• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hair and Hair Dye

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
I'm fascinated with hair colors and I've always taken notice. I think it would be cool if people everybody in the world just walked around with purple, pink, green, blue etc hair.

If you had to change your to one color, what would it be? As an extra question, do you like your hair?

Despite my fascination, I probably wouldn't change my hair. I have blonde hair and blue eyes, and it's one of those rare things I'm actually comfortable with. But I would probably make my hair blue if i had to, because it would be fun to match.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I've had ombre hair before when I was 15 and dyed my hair so that it looked exactly like this pic I found online (except I didn't curl my hair so it was straight!)

Spoiler:

I think if I were to change my hair colour again, I would do something similar but maybe change up the shade of brown! I'd still want it to be natural but I'd also be curious about trying other natural shades of blonde or red. I think my hair is the 1 thing I get complimented on most often so I like it! My hair is fairly short right now since I just cut it so I might grow it out again or maybe 1 year finally have the courage to try a much shorter cut to see if it'd work :D

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
There was this cosplayer I followed a few years ago who had gorgeous purple hair (outside of cosplay) and ever since I saw posts from her about it I thought it'd be cool to have a really dark shade of purple as my hair colour. Something still dark so it wouldn't look super out of place, but still enough to be special.

I like my hair because it sorta naturally waves when it's long enough, I had a teacher compliment me on my hair and ask where I got it done, but I just had to tell him it's just naturally like that. I don't like having short hair but I've been considering cutting it to a shorter length. I have no concept of... length? Measurement? Whatever. But my hair is long enough to reach about the bottom of my ribcage, it covers my chest if I want it to. It'd be cool to try it being at least somewhat shorter.

Years
A darker brown, it's really ashy as it is.
I like dying my hair, but it's too dark for many colors to show up. If I had a color I really liked, it wouldn't matter.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
My hair has been every color of the rainbow multiple times and sometimes all at the same time lol. Although I stuck with pink for the longest because I'm obviously PC's Sylveon queen and it's my favorite! Fades to a beautiful pastel sunset ombré too.

I've also had it shaved, pixie cut, down to the small of my back and everything in between. Did it all myself too! I love expressing myself through my hair and have always had fun being creative in that way.

Right now though I'm going through a fairly 'normal' renaissance. A dark brown with a very slight reddish/purplish tint in the sunlight. I'm sure one day I'll return to the crazier colors but man, once your hair gets down to like your shoulders or lower and you're dyeing it yourself, it becomes an expensive chore.

Last edited:

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
my main hair is a dirty blonde (from what i been told) and i would totally go "anime" and have my hair some random color permantly and i kind of plan to in the future (as long as my hair holds up) Its probably gonna switch between a few colors "silver" like color you see in animes, but its basically a neater shade of white for the most part, a red not sure about the shade, and probably a light blue. But if i had to pick just one, it be the "silver" since i just love that color of hair so much for some reason that idk why.

Years
I have a dark dark brown color hair that looks black more. However I shave my head now so I only have slight peach fuzz on my head if thats considered having hair. I get a lot of compliments for my shaved head look that I pull it off well. When I was younger and in school I had hair tried the whole dye your hair in blonde, red and blue streakes. Afterwards colored all my hair blonde and red once for a while now if I want colored and long hair I wear wigs.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I have light brown/dirty blonde hair and haven't done any kind of dye related things (yet). I'd love to dye my hair purple but I'm a bit hesitant to bleach my whole head... maybe purple at the tips?

If your hair is light enough (which it sounds like it is) and you pick a darker purple you won't have to bleach anything. It won't be a neon lilac purple but if you're okay with something in the deeper spectrum just do a strand dip test with a demi-permanent dye. I recommend the brand Arctic Fox. All it does is deposit pigment so there's not lifting of your natural color. Then if you like it, commit to the whole dye job! :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 29, 2021
Last night while shaving my armpits, my hair wrapped around my arm and I accidentally shaved my hair :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i want pink hair so bad, but i've never had a chance to dye my hair bc of stupid arbitrary rules lmfao. my high school didn't allow it, and even if they did, my step dad was an asshole and was all like "you can't live under my roof if you dye your hair like that" ummmm what??? i am literally a minor i just want to dye my hair for fun????? jesus. and THEN after getting out of high school and under a different roof, i still couldn't dye my hair bc i worked at an upscale restaurant. then i worked at a country club. then i worked in retail that didn't allow it (manager didn't care but company policy yadda yadda). then i was out of college, but holding jobs that just never allowed for it. and it's still like that at age 28. i fucking hate it lmfao the hair dye isn't going to seep into my brain and cause me to be unable to perform my job...it's just such bullshit, same applies to tattoos and piercings like get the fuck over it some people want to look cool. honestly this kind of fucks with my self esteem bc rules bar me from having my hair how i want it so i just don't do anything to it. it's just brown and medium length and i don't style it, i just brush it and go. it's ugly and i have no lust for life, the man has drained me of personality xoxoxo

anyway, i bought a pink wig that i wear sometimes bc if i can't dye my hair i'll put on different hair, but considering the state of the world, that isn't often bc where am i gonna wear it to lol. the most i've ever gotten to do to my hair was dying it purple, however it barely looked purple. i didn't bleach my hair before i did it bc you know lol jobs and such, but it looked more like a dark auburn color than purple so i barely even count this.

sorry for the rant but this is really personal to me and has dictated way too much of my life tbh

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Sometimes I think it would be fun to have colored hair, but upkeep is a bitch and dyed hair that isn't well maintained looks kinda bad sometimes, either at the roots, texture-wise or both. If I had the motivation to touch up my roots often I might, but I know I'm pretty lazy about my hair so I'd rather not. I also have black hair, and bleaching black hair enough so that it can take in color can be quite a process - my hair is really healthy and shiny at the moment so I don't want to mess with it like that. If I did, I'd probably do an ombre too so I don't have to deal with the roots issue at least.

I dyed my hair reddish when I was going into 6th grade I think, and it took me a long time to grow out the split ends. But I think it was particularly damaging since I was so young, and I just didn't know how to take care of my hair then.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I highly encourage anyone who wants to play with new hair styles and colors to just go for it! Provided your job and home security won't be negatively impacted, obviously. But really, it's just hair, it grows back and you can always keep experimenting. Don't be afraid of what other people think. It's meant to be fun! It's just the time commitment and the money (if you're not doing it yourself) that sucks lmao.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I've dyed my hair so much! In high school I did blue, teal, purple, and red. Since then I've slowed down for a few years because I damaged my hair with how often I was doing it and not taking care of it properly. Since then I've just dyed my hair black a couple times since that didn't require bleaching and it looks better than brown. I might go back to other colours sometime this year and just be more careful though, it's been long enough that my hair is mostly healthy again.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I dyed my hair onyx. It would look purple in some light and black in other light. I ended up not liking it as much as I thought it would, until it was beginning to fade a little and mix with my ash brown hair. I thought it looked great.

Years
i love looking at other people's cool hair colors, but never felt like doing it to myself. i'm perfectly fine with the natural black hair i'm sporting right now, and am too lazy to go out and get it dyed lol. i express myself with minimalism is all :)

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
I currently have extremely long brown hair but I honestly want to dye it green or at the very least have an ombre with both my natural colour and green or I can dye it dark green with lighter green highlights. It has been a while since I've dyed it however. Was considering shorter hair or even something like a Mohawk since I've had long hair for such a while and I am tempted to change it up but long hair just suits me so much and I guess I have a fear of I'm probably gonna hate it. I know it's hair and it grows back but it does take a while. Maybe if I get the courage then I'll do it!

Years
If I had to change my color I would probably choose red. That is my mother's hair color, and her mother was a redhead too. The color pops up in my family from time to time, and it's a strong look. My hair is naturally a charcoal color instead like my dad's hair. I am okay with the color of my hair. I have never chemically-treated my hair to color it before, and don't know if I ever would. Instead I am more interested in trying new haircuts and styles and finding different hats, scarves and hair accessories, than I am changing the color itself.

I have in the past though experimented with conditioning my hair with henna, which is a natural colorant. I used it because it made my curls really soft and I found it cleansing, and didn't mind a red gold highlight streaked through my hair here and there as bonus. But I haven't done a henna treatment in years, the process is too laborious, and my hair has long since reverted back to it's natural color. But it gives me some idea of what my hair would look like dyed, and it's kinda fun to think about.

Last edited:

HitmonSal

Mon top!
Years
I'm currently blue at the moment. (Crazy colour sky blue) I'm thinking of changing my hair colour for the seasons so Winter is blue right now. I think in spring I want to go emerald green!

I used to have purple hair before then, and red before that. I decided to go blue cos I was sick of pleasing everybody else and I just wanted to express who I am! Shame it took me to 29 to learn that :(

Back