• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon: Aeon

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I love everything about this so far. The tiles are clean and high quality, the menus
look fantastic and slick, and the story has much potential...
I like the classic RPG direction, and if you use the fantasy themes correctly
you will be able explore many topics, such as war, modern times vs old times, etc...
Your timetravel mechanic gets a +1 from me. Will minor actions from the past influence the present
or will it be just big events that the player will have to forcibly do as part of the story? Like, just "escape back into your time"?
Your mapping so far seems great to me. It's very balanced as far as I can tell.

Isn't Tharros Greek for Brave?

I wish I could help you with mapping but that's not my strong suite.
However, if you need music, I could compose some "medieval - fantasy" pieces
and let you decide if you want to include them in? I think that some of BW musical motifs,
such as Alder's Theme, might be the best choice for this game.

Last edited:

Blake7

To Ignite all people within our nation
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Ok, so Berrycove Forest is almost done,
Spoiler:

unknown.png

(This is how the Pokegear will look like, though I'm sure it's not finished yet)
unknown.png

Blake7

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
I've started making events for the pre-timeskip gameplay, after the dialogues are written by the team the events will be complete for Oister Town & it'll continue for Route 1.

Here are some graphical updates made by Mustafa505,
The title screen for the game (subject to change)
title_by_mustafa505-dbxpl0f.png
and a Seashore Battle Background for Oister town and Route 1.
beach_by_mustafa505-dbxw7ai.png

(We need constructive feedback for battle backgrounds, to improve what we can do in next iteration)

Last edited:

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
I like how it's looking, but the ocean on the top half looks very plain. Maybe include a little wave going through it or a Pokemon popping out?

Yes the map shifts around so you won't be seeing much of the ocean, the only time you do is when the camera zooms out, but I'll be sure to add in some details.

Maybe add some sea weed floating by in the water or some shadows of the reef rocks, pokemon, etc.

Yes, I think I'll add some details near the shoreline.

Blake7

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Ok, so there haven't been much progress for a week cause the size of game is now changed.
Thanks to the help of Venom12 a new Menu is done.
summary12_by_mustafa505-dbzg8wo.png

(Summary, The new menu, How the battle bg look in a new dimension?)
For those who are going to try whine about the default EBS graphics, yes It'll be changed obviously.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
i hope raichu belisy and azumaril will get mega evoltions so they will be stronger please make for all of the three since they are our starters in the game and since the y preety weak in comaparsion to another water ground or electric or onrmal types

Blake7

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
BUMP
Yes, we aren't dead yet.
The progress is slow, so there is nothing worthwhile to show as of right now, but here are some screens..
unknown.png
summaryfinal.png.gif
mike.gif

unknown.png

Thats all for now :smile:

If anyone is interested in dialogue writing for the game, please message me. Need someone who can be committed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 22, 2021
I love how your region is so connected to kalos and that your using pokemon lore. There's a lot you can do with the way you presented Tharros. I think you should say a little bit more of your plot other than being lost in time and trying to find your way back. There's not much to try and speculate the plot. There is going to be someone or some group who will have a goal and the protagonist will get in the way. What I really hope you do is that each of the four kingdoms has its own government or way of life or something like that. I'm just gonna assume there's gonna be conflict between the kingdoms but I can't speculate much further.
If you couldn't tell I'm really into the story side of things. Though I get you trying to not say too much lol, I'm kinda the same way with my game.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 10, 2023
i read something about mutated megas. Do you mean fanmegas

Last edited:
Back