• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first anime?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Try Some These Anime's I Recomend
01. Fairy Tail(Try this It's Awesome So far)
02. Bleach (Currently Watching It, It's Epic)
03. Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood(this was Fun to watch)
04. Nura : Rise of The Yokai Clan (this was awesome even if it's only 24 Episodes )
05. Squid Girl(This was Funny)
06. Deltora Quest(If you like Fantasy)
07. Sword Art Online(I Heard This one is Epic )
08. Cardfight!! Vanguard(I Haven't Watch the Whole Thing Yet)
09. Dragon Ball Z (What a Classic)
He's open to suggestions for... not-so-mainstream anime I would say.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Any suggestions? I'm completely open to anything! :)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Magical girl but darker)
Azumanga Daioh (Moe/Comedy/Slice of life)
Clannad/After Story (>tfw to most)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (might be a bit too outdated/artsy to enjoy)
Cowboy Bebop (a rare one where most people rather the dub)
FLCL (Fast paced original video animation (OVA) that inspired gurren/kill la kill)
Serial Experiments Lain (cyberpunk tech anime)
Movies:
Akira (80s movie with really good animation but flawed story wise)
Ghost in the shell (The Matrix tier)
Tokyo Godfathers (Never seen but praised)
They are pretty entry-level stuff with praise.

Years
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I've actually just got hold of Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I'm about to watch the first episode. Fingers crossed it's not too bad of a watch. :D

Thanks again everyone. (y)

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I've actually just got hold of Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I'm about to watch the first episode. Fingers crossed it's not too bad of a watch. :D

Thanks again everyone. (y)
Just don't expect salior moon from it with villain of the day.
Actually... Matrix is GitS tier.
I know GitS came first but I meant the style.

TheWanap

Developing: Pokemon: Cursed Time
Years
Well, my 1st anime was Highschool DxD, because my friends recommended it to me. After I watched that I moved to Angel Beats and I'm now watching it.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Oh, Hm... I know I watched just about everything 4kids had back in 02/03. Back then I think the only 3 actual anime they had at the time besides Pokemon where Fighting Foodons, Kirby Right Back at Ya, and Sonic X. So, Yeah. I'm gonna say it was Fighting Foodons chronologically, but I watched the heck out of Kirby and Sonic X... maybe cuz they where on longer? However, at the time, I didn't know those where Anime at the time. and then around 04 I vaguely remember Shaman King and One Piece... still unawares of what they where.

It wasn't until 2005 when Mew Mew Power/Tokyo Mew Mew and Magical DoReMi/Ojamajo Doremi aired that I finally found out what Anime is. And I think it took me at least a year to find out how that word was pronounced. XD

Also, the first SUBBED anime I watched was Ojamajo Doremi, when I discovered that was a thing. Funfact, the Fansubbing group didn't finish subbing all 200 episodes until a few months ago.. the anime itself is over a decade old now!

and an hour later TMNT ^-^
But... that actually is a cartoon.

Arkayide

AKA [Insertnamehere]
Years
My first was... wait for it... Dinosaur King. I bet not many of you have heard of that one. That was at least the first one I knew was an anime.

Last edited:
Years
*Insert obligatory "first anime was Pokemon" here*
Of course, what really got me into anime was Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Kind of a weird starting point don't you think?

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
My first anime was probably dragonball or slamdunk. Since that's what the cousin that is taking care of me watching. :3

Years
First there was Voltron, that I happened to stumble upon one day many years ago (pre-Toonami), and I was young and it seemed awesome. Although apparently not awesome enough for me to remember the channel at first, since it took me several tries of stumbling upon it to remember. P: I was not a smart kid apparently. I didn't even know what "anime" was at the time, and I watched that because it seemed ~so cool~ compared to the other animated things I tended to watch.

Few years later...there was Gatchaman. The G-Force dub, to be precise. Stumbled upon that, got hooked. Obsessed, even. Not entirely sure why, since while I still have a special love for that series, it's definitely campy as anything and I still wonder how I got into it ah ha. Still didn't know what anime was by then, was definitely tickled when I got decent internet for the first time and found out oh hey this series is from Japan well that's cool.

Although, come to think about it, I think I was watching Ronin Warriors around that same time period...I keep forgetting that show existed. Ah, that's how I spent part of my mornings before school, though!

But yeah, all those series definitely got me interested in see more "anime" stuff, but I didn't really get into watching more series until years later. Lack of being able to get my hands on things is what did it - I was confined to what was on TV and what meager selection was available where I lived. :( If it wasn't uber-popular, it probably wasn't available, alas.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
Well, I was into the Pokémon animes first because I like Pokémon.
Other than that, my first anime shows were D Gray Man and Detective Conan. I got them both as Christmas presents in the same year. It took me about a week each to watch the seasons. Good times...

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Not counting Pokemon, it was Gundam Wing. Not really the best Gundam, but I think that might be part of why I love mecha series so much.

Back