• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How does Wonder Trade work in Y?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jun 7, 2017
I'm getting Y soon, and I need to know how Wonder Trade works. Can you see what you're getting before the trade actually goes through? I really need some info.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Nope, it's totally random, that's the fun. GTS (which is a separate option) on the other hand, you can search out what you are looking for and trade what they are wanting if you have it, or post one of your own pokemon asking for something else and if someone somewhere else in the world has it, they give it to you. Wondertrade is just totally random and the closest you see what you're getting is when the trade is actually occuring

MegaZard_

Worst trainer in the world
Years
With Wonder Trade, you choose a Pok?mon that you want to trade, and then the game finds another person who is also looking for a Wonder Trade partner. It chooses partners from XY and ORAS, so you could get some Hoenn Pok?mon!

Once the game successfully finds a match for you (it doesn't tell you what Pok?mon your partner deposited), the trade starts and you receive the Pok?mon your partner deposited. It's always fun wondering what you're going to get (hence the name, WONDER Trade) and always exciting to receive a shiny or legendary Pok?mon!

Back