• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
Going back a few pages...
In straight relationships, it's generally accepted that the man will propose. In a homosexual relationship, there are either two men or no men at all. Would you rather be the one to propose, or would you prefer to be proposed to?
I would love to have the opportunity to do either. I would love to be proposed to, surprise me with that sort of question. On the other hand, I would also love to be able to plan out the perfect proposal. So I guess my answer is: doesn't matter. I'd love to be on either side. It'll be a competition with my future partner. :3

Does anyone else think that it is more difficult for LGBT people to date? And that there are more strains in relationships than in heterosexual relationships generally?
It's harder to find someone. =o= Even if you find another gay person, it's like "Erm, ewww." and srsly don't wanna date them. Or a man*****. The two gay guys I actually know fall into those categories. Sigh.

Here's a question...

Does anyone do something to "advertise" their sexuality?

I've taken to wearing a rainbow wristband. Nothing big, but it does say something. It made my heart-a-flutter when the guy I'm seriously crushing on complimented me on it. Heh...

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
If the choice was made available to you to become straight, would being in love with someone of the same gender impact on your decision?
Yes. I hate homosexual dating; it's more likely I would find love if I were straight. I would be less insecure, and feel less judged.

However, Andrew(I am horrible at remembering names, I hope I'm not mistaken) expanded upon the question; if I were to be in love and know that a guy loves me and doesn't want anyone else besides me, then I would not change my sexuality. Because the big problem "gay dating" would not be a huge issue if I had a good guy, the insecurity does not trump love.

BTW...has anyone watched the A-list on LOGO, what do you think? ( I don't know if we consider this to be a LGBT question, but the show is pretty much like the gay version of the real world, and that is rare to find on tv.)

I am not too big on reality tv, but I love this addicting show - it's pretty damn "juicy" haha

I watched the whole first season today, and I have to say that I am moving to New York City after I obtain my degree! Anyone that watches the show is going to think that i am crazy for this next part, but I have a huge crush on Austin.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Wow, I always forget to check this place. I'm so horrible with clubs. lol

If the choice was made available to you to become straight, would being in love with someone of the same gender impact on your decision?
Oooh, interesting. -answers-

Uuumm, yes, yes it would. Hope I'm understanding the question. I'd imagine if I were already in love with someone of the same gender, then the opportunity to become *~*magically straight*~* would be unappealing. Chances are I'd be happy with that person, and content enough in the relationship that I wouldn't care much at all to change my perspective and ruin whatever I had with them. Plus, being straight would be easier, but certainly not as interesting as swinging both ways. -shot-

Melody

Banned
Years
Give up being Bi for that? No way!

To be honest...I don't care about gender. If I love someone, that's how I feel. The only thing that can stop me is that person. If they don't feel the same, that's fine...I'll pick myself up and move on. :3

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
It would impact my decision, but I still wouldn't go through with it. I wouldn't give up the happiness and time I spent with that person just to be straight. I mean, if I'm with someone who means that much to me that I take their feelings into consideration while making a decision that affects me, then I'll say that that person means enough to me to not give them up for any reason.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Just turned eighteen today, but I don't exactly feel any freer compared to seventeen. I'm still weird to any classmates that notice my behaviors; I don't smoke; and I don't feel like voting between the candidates we have right now.

Since last year or so, I've been somewhat more open with my interests regarding sexual attraction, though there isn't much of a change since it's difficult to be interested in most of my classmates (the most of which are potheads, party-lovers, and the gamers are generally boring because they only care about first-person shooters). But I digress. Basically, I've been more open about it, but it's gone overly unnoticed.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

No, I suppose not. But, if I like someone like a crush; I tend to smile a lot, give them subtle hints. If that counts at all whatsoever. >.>"

But it's not like I'm allowing myself to get crushes anymore.

Um.... being open about it if someone asks is about as far as I can note.

aRedMoon

Years
I want to get one, but I wonder what my parents would think if they saw it in the mail.
IIRC, it comes in a normal envelope... parents probably wouldn't notice.

Just ordered two wristbands. Hope they get here soon.
They won't. It takes a few weeks. (:

No, I suppose not. But, if I like someone like a crush; I tend to smile a lot, give them subtle hints. If that counts at all whatsoever. >.>"
Cute <3

I totally do the same thing.

This one guy in my theory class makes my world right now.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Cute <3

I totally do the same thing.

This one guy in my theory class makes my world right now.

I have this attraction to this one guy recently who's friends with my best friend Laura- he acts so awkward near me (other people in general too I suppose, but shut up I'm fantisizing) and it makes me wonder if he finds me attractive. He kind acts like it, taking notice to things I had no idea he'd know about and making a bit of conversation even when Laura is not around and smiling.

I wouldn't mind grabbing a hamburger or somethin' somethin' you know.

AREN'T I FREAKING ADORABLE <3

Hm.... in addition to the recent question:

How do you (regardless if you're Lesbian, Bi, Gay, Trans, Straight, Pan, Questioning, WHATEVS) handle a crush?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm normally too shy to say anything if I'm crushing irl, which is something I guess I'll have to work on if I ever wanna find me a man :P but online I just tell everybody when I'm crushing on them - even the straight guys :P

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
How do you (regardless if you're Lesbian, Bi, Gay, Trans, Straight, Pan, Questioning, WHATEVS) handle a crush?
Same response as Shining Raichu, except I don't tell them I have a crush. I just flirt a lot. It's tough in real life. Sometimes you don't know if they're the same orientation as you & if they're not there may be a chance they won't react well to your confession.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years

I would normally drop random hints on it, but they're usually too oblivious to pick it up, or it just seems like I'm doing it naturally. T_T I'm too timid to go up to my crush and blatantly tell them, "I freakin' love you!"

aRedMoon

Years
I have this attraction to this one guy recently who's friends with my best friend Laura- he acts so awkward near me (other people in general too I suppose, but shut up I'm fantisizing) and it makes me wonder if he finds me attractive. He kind acts like it, taking notice to things I had no idea he'd know about and making a bit of conversation even when Laura is not around and smiling.

I wouldn't mind grabbing a hamburger or somethin' somethin' you know.
Then you SHOULD. Just see if he wants to go to Starbucks or something. Datish, but not too much so :D
Well, I kinda already said it... but I am SUPER timid. I normally am a rather quiet guy, but around him, it's like I squeak if he's around.

It's kinda sad, since I'm too old for such silly crushes. :P
I'm normally too shy to say anything if I'm crushing irl, which is something I guess I'll have to work on if I ever wanna find me a man :P but online I just tell everybody when I'm crushing on them - even the straight guys :P
E-crushes.

Just make sure you don't start edating one of those straight guys o/

*made the mistake once

I would normally drop random hints on it, but they're usually too oblivious to pick it up, or it just seems like I'm doing it naturally. T_T I'm too timid to go up to my crush and blatantly tell them, "I freakin' love you!"
GO FOR IT!

*cheerleader*

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I never really have had any crushes tbh... I've always avoided relationships, even when asked out, because I felt like they were a waste of time.

I wouldn't really know how to handle a crush now. I'd probably just do the same as before... try and ignore them, and act as cold as po--oh crap I'm a tsundere. I never even realized. wtf

Years
When I'm crushing on someone I just act friendly with them. Since I don't really crush on anyone I'm not friends and friendly with in the first place the only real difference is in how much time I spend, or want to spent, with them. At some point I might tell them how I feel and then all bets are off as to my behavior.

It's kinda sad, since I'm too old for such silly crushes. :P
You're never too old for that.

Back