• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
New Update

Thanks for the support everybody. One thing though that really started bothering me is the overuse of kyledove's public sinnoh tiles. I look at my game and other people's games and they look the same. Kyledove is a great spriter and by this I don't mean to offend him. So I started remaking all the Kanto tiles in D/P style. I'm using colour palettes from Kyledoves sinnoh tiles and am also gathering tiles from other sources. Here is to show what i mean
(The trees and the mountain is from Kyledove and Emas, although the mountain with the grass and snow is my edit. Also I made the house to see what it will look like and I'm quite happy with what i've done.)
capture030.jpg

(Sorry...had to JPEG it to prevent theft)
So you see...I'm just trying to make the game more original.

Last edited:

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
Very nice, I like the remake of the house, it looks great.
I've also thought Kyledove's Sinnoh tiles are overused and so have started making my own as well.

Waudby

Well the only problem with people having this opinion is that they all decide to just revamp the old FR/LG tiles to look like 4th gen buildings.

So eventually we'll have the same problem again just with 3rd/4th gen tiles.
I advise creating your own tiles from scratch and not just edits.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Well the only problem with people having this opinion is that they all decide to just revamp the old FR/LG tiles to look like 4th gen buildings.

So eventually we'll have the same problem again just with 3rd/4th gen tiles.
I advise creating your own tiles from scratch and not just edits.

I would like to do that, but I'm really a terrible scratch spriter. And finding people to join me isn't going well, so I'm in this alone, but am proceeding well.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
Yes, I am sure that this game has a great future;) Don't give up guys!!!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
New Update

I implemented the higher level into my game (the maximum level is 200), and Giratina will be the highest leveled wild Pokemon. You will be able to find it in the Torn World. I've also updated the battle style.
Torn World

capture002.png

Torn World - Giratina

capture004.png

Giratina (Origin Form)

capture003.png

Edit: The Torn World is quite big and links all the regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh) with a few portals. Unfortunately there will be no Platinum Orb since the Torn World is really big, so Giratina will only stay in Origin Form if the player is in the Torn World.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
New Update

Here is just to give you guys a flavor of my night OW

Viridian Forest

capture009.png

Viridian City

capture007.png

Mt. Fallrock

capture005.png

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
Looks nice. I like the night OW.

For the Tired/Hunger system are you using common events or scripts. I've been searching how to implement this. So far i figured how to do it from common events. but I'm still trying to figure out how to take hunger away once you eatin.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2009
I am loving this project already
i am looking forward to it very very very much.
i would love to see it finished

man,
just ignore these flamers.
just leave the site for a while
progress with your game
be inventive
implement brand new original things
come back and laugh at all those flamers faces once youve created the best pokemon game of all time
:)

seriously

Years
If you need someone to sprite tiles I could take a whack at it. I just started getting into spriting but i think for a noob I'm kind of decent. You can check out the people I've sprited for my game on my pokemon delta thread if you want to see how well I do. I haven't tried doing very many tiles so it'll be good practice for me.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
@crzyone9584
I'm not using a common event because I really don't like events. I made a script that calculated the condition factors according to steps taken and they can be refilled when an item is accuired (such as food). The menu to see the condition status opens when you press the "V" key, so you can keep a track of your status.

@LynnCreed
New volunteers are always welcome here and if you'd like to help out, I'm more than glad.

Last edited:

crzyone9584

Years
@crzyone9584
I'm not using a common event because I really don't like events. I made a script that calculated the condition factors according to steps taken and they can be refilled when an item is required (such as food). The menu to see the condition status opens when you press the "V" key, so you can keep a track of your status.

Thats pretty nice. my common event automatically tells me im hungry when i start a new game or load a save. Need work on it a bit. Keep up the good work.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Thats pretty nice. my common event automatically tells me im hungry when i start a new game or load a save. Need work on it a bit. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the support, also I edited my last post since i wrote down the wrong word "required" and I meant to say "accuired" XD.

Years
it's not my game, but i'd go with the event thing if I were you. it makes more sense to have your character get hungry in the morning, at noon, and at dinner time than it does to go by number of steps. I mean I know activity makes you hungry but at the same time, if you don't go anywhere you're still gonna get hungry at mealtimes. plus when you're battling you're not walking but you'd still get hungry.

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
Years
brilliant work, this looks like its going to be a good game
if there are any places still open for spriters, ill be delighted to help

thanks for the d/p tiles as well.

PokeMaster Marin

Bigginer
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2010
Thanks MiniPolliwag I'm sure your game will turn out great too. Regarding the Hygene system, I (I mean WE) are not very good eventers, we like to base the more complex things on scripts rather than having tonns of events (also keeps it a bit tidier). DragoChamp is currently working his "behind" off on making this system work and we really have no luck regarding events. If anyone would like to help, thanks in advance.

P.S. How can I get permission to change the first post aswell and be the co-thread maker?

crzyone9584

Years
Thanks MiniPolliwag I'm sure your game will turn out great too. Regarding the Hygene system, I (I mean WE) are not very good eventers, we like to base the more complex things on scripts rather than having tonns of events (also keeps it a bit tidier). DragoChamp is currently working his "behind" off on making this system work and we really have no luck regarding events. If anyone would like to help, thanks in advance.

P.S. How can I get permission to change the first post aswell and be the co-thread maker?

I have an event that works for hunger. When i get home ill post it here. It took some time before i got it to work. but it works as far the the first test goes which was just sitting there and let the frames roll by.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Anything you don't want you don't need to post. What my friend here was trying to say is that I usually stick to the scripting instead of eventing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back