• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
I love avatar! I would like to join the club ^^

Username: Omicron
Element: Air

Spoiler:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Since the chatter has died about new topic time:

How do you feel about the speed Korra is developing her abilities in comparison to how quickly Aang developed his?

I think she's either better then Aang was or a better learner? In 1 season she learnt all the elements and at the end she seemingly has the ability to control her avatar state already and it took Aang MUCH longer too get there. I think I would have prefer if they didn't go into Korra gaining her ability to control the avatar state until the second season, like Lin getting her powers back straight away. They could have used it as a learning period for Korra instead of just giving her the ability to give the bending back straight away..

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Well, In the Philippines, Nickelodeon is repeating ATLA from Season 1 up to Sozin's Comet for the Season 1 premiere of LoK... =/ Why is it the network shows the shows when Season 2 will be starting? Ugh... At least I can be up to date... =3

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Username: Mac
Element: Fire

What is your favorite animal crossbreed from the series? Fireferrret. I want one so bad :( I really love Pabu and he's so damn cute. Naga is also pretty amazing.
Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? How about for survival? Combat: Fire, unless you count water for bloodbending. For survival? Not too sure on the survival part :x They need to work together, really... that's when they are at their best.
What do you think was the saddest moment in either series? Yue's death D:
How do you feel about the speed Korra is developing her abilities in comparison to how quickly Aang developed his? Korra wasn't needed as the Avatar until she was older, while Aang was discovered and desperately needed, so he had to learn quickly. Korra actually had the time to learn at what seems to me as a regular pace. Aang, on the other hand, really had to get the ball rolling to learn before Sozin's comet came.

Hi everyone! I just finished LoK tonight and I've seen all of ATLA as well :D I love Korra! ZOMG!

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Joiningggg, hiii. I just finished both series the other day.

Username: Keiran
Element: Air

What is your favorite animal crossbreed from the series?
Probably fireferret or armadillo wolf. A lot of the crossbreeds are ugly. :[ Pabu is ridiculously adorable!

Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during
combat? How about for survival?

I think they're all equally lethal (I don't know why airbenders haven't literally taken someones breath away yet, denying them oxygen etc), but dangerous? Maybe water, not only because of bloodbending but also because of ice (Azula vs. Katara comes to mind).

I think air is best for survival. When everyone was stranded in the desert, Aang just flew away. He also bent clouds to make water. It's also the most evasive in combat.

What do you think was the saddest moment in either series?
Mako being straight. When Amon took bending from people, the looks on their faces were so devastating. Or maybe when Zuko's mother did whatever she did to save him from being murdered.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Ohai!
Long tome no post in here. Just wanted to announce the party time! Why?
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/legend-of-korra-second-season/
enjoy as I do :D

I heard about this and I pretty much fangirled like crazy xD I wish we didn't have to wait so long for Book 2 but it'll be well worth it if it's even half as good as Book 1. I'm curious to see what they will call Books 2-4 since Korra already knows all of the elements...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome all new club members!

Holy fish sticks! Korra is slated to air 52 total episodes! YAY

Here's an awesome preview/animation of book 2, hooray!

What are your initial impressions of Book 2's direction?

Also from Comic-Con, here's two posters, featuring Team Aang and Team Korra.

Alsooo from Comic-Con are concept art images of characters in Book 2.
part 1, part 2, and part 3 and some more... An alternate link of the book 2 animation is on tumblr too.

Summary of what's revealed at Comic-Con:
Spoiler:

Name Dudeman609
Element:Water
Favorite Character:Geez thats really hard if had to pick one in ATLA it would be Zuko
(sorry for no explanation of why i like them because 1.im on an ipad
2.i dont know how to put in spoiler tags)
Hey, maybe you can elaborate, answer some topics, or mingle when you have the time. :D
Spoiler tags are created using these codes: [*spoiler] text inside here [/spoiler] but remove the *

Since the chatter has died about new topic time:

How do you feel about the speed Korra is developing her abilities in comparison to how quickly Aang developed his?

I think she's either better then Aang was or a better learner? In 1 season she learnt all the elements and at the end she seemingly has the ability to control her avatar state already and it took Aang MUCH longer too get there. I think I would have prefer if they didn't go into Korra gaining her ability to control the avatar state until the second season, like Lin getting her powers back straight away. They could have used it as a learning period for Korra instead of just giving her the ability to give the bending back straight away..
Hey there! She's developing way too quickly, probably because they didn't have enough episodes to work with like Aang's story. I'm so happy the episodes were extended.

Spoiler:

Mac and Keiran, you have to tell us how your bodies felt as you guys pretty much watched ATLA and LOK back to back! You cray cray.

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Mac and Keiran, you have to tell us how your bodies felt as you guys pretty much watched ATLA and LOK back to back! You cray cray.

Well, first off, it took me almost a week to finish both and I skipped A LOT of filler in ATLA. >.>

Thankful, because I didn't want to watch someone spending 2 seasons learning things, and only make breakthroughs through dues ex machina. >.> Hopefully we get to see some fully realized Avatar action, along with a good plot!

Spoiler:

Did anyone notice that Aunt Wu was wrong about Kataras death? She said she would die in her sleep after her 3rd grandchild was born, but Rohun is her 4th! D:

Years
@Keiran That's what I thought at first too, but I watched it recently and she said her third GREAT-grandchild. (I've been watching them all again)

As for Korra's abilities... I think her complete control over the avatar state is a little ridiculous. I'm glad the spirits are finally showing up, but I'm not sure how much I like their reappearance. What I mean by that is, in the vid in twilightblade's post, the spirit looks less like the ones from A:TLA and more like a monster, making it seem more like a scooby-doo kind of situation or a ghostbusters situation instead of the spirit world I know and love for the first series. However, I won't judge it until I see it. The second season will DEFINITELY be interesting. I'm especially interested in Asami taking over her father's business/Korra and the spirit world. Actually, I'm only not really interested in Mako's storyline haha.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Blade -- I watched the entire show of both and omg it was awesome. I enjoyed every episode of each to be honest xD I just wish there was more already... so I might start re-watching ATLA again or Korra, I don't know. It just feels so empty without it. And again on the speed...

Spoiler:

Falling Wishes

"We're in space. SPAAAAAACE."
Years
I couldn't stop watching Season one of Korra. That flipped my mind O_O it was so thrilling like those roller coasters that go up and down >~<' I loved how Korra's power was taken away, that added so much drama in the show & how she saw Aang and how he gave her bending back, I was like "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaht!"

I also loved two more things. How Naga was beating the pudding out of the Anti-Benders or however you call them & how Asami was kicking her father's Secret Word. C:

I would have pulled his pants down and smacked him with my Boldore "Me: Boldore use Smack Down"! But one thing shocked me, & that is when the two Blood Benders (Forgot their name :C) got the glove and exploded the boat with them! I never thought there would be suicide in any of the Last Airbender shows! That's all C:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

I really felt like everything happened too quickly with Korra, though then again, if it was all about her quest to master the 4 elements like it was with Aang, I think it would feel more like a remake than a sequel, and Korra's story is supposed to be different after all. Also, she was already able to bend 3 of the elements before the show even began, so she only actually mastered air bending in the first season, and she had had much more training than Aang had, plus someone to teach her throughout it all, without having to constantly be on the move.

Spoiler:

I really look forward to the second season though. Despite not having a clue on what's even happening in the preview, I hope to see a good plot for the second season, plus a good villain. Amon was pretty good, but I'm pretty sure they can do better :p

Years
Didn't it take Korra longer to master her full abilities? Remember Aang was younger than Korra when he used the Avatar state. If anything I think she's still a bit behind him. D:

Years
Welcome KTFG!

Didn't it take Korra longer to master her full abilities? Remember Aang was younger than Korra when he used the Avatar state. If anything I think she's still a bit behind him. D:

But I think the problem is less about age and more about speed. Aang could have begun to use it at 5 and i wouldn't of cared, but Korra had been avatar-stateless for her entire life. And then boom. Fully realized avatar. Also, it makes sense that Aang should've used it young because as said by Roku "The avatar state is a defense mechanism designed to protect the avatar etc" (paraphrase) so that's what makes it really strange with Korra...
And I think it took longer because Korra went about learning the elements properly, years at a time instead of cramming it all into one year.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
Username: Romeo010
Element:Since i cant have all four ill stick with earth
For some reason i feel this club was made for me.... I cant tell why though.
Perhaps Korra can not go into the avatar state because shes lacking....some blue arrows?

SD.

B E N N I N G T O N
Years
Username: SD
Element: Fire(since they can light bend too xD)

What is your favorite animal crossbreed from the series?
appa ftw
Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during
combat?
Earth
How about for survival?
Water
What do you think was the saddest moment in either series?
in the last episode of last airbender; when azula lost againts katara in the agni kai and she cries , filled with rage, anger, pain and sadness​

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
tumblr_m7se19Tft71r4wq0vo3_r1_250.png

so who is excited for this? OMGGGGGgGGG

(no one)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I'm pretty sure that was a while ago? lol that was the last episode of Book 2, I think.

Well, like someone else said Aang had to stop a war before a certain time or the world would die, so I think that would motivate him to learn quickly. He also had a personal grudge because his entire nation had been wiped out because of this.

Also Korra had "official" training and was trying to learn them all right, and while she was doing this she had no knowledge of the danger Republic City was in so there was no sense of urgency, really.

Last edited:
Back