• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: B/W Trainer Editor

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
trdata = a/0/9/2
trpoke = a/0/9/3

How to use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVjaRgmB9Y

v1.1a
Tweaked the lists for trainer names and trainer class.

Spoiler:

BWTE: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3706406/Files/BWTE v1.1a.rar
Other Tools: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3706406/Files/Other Tools.rar

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
I get this error: Install .NET framework v.4.0.30319. Contact the publisher for more information.

looper

German Hacker
Years
i didn't ever heard of problems with vistaproblems, if you have installed the .NET-Framework 4.0.

Topic: Can I post this(with credits) on the german RH-Site romresources.net?

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
For those who are struggling to figure out how this works:

1) Download it
2) Install the Net Framework if you get a runtime error (link in above posts)
3) Use something like Tahaxan to extract the nameless files found in a/0/9/2 and a/0/9/3. Name them as trdata.narc and trpoke.narc respectively.
4) You can use whatever unpacking program you want, but the only one I could get to work was CrystalTile2. With CrystalTile2 go to File>Open and open one of the 2 .narc files. You will get a pop-up box with approx 616 lines in it. Make a folder called trpoke (or trdata) then right click one of them and select EXPORT and save it in the folder you created. To save time, you can hold shift and highlight all at once if you want all of them.
5) run the trainer editor and select the 2 folders as the destinations then edit your trainers and their pokes, save them, use CrystalTile2 to import the altered files in (rightclick > IMPORT) and then use Tahaxan to repack them to the ROM.

Hope that helps a bit :S I'm not the most experienced at ROM hacking but this method worked for me lol.

Last edited:

pokewalker

Years

1) Download it
3) Use something like Tahaxan to extract the nameless files found in a/0/9/2 and a/0/9/3. Name them as trdata.narc and trpoke.narc respectively.
4) You can use whatever unpacking program you want, but the only one I could get to work was CrystalTile2. With CrystalTile2 go to File>Open and open one of the 2 .narc files. You will get a pop-up box with approx 616 lines in it. Make a folder called trpoke (or trdata) then right click one of them and select EXPORT and save it in the folder you created. To save time, you can hold shift and highlight all at once if you want all of them.
5) run the trainer editor and select the 2 folders as the destinations then edit your trainers and their pokes, save them, use CrystalTile2 to import the altered files in (rightclick > IMPORT) and then use Tahaxan to repack them to the ROM.

Hope that helps a bit :S I'm not the most experienced at ROM hacking but this method worked for me lol.

I know how to hack a rom, but the main problem is my computer says that I need more free space :S I'm now deleting some programs but instead of giving more free space it gives me less sometimes :@

EDIT:Yay! It is now installing! In the time it took me to get enough free space I already unpacked all files with Nitro Explorer 2b and kiwi DS.

Last edited:

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
Years
Use some kind of program to extract the contents of the narc files into a folder. There should be 616 files each.

trdata = a/0/9/2
trpoke = a/0/9/3

Please report any bugs.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3706406/Files/BWTE.rar
Spoiler:

Great tool and I look forward to using it. Quick question though, how did you get the English names for the other Pokemon on the game? Is there a new tool that's out now or a patch? Thanks

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012

1) Download it

.NET framework fixed the problem... I did that and now its working....:D I'm gonna have to add in the English names manually.... oh well, this is awesome. THANKS SO MUCH MAGIUS!!! I've been wanting to make the game harder and now I can.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
Does anybody know what the numbers are for N? I only found the League Match against N and the one in Electric Rock Cave but where can I find the other 2??

pokewalker

Years
.NET framework fixed the problem... I did that and now its working....:D I'm gonna have to add in the English names manually.... oh well, this is awesome. THANKS SO MUCH MAGIUS!!! I've been wanting to make the game harder and now I can.

Don't steal my idea of making the game extreme hard please :(

Anyways Magius, this is a great tool and I haven't encountered any bugs yet! I've edited 43 of the 661? trainers and it works smoothly. That's it.

blue

gucci
Years
Don't steal my idea of making the game extreme hard please :(

Anyways Magius, this is a great tool and I haven't encountered any bugs yet! I've edited 43 of the 661? trainers and it works smoothly. That's it.

This looks so good, I've already done this with Emerald, Fire Red & Crystal, and I had a hell of a time with Emerald editing all the trainers.. only just finished now but I'm going to use this once I've played through the english version of Black & White to make a harder version, not to release but plainly for myself, it's going to take a while though :( but can't wait :)! Probally gonna need a little help though... ahahaha.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Hey.
I've been trying to the end of the world to edit the trainers. But... I just can't!

Every time I try to choose a trainer my PC keeps pointing an error:

Code:
************** Texto de la excepción **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Índice fuera de los límites de la matriz.
   en BWTE.Form1.comboBox_TrainerID_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
i have downloaded pokemon black eur version and i have used nitro explorer 2b and crystaltile2 but i get after extract only 615 why is that ? is there a tutorial more accurate more easy or video ?

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
i have downloaded pokemon black eur version and i have used nitro explorer 2b and crystaltile2 but i get after extract only 615 why is that ? is there a tutorial more accurate more easy or video ?

There's a Chance a trainer was removed in the localization. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for one, could you still edit the trainers?

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
Years
I noticed the same, but I also remember seeing a 0 file.If it ranges from 0-615, that's 616 files. I'm not sure wether I really saw a 0 file, but I'll go check. Yes, I was right. So that's 616 files.
So yeah, I'm gonna test if this works with the (E) rom. I'll report back later.

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2023
So ? I'm having the same error, I really think it's a compatibility problem with the PAL rom. Maybe this program only work with the US version.

Back