• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Ok so I have a question that didn't necessarily need it's own thread, so I'll post it here.

It's come to my attention that certain Pokecommunity members have signatures where theres a picture that says "Crystal Version Supporter" or "Platinum Version Supporter" and stuff like that. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where these people got these awesome signature pics?:D

You mean like the ones in this blog? Those aren't really images per se. Those signatures were purely made by CSS coding here on PC surprisingly! It takes a bit of skill to get them right. And if you are interested in one, you can visit a signature shop at Art & Design, or you can PM me for one since I do have some skills!
To add onto this, if you need any help with CSS, you're free to check out the CSS Help & Resources thread located right here as well! :)

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200899

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
You mean like the ones in this blog? Those aren't really images per se. Those signatures were purely made by CSS coding here on PC surprisingly! It takes a bit of skill to get them right. And if you are interested in one, you can visit a signature shop at Art & Design, or you can PM me for one since I do have some skills!

Yes! Exactly those ones! Thanks so much, I thought it looked like CSS at first but I wasn't sure, I've been trying to learn it but I'm not too good at it so far. I'll check out some signature shops and I'll let you know if I need any help! Thanks a lot!:)

To add onto this, if you need any help with CSS, you're free to check out the CSS Help & Resources thread located right here as well! :)

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200899

I was not expecting my question to get answered so quickly, you guys are awesome! I added that to my bookmarks so I can check it out later when I have time to practice more.

Thanks guys!:)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Is it somehow possible to receive notifications for new posts in threads we are subscribed to?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Is it somehow possible to receive notifications for new posts in threads we are subscribed to?
If you're subscribed to it you can set it up to send you an e-mail notification. There isn't yet a system in place to receive a PokéCommunity notification. (Maybe it is something that will come into place in the future.

~Justified~

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Is there a thread where people can search for other members looking for a pair? or do you just need to PM the person you wish to pair up with?

Years
Is there a thread where people can search for other members looking for a pair? or do you just need to PM the person you wish to pair up with?
Sure, you can ask anybody around PC, but I wouldn't recommend solicitation of yourself to people you don't know :p

Usually people that pair up here on PC are like really close friends with one another.

~Justified~

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Sure, you can ask anybody around PC, but I wouldn't recommend solicitation of yourself to people you don't know :p

Usually people that pair up here on PC are like really close friends with one another.

Ofc, Would only would pair up with someone I knew anyway!:P
Thanks though! I appreciate that crazy fast response!

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
Years
Hello,
I would like to offer my services hacking gen 3 save files for people who want custom pokes. I am new to PokeCommunity, and am not sure where to post this. Where would something like this go?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hello,
I would like to offer my services hacking gen 3 save files for people who want custom pokes. I am new to PokeCommunity, and am not sure where to post this. Where would something like this go?

These kind of things would probably go into our ROM Hacking board, since editing save files is considered a form of hacking. Before posting, though, you should one of the moderators just to make sure and avoid trouble. =) Good luck!

Years
Question regarding B&Wv2 editing:

How can I edit in a back sprite to a Black 2 ROM?
Overworld sprite?
Is there a giovanni backsprite already in existence?

Some searching found me KazoWar's tools, but the link seems to be long dead.

Try looking and/or asking in the ROM Hacking subsection, which can be found at the link below:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=289

This section is only for questions and feedback relating to PokeCommunity itself.

Years
Hi, I've seen people's signatures that say "PC Family" which I assume is somewhat similar to pairs. How is the family different and how do I become part of a family? Thank you for your help.

Years
Hi, I've seen people's signatures that say "PC Family" which I assume is somewhat similar to pairs. How is the family different and how do I become part of a family? Thank you for your help.
I can't really describe families, but it's just really similar to pairs. It's really just some of the closest friends you have, and simply to be a part of a family you just ask someone and see if they agree.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Can you, and if so, how, add a poll to a thread after creating it?

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Can you, and if so, how, add a poll to a thread after creating it?

If my memory serves me right there should be a dropdown box at the top of your thread that contains something called 'thread tools'. That should be where the option to add a poll is.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
OK, I got this brilliant idea. It involves a competition in which players collaborate to get all 719 Pokemon on their games. However, I do not have a 3DS of my own, so I cannot participate. I'll create a scorecard on my computer to keep track of this.

Now I just got one question...

WHERE CAN I POST THIS?

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
OK, I got this brilliant idea. It involves a competition in which players collaborate to get all 719 Pokemon on their games. However, I do not have a 3DS of my own, so I cannot participate. I'll create a scorecard on my computer to keep track of this.

Now I just got one question...

WHERE CAN I POST THIS?

The Challenge forum is probably the place you're looking for.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
I can't. I don't have a 3DS of my own, so I can't participate. Posting it there would violate the rules, therefore, it gets unaproved.

Is there another possible index?

Ah. Perhaps this would help then, granted you don't mind someone else posting the thread as the challenge leader in your place.

But if you're really eager to get the idea off the ground, this just might be the ticket if someone else thinks it sounds awesome too.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
The staff did not approve of my idea in the challenge thread. Is there a place for collaborative Pokemon catching? Maybe I should post there instead, but where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back