• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I'm hosting the resource packs on google drive, I doubt that should be giving you issues since the site is secure. As for my own site, it could be firewall or anti-malware blocking the site because it is not a trusted source. Also since the .nazuka host adds pop-cash ads onto all the HTML code automatically, your browser may be blocking it because of that. I've compiled the scripts on google drive for you. I've checked, and all the script files are currently online. Try messing around with your browser settings. I assure you I uploaded no malware onto the site.

I was just stupid about the resources on google drive lol. It is definitely something with malware blocking or ad blocking of some sort. Thanks so much for putting them together for me! I trust your site is safe haha. I'll mess around with those settings in a bit.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
Sure thing. I just updated the Battle and Scene scripts to add for that change. If you want to play a battle BGM, all you have to do is add a third field to the array that will be the name of the BGM (as a string). The BGM change is completely optional, and you can have in-battle trainer speech without having to change the BGM.
Code:
pbTrainerBattle(trainerid,trainername,["end speech","in-battle speech","BWGymLastPokemon"])

Thanks a lot for this update. I don't know if it's me, but there is a little delay between the trainer sprite insertion and the message display. At first, I though the script had crash. I noticed the same problem while using the other script so it's probably something with your battle system, since it worked fine with the basic battle system. (and yes, I deleted the old script modification before)
Not a major issue though.

I still have the sound problem with the back button in the bag menu. I'll try your scripts in a brand new Essential project to see if it's not related to any modifications I've made on my side. Even if I don't see what would cause that, since I never modified your script neither the basic battle scripts except some values for the old UI battleboxes.

Nice new transitions btw.

Erassus

I'm back.
Years
For anyone who wants the "Ability Activated" with BW2 Sound, download View attachment 74956 and put the file in Audio\SE

Now in EliteBattle_Scene line 1669 change:

Code:
    pbSEPlay("SE_Zoom2.wav") 

With

pbSEPlay("SE_AbilityActivate.wav")

Enjoy your new ability sound. Hope Luka can add this to EB Resources.

Example preview.

Last edited:

Courtland

"It's time for the Revelation..." - Pokemon Doomsd
Years
This script is awesome, great work BTW, but one question....Why are trainers so GIGANTIC?!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
This script is awesome, great work BTW, but one question....Why are trainers so GIGANTIC?!

Because
a) you didn't format them properly
b) didn't change the TRAINERSPRITESCALE to a number appropriate for your sprites

@Erassus: I am working on some things. I'll add the sound effects provided by BadSamaritan soon. Don't worry.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Thanks for bringing it up, I never test my game stuff on the large resolution. The main issue for the lag is the battle background. Since I have to use such a large bitmap, to give room for the various movements and distortions, it gets harder to apply them on a larger screen resolution. I have fixed up the performance by a bit, but ultimately had to remove the various tilts to the "camera angle" when playing on the large resolution. Adding angles to the battlebg dramatically decreases performance when on the large resolution. Optimal sizes are the medium and small one, yes.

The updated scripts are Scene and Animations. I'll update the changelog too.
* More tweaking done to the two sections.

Just a quick thought (maybe you've already thought of this). Having large bitmaps loaded into memory is a waste of resources (really an issue with how RMXP handles bitmaps to be honest). The best way to reduce the lag caused by the large image is to ditch loading it as a bitmap and load it using a tiling based system. You then only have to load the tiles necessary for the current display and when you're about to scroll the background, you can eager load the tiles that are are about to come up (think of how the map scene works) and then null the ones that are disappearing off the screen.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Is there anyway you can make is to that the Positioner also positions other forms, it would be useful for positioning megas.

Years
I'm again here :D
Thanks for help me again.
I have this problem now, started when I start a trainer battle. the game crashes and that was the mensage:
Spoiler:

your time luka. thanks again for you help.
see ya ~

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Is there anyway you can make is to that the Positioner also positions other forms, it would be useful for positioning megas.
The Gen 6 Project allows you to do that via additional Y offsets in MultipleForms. Stock Essentials doesn't. I will not be making changes to the compiler and the way pokemon.txt is set up, to add form offsets, because Essentials doesn't currently have those. That's not my department.
I have this problem now, started when I start a trainer battle. the game crashes and that was the mensage:
You're doing something wrong with the EntryAnimations script.

I've updated the Battle and Scene portions of the script, to add some sound effects and some additional changes. I've also updated the Resource Pack, but can't remember the individual items I've added, so you'll have to get the whole thing. Sorry.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
Well compared to the resource pack I downloaded a month ago, you added the ME folder in Audio and in SE you added BW_open, BW_flee, BW_exp and BW_ability.

I'll try those new sounds. Can you keep updating the changelog please, last update is from May, 4th ^^

Years
You're doing something wrong with the EntryAnimations script.
I just paste that script on the editor and the error occurs....
I put the script above the main and after the EB2015 scripts on my editor, in the order of the post. It doesn't works here.

Last edited:

Florio

Years
Spoiler:

I get this error when I'm trying to replace an old move with a new move in-battle, the move doesn't learn. I'm assuming it has to do with Battle System since it doesn't happen with TMs.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I get this error when I'm trying to replace an old move with a new move in-battle, the move doesn't learn. I'm assuming it has to do with Battle System since it doesn't happen with TMs.

Fixed. Update the Scene.

I just paste that script on the editor and the error occurs....
I put the script above the main and after the EB2015 scripts on my editor, in the order of the post. It doesn't works here.

Again, I don't know what you're doing that's different. You're the only one getting issues (so far - I certainly don't have any). Your error is saying that there is no bitmap for the transition effects. There are only two bitmaps in the transitions. The vsBall I provided you guys with, and the Graphics.snap_to_bitmap that gets created in the code. Your error is saying that you don't have that one. And I don't know what you've been doing to your project, that disables that part of the Graphics module.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
hi, i use the pokemon essential gen 6 ver 2, and It includes this script , but in the battle , the move buttons from the fairy move , they not seen in battle, i check the moveselbuttons picture, and they not have the fairy type, if i add this in that picture, they would seen in battle? or i have to change something in the script?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
hi, i use the pokemon essential gen 6 ver 2, and It includes this script , but in the battle , the move buttons from the fairy move , they not seen in battle, i check the moveselbuttons picture, and they not have the fairy type, if i add this in that picture, they would seen in battle? or i have to change something in the script?

It's an added resource on the gen 6 thread that I had made.
Luka's system is B/W style and doesn't include gen 6 resources.

Florio

Years
Now there is a new problem after updating scene, happens whenever you capture a Pokemon.
Spoiler:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Now there is a new problem after updating scene, happens whenever you capture a Pokemon.

There is no problem. The only problem is whether or not you can bother to read.

@akane159: At the time I was making the graphics, it wasn't compatible with the Gen 6 Project, so I only included gen 5 resources. I'll make the button for Fairy type moves later today.

Florio

Years
There is no problem. The only problem is whether or not you can bother to read.

What are you talking about? I updated to your scene it fixed the move thing but then broke catching. All I changed was Scene so you clearly broke catching somehow.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
What are you talking about? I updated to your scene it fixed the move thing but then broke catching. All I changed was Scene so you clearly broke catching somehow.

I clearly broke nothing. Your problem is that you think 5 comes before 4. All you have to do is look at either:
a) the previous page of the thread
b) changelog on the first page​
It makes sense that updates are sequential, right? And this can be derived from simple common semse. If I fix one thing in one update, and fix another in the next one, it would make sense that I retained the fix from the previous update. If you still can't figure it out, I am so sorry. Babe.

Anyone who needs the Fairy move button, it's here. I'll update the resource pack in a bit.

Last edited:
Back