• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Gates to Infinity

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
I don't often come on here, but I have had a burning question about this game! Are there pokemon from other generations? Sure we see Dunsparce, Kecleon, Ho-oh, etc but we have yet to see any pokemon other than Pikachu participating in dungeon exploration. If there is not all the pokemon, I unfortunately would not want to purchase this D: I have been hoping for a new PMD game for a while and Nintendo better not disappoint me!

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
I could be wrong but I don't think they've ever included all of the Pokémon in the PMD games so I doubt they'd include them in this one. Another thing, Chunsoft develops the PMD games, not Nintendo.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I'm really excited for the new PMD game! I've been waiting for a new one since Explorers of Sky! The only thing I'm disappointed about are the Pokémon you get to choose from; we only get five! I was hoping it would have all of the options from the previous games, including the fifth gen starters along with one or two other Unova Pokémon. I do like the graphics, though!

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
Two new trailers!

They gave it the Black and White 2 treatment!

Years
I really can't wait until the new game is released in Europe, I am waaaaay too excited! One problem: I have no 3DS! Time to save some money... sigh...

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
The new PMD game seems awesome, I just wish you had a bigger variety of starters to play as.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Excited for this, a 3D Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game should be great! It'll definitely make the dungeon crawling feel more realistic, that's something the games could really use. I'm a bit disappointed that you can only choose between five starter Pokémon though, one of the best parts of the PMD games was the huge variety of Pokémon that you could be. But at least Axew and Tepig are there so all is not lost! I really hope that the games are as good as the previous versions, I do love the PMD series :3

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
I could be wrong but I don't think they've ever included all of the Pokémon in the PMD games so I doubt they'd include them in this one. Another thing, Chunsoft develops the PMD games, not Nintendo.

In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue all Pokemon from Generation 1, 2, and 3 were in the two games. Generation 4 was hinted in the game by the Lucario, Bonsly, Mime Jr., and Weaville statues. That generation was not in the game because it was not released yet. In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky they went up to Generation 4 because generation 5 did not exist yet. In the WiiWare PMD, all pokemon up to Generation 4 were available but there was a trick. The three games each had up to 130 version exclusives so in order to obtain all of them the player needed all three games. Overall, every PMD game has had every Pokemon in its data and each set has had the oppertunity to "Catch them all" in a similar fashion that each generation of the main games has. I realize that Chunsoft develops it but Nintendo publishes it so I would still be disappointed in them ;) On the brightside, here is a new trailer!

I saw Umbreon, Espeon, Marill (or Azurill not quite sure), and Jolteon all in the dungeon which is good news for all Pokemon being in the game :D

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Just 3 words:

I. CAN'T. WAIT. D:D:D:

I can't freaking wait!! I want to play it SO BAD. Does anyone know if it's playable on an emulator or a normal DS Lite? PLEASE let the answer be yes! I don't have a 3DS and I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon..D:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Just 3 words:

I. CAN'T. WAIT. D:D:D:

I can't freaking wait!! I want to play it SO BAD. Does anyone know if it's playable on an emulator or a normal DS Lite? PLEASE let the answer be yes! I don't have a 3DS and I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon..D:
Emulator - Not...
DS - Most probably not...

So until someone releases a real 3DS emulator, the only possbility would be real 3DS.

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
Years
You can choose the gender of your partner! I definitely approve of that!

The lack of Starter/Partner choices is a bit disappointing but the game hasn't been released yet and there could be more choices in the final game. So who knows?
Hopefully Riolu is one of those choices. :)

Years
I'm excited as a freak about this game. I like this spin-off as much as the main series, plus the last PMDE story was seriously awesome.
I sincerely hope we'll find such an awesome story in this one too.

Back