• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Rename this Board “Forum Feedback&Support”

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Far too often I see help threads from people who don't need any help regarding the Forum or have Feedback for the many Staff members who help keep this place from becoming a chaotic disorderly nightmare. My suggestion is that the board be renamed to better represent what form of help people wish to seek within and that is specifically help with anything related to the Forum(like account related, posting, avatar&signature, etc.) while things such as Rom Help go to the appropriate board(a Link is nice but more is needed to discourage them from posting in the wrong place as I see it).

Years
I am for anything that will get all the ROM hacking questions out of here and to where they belong but at this point I dunno if it'll really help. Worth a try though.

Years
I remember a few years back when forum descriptions were a thing and it was bolded that rom hacking questions don't belong here and they still were made.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I am all for trying the name change but you could literally rename the board DO NOT POST ROM QUESTIONS HERE and people would still post ROM questions here 8(

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
I don't think that there will ever be anything that can be done to ever completely eliminate the whole misplaced questions/threads thing, it's something we'll always have to live with, but that's not a reason to not try to do things to reduce it, even a little. I'm for altering the name.

Which, I think another thing that might help a little bit would be to remove the links redirecting people to the Fan Games section. This sounds like a backwards idea at first, given that the idea with putting them there in the first place was to reduce the amount of misplaced ROM Hack threads, but I get the feeling that these people don't get that it's a link to the proper place and instead perceive it as "hey come post yer ROM Hack questions here". That it actually has the opposite of the desired effect.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I honestly thought there was a "Forum" in front of Feedback before. Easy thing to just re-add it.

And yeah..... The "Fan Game Help" that basically looks like a header for this forum certainly won't keep people away. Good catch.

Last edited:
Years
The place has gone through many renames to help it. You'd think "Feedback" would tip people off, but nope. Ultimately, it's not a major concern, and adding "Forum" isn't going to help it. (Plus, PC pertains to more than just its forum.)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Then why not renaming it "PC Feedback&Support" with the addition of removing the Rom Hack link so people aren't confused as to where to go for Rom Hack help. All I know is that everytime I look in here for people looking for help on something, I almost always come across a Rom Hacking question. For those moderating or in charge of this area of the Forum... I bless thee because I'd go insane over that.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
this doesn't look half bad, not sure what everyone else thinks though. i'm down to try anything to divert rom hacking traffic to the correct place:

RXxH6UA.png

Years
I'm for anything if it's to stop the sheer amount of ROM Hacking questions. tokyodrift's idea is one I'm on board with.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
It was at one point called Community Questions & Feedback and even that didn't help, despite it stating that it was about the community. Perhaps trying it a bit more direct in this manner could help, but we'll see.

Years
It was at one point called Community Questions & Feedback and even that didn't help, despite it stating that it was about the community. Perhaps trying it a bit more direct in this manner could help, but we'll see.

I remember that and it still didn't stop the ROM Hacking noobs. I feel doing the "No ROM Hacking questions" statement in a more direct way may be the best manner, though I do feel worried it may intimidate those users who joined mostly for that section.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
since the flood of rom hacking questions is causing everyone such grief, why not just add a big "click here if you have a rom hacking question" splash image thing that redirects to the rom hack section

Years
since the flood of rom hacking questions is causing everyone such grief, why not just add a big "click here if you have a rom hacking question" splash image thing that redirects to the rom hack section

Now that would be a good idea. Have something that actually takes them to the correct place so that the mods won't be worked off their feet.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Could do that too yeah. Doing it specifically like that would be better than what it was before. It just saying "Fan Games Help" and nothing else or whatever exactly it was probably just made it look like a banner saying that this was the place to do it. Specifically saying "please click here" (with the text more appearing more obviously as a link) is more likely to get people to actually redirect themselves to Fan Games/ROM Hacking.

Years
Could do that too yeah. Doing it specifically like that would be better than what it was before. It just saying "Fan Games Help" and nothing else or whatever exactly it was probably just made it look like a banner saying that this was the place to do it. Specifically saying "please click here" (with the text more appearing more obviously as a link) is more likely to get people to actually redirect themselves to Fan Games/ROM Hacking.

I think it should say something like "If you have questions about ROM Hacking or fan games, click here".

Reactions: Nah
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Create an if condition that users have to answer when they're going to make a new thread in this forum. The condition asks "Is this thread about a ROM or a general ROM Hacking question?" If they answer yes, push their thread into the hacking forum by simply redirecting the thread new to a different forum. If the answer is no, let post it here.

It triggers any time https://www.pokecommunity.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=4 is accessed.

Last edited:
Back