (blaze & cattle)
pikachu
causmoo (sounds like cosmo 0_0)
charcalf (char meaning charcoal)
infermoo
your mother
infermilk

Years
Calva? Calf and lava. It sort of merges the "f" and "v" sound of calf and lava, respectively, which I think is quite nice. Still, some of the other names are much better and I already have a cameo as a gym leader. :3.

Anyway, I really find the starters appealing, and they are impressively sprited. The concepts are strikingly simple yet effective, and are executed perfectly. You really are lucky to have such an artistically-talented team, Harry. In Beta 3, I think I'll find myself taking Ponfant, both because it sounds the best and is the best concept. I'd also love to see what it's evolutions would be like - I presume that they'd get an angry expression as they evolve (don't ask me why, it just seems that way). Nevertheless, I'd be happy to pick Gramet or the unnamed fake, too.

Great work, Harry, and everyone else working on it. I'm seriously impressed on the most recent updates, guys!

The Cynic

Years
Calflame, Calflam, Milkiln, Milkoal, Kushale, Ushale, Ushignite, Heiflame and Heiflam. Those are all I can think of.

I love this name.

Years
The colours of the Pokemon, they're a bit bright, in my opinion. Have you tried softening them a little? (the actual sprites are fine, I'm primarily talking about the colours of Ponfant and Gramet). They're just that bit too vibrant, IMO. Naturally, they're your own ideas, so if you think they're alright then obviously that's fine, too. But maybe try softening the colours a little, just to see if they look better.

The Cynic

Years
starters.png

Who will you choose?

Didn't see those earlier. They're very well made and coloured but Ponfant looks too similar to Phanpy and Gramet to Monferno. I love the fact that Ponfant looks like it's wearing a nappy (that's diaper to all you non-british folks). As for which I'll choose... I'll post my decision later.

Last edited:

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
starters.png

Who will you choose?

Credit for Sprites: Chibi Robo
Credit for designs: Riceman
Harry obviously forgot~

The colors are fine. For the other suggestion its not like Geam Freak has never mixed up multiple pokemon designs to create a new pokemon, take zoroark as an example. :l

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I've been looking for ROMs to play and came across this one. It seems incredibly well made. I can't download the beta though. As for the starters I would definitely go with Ponfant and cute little diaper. :)

Ketchumall

Soul Trainer
Years
just need to say something, do not know if it was already said but I dont have time to look xP

The pokemart employee just outside atlantic town in heathen pass. . . he gives you a free potion every time you talk to him (and have exited and re-entered the map)

Also I cant figure out how to get through Nile City, I'm just plain lost *sigh*

*EDIT* can you send this answer to my page someone? as a message lol, dont want to fill this up with random messages, and despite not being able to get through Nile city this game is sweet xP, so far I have Swablu, Minun, and Cyndiquil. . . also can I get notices posted to my userpage when the beta is released, I'll probably be checking everyday but still.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
This hack is very interesting ^^

The letter of Poor Old Steven is under the desk, right beside the papers for taking wishes, you search right there, just 1 or 2 steps up from it.

I report a problem with beta 2.22 version. Right when you defeat the Rocket team captain (raising Sudowoodo), I walk out the God Damn Long Way Forest and... freeze :(

I send you the save file

Back