• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Indigo League

A few questions about the camera (fill out after you try the newest beta)

• Total voters
Years
Is this game, still ongoing? Because the downloadlinks are from 2013 :D

The game is still being developed friend, if you have any ideas or feedback for example, on the current graphical engine vs the demo version feel free to digress. Work takes longer with the new engine so I can't just do 15 mins here and there to get through it graphically..

I know it might seem like 2013 was ages ago, but in reality it's not that long friend, I started this project in about '09 or something, going back even further, it was just a vague idea in my head in '06 and it was a childhood wish prior to that. Now look how far we've come ;)

Patience is an art friend, if you'd like to see it developed any quicker you are free to lend a hand.
However, I do have some more free time to work on it and I'm doing so right now :D

Next building to have a custom sprite job will be Oak's Lab!
In the near future:
  • Viridian City Pokemon Center (very large)
  • Viridian City Police Station
  • Xanadu Nursery (very large)
  • Oak's Wind Turbine

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
oh hey good to hear this is still in progress, I was worried it was done for myself. Keep it going Meerkat.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
The game is still being developed friend, if you have any ideas or feedback for example, on the current graphical engine vs the demo version feel free to digress. Work takes longer with the new engine so I can't just do 15 mins here and there to get through it graphically..

I know it might seem like 2013 was ages ago, but in reality it's not that long friend, I started this project in about '09 or something, going back even further, it was just a vague idea in my head in '06 and it was a childhood wish prior to that. Now look how far we've come ;)

Patience is an art friend, if you'd like to see it developed any quicker you are free to lend a hand.
However, I do have some more free time to work on it and I'm doing so right now :D

Next building to have a custom sprite job will be Oak's Lab!
In the near future:
  • Viridian City Pokemon Center (very large)
  • Viridian City Police Station
  • Xanadu Nursery (very large)
  • Oak's Wind Turbine

Thank you for the info, but when everyone said, the game were dead, I belived them. So I'm glad <3

By the way: the cutscreens is not workin' for me

Last edited by a moderator:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
yeah the cutscenes were broken for me too, I dunno what's wrong there. It might be fixed in the next update.

Years
I uploaded a video to the 1st post of a 23-minute playthrough of the demo for anyone who might've been left out.
The cutscenes will be addressed soon enough, the focus mainly is on spriting and remapping atm.

Years
How far into the anime can you go in the demo right now, and will we be able to date Misty? Cause Ash should've dated Misty. Also if you decide to go past Johto can you make an option for Misty to not leave, or at least have a long distance relationship with Ash?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
This looks really amazing and I love how you reproduce the anime in this but in the playthrough video it seems like the whole thing is just one big event. The player rarely seems to moving or doing anything by himself. I hope this critique point helps.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
yeah a few too many cutscenes made it hard to get through the start when I first played.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
Hello all, i am a new member of this community and if u have time and if u want to, please, tell me where do i download the game and how can i play it?

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2016
A game with the thematic of the anime, the idea is amazing, but the graphics are not exceeded? anyway a good game is not just made of graphics, good luck with the project ^^

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I cannot believe this! Until recently, I think only AshGray (A rom-hack, by the way) came even close to making such a wonderful, spectacular game... You are my here now... your detailed mapping, your animations, and your diagonal movement... your game has touched my heart, my friend. If you need help, I will definitely be there. I am not a pro, I can do mostly sprite recolours, edits and stuff. But if you ever nedd me, just PM me. Great game! Good luck! I hope you finish it!

Hawkeye17

The Dragon Tamer
Years
A great game just waiting for full release ...just shorten the cutscenes and give more control other wise the game is great even more great than AshGray.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
wow this seems very fableish version of pokemon your trying to do. very exciting to see. a couple ideas I always had for game like this was needing to be a certin class.... a hiker to go through moutains, a bug catcher to cut things, sailor to use a boat, you need a fire pokemon to make a camp fire etc etc. very ambitious game, I look forward to seeing anime cut scenes with the game... ps....it be cool if you did johto instead of orange islands if you wanted to push it

Years
  • Age 47
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
This game should be simpler and not simply a set of cutscenes- he has to ask to talk to people. You should be able to play Ash any way you want. For example Ash can wake at the right time or be late. Ash can refuse to go Professor Oak (say a cut off time of 10 am) and lose the game. He should be able keep trying to capture pokemon with Pokemon- he should have a health bar- you could make a Fakemon of Ash sending himself out and getting absolutely beat up by pokemon. Indeed that always be an option and all pokemon pass out and he battles long enough then one revives.

Back