• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga "jojo part 6 when"

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
What are some anime series you can never see getting a continuation and why? I honestly don't know if Jojo Part 6, for example will get animated. Or the subsequent series after. I heard Steel Ball Run, for example, would be extremely hard to animate.

I also can never see a second season of No Game No Life ever happening. Or a second season of Yona of the Dawn ever happening, since sales very apparently low on it...

There's many other things I know will never get a continuation, but I've been proven wrong before! I thought World Trigger would never get a continuation anime, but it did, so who knows, Jojo Part 6 could get an adaption some day, you never know.

So, that, too, what are some series you thought would never get a continuation, but did?

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
I think the issue on Jojo part 6 is the matter of when and not if it will be or not, Jojo fandom is really strong and I sincerely doubt that part 6 won't be animated down the line, same goes for SBR. ESPECIALLY SO on SBR since it's probably the most hyped part ever by the Jojo fandom (rightfully so though), but I also think the expectation would also be really high, but we'll see how it turns out down the line if it ever gets animated.

Answering the question, it's Bleach.

Like I can't separate my childhood from the Shonen big 3 (Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach). And the fact that Bleach anime was canceled just after the Fullbring arc really hurts. So seeing the announcement that the Thousand Year Blood War Arc would be animated after the anime was canceled eight years ago!? It's just wow. I'm hopeful that they make some adjustment and changes to the story though because the word 'Wasted Potential' couldn't justify how much squandered opportunity and interesting plot that didn't happen in this arc (Also because quite a few of my favorite characters ended up losing like scrubs, but that's a story for another time). I could only hope the adaptation can help to fix the complaints the fandom had with this last arc.

Thanks for reading this long answer haha

Years
What are some anime series you can never see getting a continuation and why? I honestly don't know if Jojo Part 6, for example will get animated. Or the subsequent series after. I heard Steel Ball Run, for example, would be extremely hard to animate.

I also can never see a second season of No Game No Life ever happening. Or a second season of Yona of the Dawn ever happening, since sales very apparently low on it...

There's many other things I know will never get a continuation, but I've been proven wrong before! I thought World Trigger would never get a continuation anime, but it did, so who knows, Jojo Part 6 could get an adaption some day, you never know.

So, that, too, what are some series you thought would never get a continuation, but did?

Steel Ball Run can be animated. On YouTube, there is a Steel Ball Run fan-made anime and it's very good. The real issue is if it could be made though. I have heard that Stone Ocean is really unpopular in Japan, and that might influence if there will be any more JoJo anime adaptations or not.

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
Steel Ball Run can be animated. On YouTube, there is a Steel Ball Run fan-made anime and it's very good. The real issue is if it could be made though. I have heard that Stone Ocean is really unpopular in Japan, and that might influence if there will be any more JoJo anime adaptations or not.

Well, I'm honestly more concerned about Stone Ocean being animated. Especially since SBR technically serves as a soft reboot even if it has a lot of reference to the other parts because it's in an entire new universe. I knew Stone Ocean is probably the part people least excited about, but I didn't know it's THAT much. Thanks for the info, though!

Lady Bisharp

Blue noodle enthusiast
Years
Wasn't there going to be an event for April this year or something? I'm almost sure that's when they're going to announce the part 6 anime.

In my opinion, Stone Ocean is the JoJo part that could benefit from an anime adaptation the most. Part 5 used to be rather hated in the west before the anime came out, and now it's one of the more popular ones. I know it's not exactly the same situation (part 5 is very popular in Japan iirc), but I think the same could happen to part 6, especially if David Pro decides to make some small improvements changes like they've done with previous parts so far.

Answering the question, it was Non Non Biyori for me. I thought it would die down after the last movie since it's a slice of life show and not too many people seemed to be into it, but a third season is airing right now 😌

Years
ding ding the future is here and stone ocean is confirmed (I think?? judging from the japanese tweets I've seen). not really looking forward to this one like I did with part 4 & 5.

But I guess that's just because I don't like Part 6's ending (no spoilers!). would still watch it though because its jojo >.<
SBR is a must-animate manga imo, one of the most bizarre adventures among all bizarre adventures of jojo

Back