• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drithlan

Self Proclaimed Cartographer
Years
What more info can I give? All I wanted is for one tile to always have the same movement permision so I wouldnt have to continously do it for every tile.

I'm sorry I thought you wanted to do something else. I don't know the answer to this question.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
This isn't really a problem I have, it's just a simple question! In a script I made, I needed to check the level of the first pokemon in the party. After much searching, I didn't find any command in XSE that accomplishes this. I ended up just writing an ASM routine that does it... I guess I just want to know if there actually is a command that checks the level of a pokemon in your party and I just couldn't find it.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
This isn't really a problem I have, it's just a simple question! In a script I made, I needed to check the level of the first pokemon in the party. After much searching, I didn't find any command in XSE that accomplishes this. I ended up just writing an ASM routine that does it... I guess I just want to know if there actually is a command that checks the level of a pokemon in your party and I just couldn't find it.

Below are three threads on the subject of checking the levels of the Pokémon in the player's party, along with a link to the Bulbapedia article on Pokémon data structure. Hopefully they can point you in the right direction.

Checking POKEMON LEVELS without ASM
Getting the min/max level of your Pokémon party
A Way To Check Pokemon Levels
Pokémon data structure in Generation III

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Below are three threads on the subject of checking the levels of the Pokémon in the player's party, along with a link to the Bulbapedia article on Pokémon data structure. Hopefully they can point you in the right direction.

Checking POKEMON LEVELS without ASM
Getting the min/max level of your Pokémon party
A Way To Check Pokemon Levels
Pokémon data structure in Generation III

Ok, so I'm assuming that there is no simple command in xse for this. Like I said, I used ASM to handle it, so I didn't need any links :) maybe they'll help others, though.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Okay i have two questions.
Both relating to R/S.

1: in my hack, i have placed berry trees infront of the flower shop, which i think is causing the bottom row of tiles of the house to screw up. however if i pick them, walk away and walk back again, theyre fine... It also seems to appen randomly, not just by picking them, as this sometimes doesnt fix it...
If you need more info, i'll screenie it.

2: How do i get the arow tiles in The Mossdeep Gym set to act like the ones in FRLG, if possible? I want to make it so you don't stop until touching a stop tile.

a page has passed, so....

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
In Advance map, How do you change the size of the border block? In Viridian Forest it is 2x3 but i want it to be 2x2. Thanks In advance.

EDIT: - Solved -

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
In free space finder, How do you know how many bytes your lookin for? What determines the amount of bytes you need?

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
I'm pretty sure that that's caused by the flower shop's tiles being at the end of the tileset (where the door animations go). I think you should try coming into the map normally, not through a door, and see if it makes a difference.

It only does it when i come into the map normally, If i move so its off screen then go back, it works though. This comes up in other places too, like the bottom row of a houses tiles being replaced by trees.

EDIT: does anyone know where i went wrong here?:
Spriteinsertfail.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
What's the LG title screen Venusaur's offswt for APE?!

Someone help me! I've hacked FR to show Umbreon but when I do the same for LG the colors of Espeon are screwed up. It happened w/ FireRed but I knew Charizard's offset to fix it. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT VENUSAURS IS THOUGH!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY!

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
It only does it when i come into the map normally, If i move so its off screen then go back, it works though. This comes up in other places too, like the bottom row of a houses tiles being replaced by trees.

EDIT: does anyone know where i went wrong here?:
Spriteinsertfail.png
Is it the back sprite you need help on? :( I see. Alright;
Get the original back sprite of that Pokemon.
Get an indexed image of the front sprite of the Pokemon.
On Paint, open the indexed front sprite.
On another Paint, open the back sprite.
Press Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C
On the front sprite Paint press Ctrl+V. Then, it should look normal. Save as.
Then insert the back sprite on ASE. The reason is; the front and back sprites have to have the same palette. Remember that, same palette for front and back sprite of a Pokemon.

Drithlan

Self Proclaimed Cartographer
Years
I have previously looked up ROM bases but found too many options. Could someone point me to a Fire Red Base with no scripts in it? Or do they not work that way?

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Is it the back sprite you need help on? :( I see. Alright;
Get the original back sprite of that Pokemon.
Get an indexed image of the front sprite of the Pokemon.
On Paint, open the indexed front sprite.
On another Paint, open the back sprite.
Press Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C
On the front sprite Paint press Ctrl+V. Then, it should look normal. Save as.
Then insert the back sprite on ASE. The reason is; the front and back sprites have to have the same palette. Remember that, same palette for front and back sprite of a Pokemon.

well i only originally inserted the front sprite and shiny backsprite on Unlz, but i opened it here to show you the extent of the problem.

Do i have to import each of the 4 sprites separately? Ive been told only 2 need importing.

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020
hi, do you know where I can find tilesets indexed in 16 colors for a FR hack? (looking like DP tileset) Thanks

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
If you mean a rombase im pretty sure theres a DP one in the Resources thread.

also, to insert a script into my hack, what exactly do i do.. like, i have the script, but dont know how to insert it :D using XSE.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
If you mean a rombase im pretty sure theres a DP one in the Resources thread.

also, to insert a script into my hack, what exactly do i do.. like, i have the script, but dont know how to insert it :D using XSE.
?Oh? Go to FSF, get an offset, at the top of the script, put:
#dynamic 0xoffset

compile, copy offset, and paste offset in to the offset box of an event in the events page at A-Map.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2010
Im trying to music hack pokemon firered but everytime i open a rom in sappy 2006 it crashes
and i've been trying to find previous versions of this program but every link i find is broken
im using windows 7
if anyone can help me get sappy 2006 to work or post a WORKING link to sappy 2005 that would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back