• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] More Old Pokemon?

Years
Assuming that the newly announced Diamond and Pearl remakes will have all the pokemon that were available in the original D/P (all of Gen 1 - Gen 4), do you think they will add back in any of the missing pokemon from those generations?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I mean, they have to, right? Sword and Shield is the penultimate game in the main series right now. It may take a while, but they have to add all of the Pokémon eventually...?

I want it to be true but I'm kinda reluctant ngl.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
There really should be no excuse to add the remaining 200 something Pokémon. Otherwise, trading between SwSh and the Dppt remakes with those species restrictions would be a slap in the face... a ton of gen 4 Pokémon are not available in gen 8.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
There really should be no excuse to add the remaining 200 something Pokémon. Otherwise, trading between SwSh and the Dppt remakes with those species restrictions would be a slap in the face... a ton of gen 4 Pokémon are not available in gen 8.
Oh lord, I didn't even think of this. Of course they're going to milk as much cash as they can for the remakes by making them the only way you can obtain gen 4 Pokémon in SWSH.

Years
I honestly don't see it happening. Feels to me like these two games will have their own Pokémon, so BDSP won't have all the mons available in SwSh and vice versa. I just hope we'll get Mareep somewhere at some point, would be really sad if it ends up not being available in both of these titles.

Back