• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The main problem I have is that if I load a save to go anywhere in Hoenn, the game becomes buggy and my party becomes eggs. It works fine, if I restart a new game, but I cannot visit all places for testing.

The problem about saves is because the engine moves the data around so you can be sure as heck that it will probably turn every caught Pokemon in an old save file into bad eggs. So can't do anything but restart your game.

It's because of an old feature that was inserted into it. I actually mentioned it in the main post. To get rid of this, open bytereplacement file and get rid of data following "negate pokemon encyption" and your saves will work just fine.

Furthermore, the new move table is terrible because torchic and mudkip have ember and water gun at level 5 and it is impossible to defeat May's mudkip with a torchic.

You can just edit the trainers using a trainer editor, so they won't have those moves at level 5. :P

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Hey, I have one more question if you don't mind.

Is there any way to make it so a Pok?mon can give more than 3 EVs in one stat?
Or, I know there are some berries that can decrease EVs, is there a way to make it so using one Berry gives 252 EVs in that stat?

I want to make an "EV training place" with super strong modified Pok?mon that when beaten, give 252 EVs in their corresponding stat.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 19, 2018
Redowloaded from the github literally just before writing this post.

Everything was compiling well up until it started using objects with weird names:
Spoiler:

Hope this helps.

Years
Redowloaded from the github literally just before writing this post.

Everything was compiling well up until it started using objects with weird names:
Spoiler:

Hope this helps.

Those weird names are functions that the compiler cannot find. It's very strange, because they're defined in a file. Try redownloading and make sure you use the latest version as well as redownload your devkitarm, it may be a compiler fault.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Been away from this project for some months (studying for finals and such).

How are 7th Gen abiities and moves going?

Years
Hey Dizzy, really love all of your work for emerald.
The problem is I get all of them to work individually, but when I want to combine all of them, something always goes amiss ...
Is there a guide somewhere to install all of them, or is there an 'optimal' install order of sorts?

Years
Hey Dizzy, really love all of your work for emerald.
The problem is I get all of them to work individually, but when I want to combine all of them, something always goes amiss ...
Is there a guide somewhere to install all of them, or is there an 'optimal' install order of sorts?

Go Poke Expansion -> Item expansion -> Battle Engine -> Hacked Engine. Read carefully installation instructions, note down the offsets and edit the configuration files(specifically number of pokemon and items).

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Suggestion: Dynamic overworld sprite palettes.

I've explained the technicalities in depth in my video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyL2O8N0CBo&list=PLfI5DBI4tNyLBYGNhf1Ee8cgdmMtiilps&index=27

There is a Fire Red patch for this here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=359685

Unfortunately, no Emerald patch exists, and this overworld struggle is a major issue in Emerald ROM hacking in my opinion and experience.

Thanks for your time and great work with your engine!
I think you should suggest this in Dizzy's Hacked Engine thread since the the Battle Engine Upgrade thread is merely concerned for battle related stuff. :)

Trainer 781

All Gen VII in battle-form(e) change abilities are covered.
- Battle Bond (Ash Greninja)
- Schooling (Wishiwashi)
- Shields Down (Minior) (status immunity left)
- Power Construct (Zygarde)
- Disguise (Mimikyu)

The indices of these formes as well as the schooling level can be configured in config.h file.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Update

- Schooling (Wishiwashi)
- Disguise (Mimikyu)

The indices of these formes as well as the schooling level can be configured in config.h file.

Very nice! Is there a way to define multiple Minior core forms so that all of its different colours can be included? Wouldn't make it a priority if not, but it'd be good to have.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2017
Can someone explain me what are those fomes indices?
And how could i use them,for example for Zygarde?
And why when i apply this engine to my expanded rom, the new evolutions options don't show up.With a clean rom, they work perfectly.
I tried 10 times, am i missing something?

Last edited:

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
Update

- Schooling (Wishiwashi)
- Disguise (Mimikyu)

awesome !!!
all gen VII ability is fully working ?

Trainer 781

Very nice! Is there a way to define multiple Minior core forms so that all of its different colours can be included? Wouldn't make it a priority if not, but it'd be good to have.

It will require code adjustments. I'll tell how you make those adjustments, contact me on discord.

Can someone explain me what are those fomes indices?
And how could i use them,for example for Zygarde?
And why when i apply this engine to my expanded rom, the new evolutions options don't show up.With a clean rom, they work perfectly.
I tried 10 times, am i missing something?
You just open up the config.h file. In the form(e)s section of the defines, make you should the index of the form(e)s matches the Index Number of the Species in s Pokemon Editor respectively.
We'll look into the evos issue.

awesome !!!
all gen VII ability is fully working ?
Thanks. some are left like Dancer, Emergency Exit. etc.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2017
It will require code adjustments. I'll tell how you make those adjustments, contact me on discord.

You just open up the config.h file. In the form(e)s section of the defines, make you should the index of the form(e)s matches the Index Number of the Species in s Pokemon Editor respectively.
We'll look into the evos issue.

Thanks. some are left like Dancer, Emergency Exit. etc.

So, basically, that index is the number in the pge pokemon editor?
Like turtwig is 440, right?
Well, now i understand how to set it up correctly.
But how those formes changes?
For Zygarde, how does it work?
How should i make him change its form, using the mega evolution?

Also i noticed that you said that you have implemented power construct but in the pge editor i found a similar ability named power forge.Did you mispelled?

Do you want my rom to try why the mega are not added? Maybe you could figure it out quicky!

Sorry, for my being so annoying, but i find your work excellent.
I really respect you for what are you doing!

Trainer 781

So, basically, that index is the number in the pge pokemon editor?
Like turtwig is 440, right?
Well, now i understand how to set it up correctly.
But how those formes changes?
For Zygarde, how does it work?
How should i make him change its form, using the mega evolution?

Also i noticed that you said that you have implemented power construct but in the pge editor i found a similar ability named power forge.Did you mispelled?

Do you want my rom to try why the mega are not added? Maybe you could figure it out quicky!

Sorry, for my being so annoying, but i find your work excellent.
I really respect you for what are you doing!

Yeah, the index number.
Nah, just give all the Zygarde formes the Power Forge ability. It should change forme at 50% or below.

As for odd ability names, the names are shortened due to character limit for ability names.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2017
Yeah, the index number.
Nah, just give all the Zygarde formes the Power Forge ability. It should change forme at 50% or below.

As for odd ability names, the names are shortened due to character limit for ability names.

Well, that's cool!

So, any clue for the new evolutions options ? Could be an PGEinidump.py problem?
Maybe it doesn't update the evolutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back