Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...

Age 26
United States of America
Seen May 30th, 2009
Posted May 30th, 2009
331 posts
11 Years
Electronic music includes genres and subgenres involved and grouped with techno, rave, trance, hardcore, terrorcore, electronica, ambience and gabber, eurobeat, acid, and house.

No bashing of the music. We don't have to like your music either.

-----

So, electronic music... While I'm still a hardcore metal fan, I still like a lot of rave and trance. I have around 4.3GB of it on my HDD. It sets a pretty awe-inspiring atmosphere, especially when you listen to it with a bass booster/subwoofer. I guess that's why my blood gets pumping when I play laser tag at an arena.

Games like Unreal Tournament '99 were probably what got me into the genre early on, since everything was set like a laser tag game, just a lot deadlier. I can remember logging on to Newgrounds one day though, and being a new user, I decided to browse the audio portal. It was (and still is) predominantly occupied by electronic music, so I listened to a few songs, downloaded them, and everything went from there.

Has anybody heard of the Battlecats, though? I've only got one song (Niemand), and that seems to be the only one they've ever produced.

If idiots could fly, Yahoo Answers would be an airport.
~~~
I've found a good way to get games and game accessories for free! It's called Prize Rebel, and it's completely free to sign up and do it. Click here to sign up. If you have any questions about it, don't hesitate to send me a PM or VM!
Age 26
Seen November 5th, 2017
Posted November 5th, 2017
3,500 posts
11.4 Years
I don't really know all the subgenres but I do like progressive trance and D 'N' B, I like a few artists that would be categorized as electronic, such as: Faithless, Daft Punk, Moby, Chicane, Deadmau5. There are so many one hit wonders aswell so I just buy the Ministry of Sound albums with all the hits that I like.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.

Age 29
Mililani, Oahu, Hawaii
Seen July 28th, 2010
Posted April 3rd, 2010
443 posts
10.9 Years
Ah, finally a discussion about GOOD music :)

I've been into electronic music since.. before I can remember. What I think got me started on it though, was DDR. It wasn't the music from DDR I liked, but it was some of the stuff from StepMania that really got me started. Some of the stuff I heard was mindblowing.

At first, I'd hear a song from an artist I liked, got more from that artist, and then from similar artists.. That's what gave me such a well-rounded appreciation of electronic music in general. Anything from ambient, breakbeats, d'n'b, acid, house, trance, to obscure stuff like akiba pop, speedcore, etc. My favorite style right now would probably have to be Goa. My all-time favorite artists though, are probably DJ Sharpnel and Basshunter.
Freedom is the freedom to say two plus two equals four. If that is granted all else will follow.
Advertiser Content