• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
A Hunt for A Shiny

Hi guys, so lately, I was teased by the fact that I never came by any shiny pokemon. So, I dedicated my Playtime to get a Shiny Rayquaza :D

I already met rayquaza, only thing I need is the procedures.
What I am currently doing is: Save my game in front of Rayquaza, Battle him, and if not shiny, reset and battle again. Is this the correct way or am I wasting my time. Do the chance shuffle as Long as I reset?

Years
Hi guys, so lately, I was teased by the fact that I never came by any shiny pokemon. So, I dedicated my Playtime to get a Shiny Rayquaza :D

I already met rayquaza, only thing I need is the procedures.
What I am currently doing is: Save my game in front of Rayquaza, Battle him, and if not shiny, reset and battle again. Is this the correct way or am I wasting my time. Do the chance shuffle as Long as I reset?

Yeah. you're in the right direction. But good luck. It takes forever. ._.

.,:;'`Ghost`';:,.

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2011
I'm lost—I already read walkthroughs but I can't seem to find a way to continue playing after having beaten my father. I'm doing the tricks house and I tried finding the old man with the boat but he's not here anymore. I don't know how to obtain surf and what to do next.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm lost—I already read walkthroughs but I can't seem to find a way to continue playing after having beaten my father. I'm doing the tricks house and I tried finding the old man with the boat but he's not here anymore. I don't know how to obtain surf and what to do next.

Go back to Petalburg and go into the house to the left of the gym. Wally's father will give you Surf. Then, head to Mauville and go right until you reach the beach-like place. Surf across and continue your journey. :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2012
Doesn't he give you the HM the moment you beat Norman? =/

---

I have a "small" problem here. Unfortunally, Shadow Ball is a one-time TM (as in only one in the game, no chance to buy it on GC) on Pokémon Emerald.

So, I'm currently on Mossdeep (just beat Team Magma and Aqua's hideouts) and I have a level 38 Crobat and a level 38 Mightyena. And only one shadow ball (which is the problem).

Something that I "learned" about Crobat and Mightyena (being two of my favourite Pokémons) is that their movepool isn't that good (to the point of I having Tackle on the two of them just a couple levels back) and that Shadow Ball can make a huge part of their moveset.

Their current moveset is:

-Crobat:
Fly
Air Cutter (yea... two flying moves)
Bite
Confuse Ray

-Mightyena:
Take Down
Swagger
Sand-attack (yup)
Bite

So, I know Mightyena learns Crunch a bit later, but unless the TM for Sludge Bomb or Sludge or just any other Poison move in the game (other than the level-up Poison Fang) shows up (if so, where?) I really don't know who to give Shadow Ball to.
Unfortunally, I can't trade any of them to FR so I can buy the TM at the Game Corner, because it's an emulator. But with only having one Shadow Ball, who do you think would be best to give it too?

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Doesn't he give you the HM the moment you beat Norman? =/

It automatically takes you to his house on Emerald, but Ruby and Sapphire you'll have to go to the house yourself.

I have a "small" problem here. Unfortunally, Shadow Ball is a one-time TM (as in only one in the game, no chance to buy it on GC) on Pokémon Emerald.

So, I'm currently on Mossdeep (just beat Team Magma and Aqua's hideouts) and I have a level 38 Crobat and a level 38 Mightyena. And only one shadow ball (which is the problem).

Something that I "learned" about Crobat and Mightyena (being two of my favourite Pokémons) is that their movepool isn't that good (to the point of I having Tackle on the two of them just a couple levels back) and that Shadow Ball can make a huge part of their moveset.

Their current moveset is:

-Crobat:
Fly
Air Cutter (yea... two flying moves)
Bite
Confuse Ray

-Mightyena:
Take Down
Swagger
Sand-attack (yup)
Bite

So, I know Mightyena learns Crunch a bit later, but unless the TM for Sludge Bomb or Sludge or just any other Poison move in the game (other than the level-up Poison Fang) shows up (if so, where?) I really don't know who to give Shadow Ball to.
Unfortunally, I can't trade any of them to FR so I can buy the TM at the Game Corner, because it's an emulator. But with only having one Shadow Ball, who do you think would be best to give it too?

I think you should give it to Mightyena, it already has bad moves, Crobat has two types of moves, while Mightyena has dark and normal which isn't super effective against anything, take down also gives recoil damage, swagger isn't necessary in my opinion. Sludge bomb is in Dewford town (In the house where they talk about hip words) North of the Pokemon Centre, talk to the guy in white with glasses near the entry.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can't teach Sludgebomb to Mightyena though. So that's a problem. Not many options for him in gen III unfortunately. You have Crunch coming up at level 47 though, which will help. Shadow Ball would be redundant, since Ghost and Dark cover the same types, so I'd go Iron Tail or Facade (Normal moves aren't that bad!), or even Hidden Power and hope you luck out with that.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2012
You can't teach Sludgebomb to Mightyena though. So that's a problem. Not many options for him in gen III unfortunately. You have Crunch coming up at level 47 though, which will help. Shadow Ball would be redundant, since Ghost and Dark cover the same types, so I'd go Iron Tail or Facade (Normal moves aren't that bad!), or even Hidden Power and hope you luck out with that.

Sludge Bomb was for Crobat, to replace Air Cutter :D

I almost forgot about Hidden Power. It turns out it's a Fighting type, so yup, it was a good choice. I guess I'll keep it with HP and then try and add something to take out Swagger for Iron Tail when I get Waterfall.

It automatically takes you to his house on Emerald, but Ruby and Sapphire you'll have to go to the house yourself.

I think you should give it to Mightyena, it already has bad moves, Crobat has two types of moves, while Mightyena has dark and normal which isn't super effective against anything, take down also gives recoil damage, swagger isn't necessary in my opinion. Sludge bomb is in Dewford town (In the house where they talk about hip words) North of the Pokemon Centre, talk to the guy in white with glasses near the entry.

I switched out Air Cutter for Sludge Bomb and Bite for Shadow Ball, since I already got types covered on Mightyena. Just for curiosity's sake I put HP on Crobat and it was a Flying type.

Thanks to the both of you for the help =)

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2011
I'm playing Emerald and I started reading up on EV training (also on IVs) yesterday for a couple hours. I have a couple questions that I could not seem to find an answer for.

1. I got a Bagon, never gained any experience yet. I wanna eventually evolve him into a Metagross. If I start EV training Bagon now, will all the EV points still be distributed to those stats I EV trained him in when he eventually evolves into a Metagross?

2. None of my pokemon have the Pokerus virus. But hypothetically speaking, lets say Bagon does have the Pokerus virus and experience share equipped and I'm fighting with my Sceptile . I know experience share will also give Bagon EVs from the battle Sceptile won. Sceptile beat a pokemon for 1 EV for the Attack stat. Will Bagon receive 2 EVs for the Attack stat since he has the Pokerus virus?

3. I read that people are starting their EV training at Level 1. Is it even possible to get a Level 1 pokemon without cheating (gameshark/codebreaker/glitches)? Or can pokemon actually be hatched out of an egg at Level 1?

4. I understand how some natures pokemon have will add 10% in one stat and negate 10% in another or not add/negate a stat at all. But from Serebii's website at the bottom of a page on a pokemon, it says "Hindering Nature", "Neutral Nature" and "Beneficial Nature". How do I know what nature would Hinder/be Beneficial to Bagon? I'm assuming the "Neutral Nature" would be natures that do not add/negate stats such as the Bashful Nature, Docile Nature, Hardy Nature, etc.

**NOTE** I have read and re-read the FAQ and the answers to these questions could not be found. I appreciate any/all help with these questions.

Last edited:
Years
1) Bagon evolves into Shelgon and then into Salamence... did you mean Beldum? That's Metagross' first form. And yes, the EVs will be distributed even when it evolves, don't worry!

2) Yes, you'll get double EVs from Exp. Share even if the infected Pokemon didn't battle.

3) Starting generation IV, Pokemon hatch from eggs at level 1. So yup, it's possible.

4) Salamence's (Bagon's final evolved form) best stats are attack and special attack while Metagross' best stats are attack and defense, so you can make sure it doesn't have a nature that hinders one of those stats. Honestly, either way it's perfectly fine if you're not planning on WiFi battling (which can't be done until gen IV anyway). It pretty much makes no difference in the actual game. You can see Salamence's stat bars here (click) and Metagross' stat bars here (click).

EDIT: It really depends on what moves you plan to teach your Pokemon, though. For example, Metagross learns mainly Psychic moves which are all special attack-based in Gen III and Steel moves, which are all attack-based. So if you plan to have a more attacking rather than defensive Metagross, you can make sure it has a nature that ups its attack or special attack. Opposite for defensive.

Last edited:

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
1. I got a Bagon, never gained any experience yet. I wanna eventually evolve him into a Metagross. If I start EV training Bagon now, will all the EV points still be distributed to those stats I EV trained him in when he eventually evolves into a Metagross?

First off, Bagon dosen't evolve into Metagross, its Salamence :P or were you talking about Beldum? anyways It will have its EV Points even if it evolves, so yes.

2. None of my pokemon have the Pokerus virus. But hypothetically speaking, lets say Bagon does have the Pokerus virus and experience share equipped and I'm fighting with my Sceptile . I know experience share will also give Bagon EVs from the battle Sceptile won. Sceptile beat a pokemon for 1 EV for the Attack stat. Will Bagon receive 2 EVs for the Attack stat since he has the Pokerus virus?

Your right they distribute EV's with an EXP Share but I'm not sure if the EV's are doubled like that, they are doubled with Pokerus though.

3. I read that people are starting their EV training at Level 1. Is it even possible to get a Level 1 pokemon without cheating (gameshark/codebreaker/glitches)? Or can pokemon actually be hatched out of an egg at Level 1?

In GEN IV and up when a Pokemon hatches from an egg it will be Lv.1 You can really start EV Training at any Level, as long as the Pokemon has not been in a battle.

4. I understand how some natures pokemon have will add 10% in one stat and negate 10% in another or not add/negate a stat at all. But from Serebii's website at the bottom of a page on a pokemon, it says "Hindering Nature", "Neutral Nature" and "Beneficial Nature". How do I know what nature would Hinder/be Beneficial to Bagon? I'm assuming the "Neutral Nature" would be natures that do not add/negate stats such as the Bashful Nature, Docile Nature, Hardy Nature, etc.

Yea your right, neutral dosen't add or subract from a stat, for

Bagon: Jolly, Modest
Beldum: Naive, Naughty

GEN III also has a difference with Attack/Special attack split. So all Dragon and Psychic moves are special, all Steel and Flying moves are Physical (Attack) These are the types of Bagon's evolution and Beldum.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2011
1) Bagon evolves into Shelgon and then into Salamence... did you mean Beldum? That's Metagross' first form. And yes, the EVs will be distributed even when it evolves, don't worry!

Lol...Can't believe I screwed that up. Too many things going on in my head with this and other stuff at home....at least, this is the excuse I'm gonna use for the screw up :P Yes, I did mean Beldum.

2) Yes, you'll get double EVs from Exp. Share even if the infected Pokemon didn't battle.

3) Starting generation IV, Pokemon hatch from eggs at level 1. So yup, it's possible.

4) Salamence's (Bagon's final evolved form) best stats are attack and special attack while Metagross' best stats are attack and defense, so you can make sure it doesn't have a nature that hinders one of those stats. Honestly, either way it's perfectly fine if you're not planning on WiFi battling (which can't be done until gen IV anyway). It pretty much makes no difference in the actual game. You can see Salamence's stat bars here (click) and Metagross' stat bars here (click).

EDIT: It really depends on what moves you plan to teach your Pokemon, though. For example, Metagross learns mainly Psychic moves which are all special attack-based in Gen III and Steel moves, which are all attack-based. So if you plan to have a more attacking rather than defensive Metagross, you can make sure it has a nature that ups its attack or special attack. Opposite for defensive.

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me. I think I have EV training down now.
**NOTE** I had to edit out the link to the sites you provided due to me not having 15 posts.

Also, @crazzler, your input is appreciated too. Thank you both! :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2011
I have another question on EV Training:

You can only receive 510 EV points total. So if I'm EV training my Bagon in Sp. Attack and I max out his EVs (255 EV points) in this stat and keep battling Oddish's, will I lose some EV points to add to the Speed stat?

For instance, there are 255 points already in the Sp. Att stat. I battle Oddish another 5 times. Will I lose 5 EV points to add to the Speed stat; meaning I will only have 250 EV points to use?

I know I should be targeting 252 EV points max for each stat, but I think I might have forgot to add points once or twice while EV training late last night. So I was just going to give him 255 to be sure I got them all and then move to EV training in speed.

Sorry for the double post...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
Hi guys, im new here.
i want ask 1 quick question?
can someone tell me game pokemon GBA with full pokemon from all pokemon in fire red until all pokemon in diamond, pearl, platinum.
didnt have full its ok, but almost full.

for example magnezone didnt have in fire red, is there gba almost have all? hack version maybe? tell me please.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Hi guys, im new here.
i want ask 1 quick question?
can someone tell me game pokemon GBA with full pokemon from all pokemon in fire red until all pokemon in diamond, pearl, platinum.
didnt have full its ok, but almost full.

for example magnezone didnt have in fire red, is there gba almost have all? hack version maybe? tell me please.

There is no Pokemon GBA game that contains all 386 Pokemon that you're referring to. However; there are hacks out there that have all 386 Pokemon in them. That's all I can say unfortunately, if you want to find them, I'd go look at the Slideshow Showcase in the Rom hacking section. If there is nothing there you want, Google it! :) Hope this helps ~

I have another question on EV Training:

You can only receive 510 EV points total. So if I'm EV training my Bagon in Sp. Attack and I max out his EVs (255 EV points) in this stat and keep battling Oddish's, will I lose some EV points to add to the Speed stat?

For instance, there are 255 points already in the Sp. Att stat. I battle Oddish another 5 times. Will I lose 5 EV points to add to the Speed stat; meaning I will only have 250 EV points to use?

I know I should be targeting 252 EV points max for each stat, but I think I might have forgot to add points once or twice while EV training late last night. So I was just going to give him 255 to be sure I got them all and then move to EV training in speed.

Sorry for the double post...

I don't really know what you're getting at, about losing Ev points, but no, you won't lose Ev points once you're at 255. They'll stay at 255.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2011
Hey everybody, I'm playing emerald and i've hit a wall.

I've beat team magma at Mt. Chimney/their hideout, I have the magma emblem, and I still can't get into Team Aqua's hideout. I've read through walk through guides and wiki answers, but I still can't seem to figure out what I haven't done yet in order to get into the hideout. I'm pretty sure that I haven't met Capt. Stern yet anywhere and I've been wandering around Slateport for awhile now. What else do I need to do because I can't go any further into the game without getting into the hideout.
Could someone try to make something reasonable/helpful out of what I just posted? Or could someone post a link to a really good step by step process of how to get all of this done? I'm sorry if I am a little vague, but I'm kinda burnt out on the whole thing and I could use any help I can get.

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
Hey everybody, I'm playing emerald and i've hit a wall.

I've beat team magma at Mt. Chimney/their hideout, I have the magma emblem, and I still can't get into Team Aqua's hideout. I've read through walk through guides and wiki answers, but I still can't seem to figure out what I haven't done yet in order to get into the hideout. I'm pretty sure that I haven't met Capt. Stern yet anywhere and I've been wandering around Slateport for awhile now. What else do I need to do because I can't go any further into the game without getting into the hideout.
Could someone try to make something reasonable/helpful out of what I just posted? Or could someone post a link to a really good step by step process of how to get all of this done? I'm sorry if I am a little vague, but I'm kinda burnt out on the whole thing and I could use any help I can get.

Before you travel to Slateport, you must first go to Mt. Pyre. My Pyre is located to the South-West of Lilycove - to get there, you travel left from Lilicove, until you reach the Safari Zone entrance. You should see a little port, and then you travel downwards from there. You will need surf. The mountain looks like this (click spoiler)
Spoiler:

Then you will need to travel to the top (not of the tower, but of the cave) and battle Team Aqua and the Old Lady will give you an orb. From there, I believe, you can travel to Slateport, and after that adventure then you can go into their hideout.

This video should help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ28LlQTa-M

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back