• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm a terrible person and I've never beaten any of the Kanto Elite Four. Not in RBY, and not in FRLG either. :( It probably didn't help that my first two Pokemon games were Gold and Silver.
o_______________O

(And I never use smilies, so this is quite a feat!) This needs correcting, like, now! You've never lived until you've battled about 5 million Dragonites from Lance!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Agreeing with Cat Dog - get to talking on the E4! D=

Team Rocket really dislike Lance's Dragonite from the GSC days, I'm sure. =p

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
o_______________O

(And I never use smilies, so this is quite a feat!) This needs correcting, like, now! You've never lived until you've battled about 5 million Dragonites from Lance!
Well? Does trying to beat the last two members of the Elite Four one my friend's Yellow count? :DDD; yeah probably not.

I have a Yellow, Red, and I think I have a Blue laying around somewhere. I think I actually traded my team from Blue version over to Silver so I could level them up more before the Elite Four, but I never bothered to train them once I did that so they're still on my Silver, ahaa.

/yeah such a sad person.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I DESPISED Lance's Dragonites. I had to beat them with Lugia one time, and I taught it Ice Beam to get the battle over with. Yeah, I was that impatient during my early days of playing Silver. xD

-Ephraim-

Kind by any other name
Years
Lance and his Dragonites... It always seemed like those Hyper Beams had base powers of 500 or something.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I thought the Dragonairs were more annoying to try and beat than the Dragonite. In Yellow Version, that is. They kept icing or Thunder Waving me ;;

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I think the most annoying thing about Gen 1 was the lack of EXP bar. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOUR POKEMON IS GOING TO RAISE A LEVEL!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I think the most annoying thing about Gen 1 was the lack of EXP bar. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOUR POKEMON IS GOING TO RAISE A LEVEL!
Well, iirc you can always check how many exp points it has at the time so you could kind of judge by that (though not precise yeah).

Also the most annoying thing about gen 1 was the bag, Silph Co. and Brock in Yellow.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years

I gotta agree here. xD The bag, I could handle, but the lack of exp bar is partially what prevents replays of gen I games. >___> I don't know why, but having to check the status screen every few battles to see how close I am is too annoying to me. >__<

Ciz

La la la ♪
Years

...yes you get to press the buttons a couple of times after you defeated a pokemon, expecting that the experience had changed into a bundle. -_-"

The console would just surprise you with a Tentenenentententen (LVL UP) sound.

I also agree with the bag. Dhang there's no such thing as categories those days. -_-"

A Bike, a Silphscope, a town map, a masterball and your packed lunch at the same small pockets.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
(SYD, THIS THREAD'S BEEN HERE TOO LONG! IT'S THE INCREDIBLY WANDERING THREAD, NOT THE INCREDIBLY STAY-IN-ONE-FORUM-FOREVER THREAD! :D)

Honestly, I really don't care about the division of the bag. Indeed, when it was first unveiled, I was really annoyed that I had to press even more buttons to get the the right section to get my Potion/Pokeball/whatever. Obviously I've come to terms with it now, but if it went away I wouldn't be distraught that much.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
(SYD, THIS THREAD'S BEEN HERE TOO LONG! IT'S THE INCREDIBLY WANDERING THREAD, NOT THE INCREDIBLY STAY-IN-ONE-FORUM-FOREVER THREAD! :D)

Honestly, I really don't care about the division of the bag. Indeed, when it was first unveiled, I was really annoyed that I had to press even more buttons to get the the right section to get my Potion/Pokeball/whatever. Obviously I've come to terms with it now, but if it went away I wouldn't be distraught that much.

Syd's Ariados used Spider Web on the Incredibly Wandering thread, it is trapped forever.

I could just imagine red putting his hand in his bag to grab something, and then spilling a Soda Pop, ruining everything in the bag.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Syd's Ariados used Spider Web on the Incredibly Wandering thread, it is trapped forever.

I could just imagine red putting his hand in his bag to grab something, and then spilling a Soda Pop, ruining everything in the bag.
I laughed in real life in response to both jokes, but the second one is funnier.

Anyway~, I was actually about to consider playing through Red lately. You guys listing all the horrible things about that generation (which I had completely forgotten) reminded me how I HATE HATE HATE that generation so much. It's so old, it's like Mother 1. (Yes...I know that Mother is far older than Generation 1 from Pokemon, but they are the same in my eyes anyway) You can force yourself into playing--because on the outside the games look so nostalgic, but Generation 2 is to Generation 1 as Earthbound is to Mother--far more improved versions that are still nostalgic. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to play those antiques called games. You think it would be fun to play through one of the earliest games, but it's just a chore. It's hard to play those games because EVERYTHING is flawed.

Or at least that's how I see it.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
WELL HI THERE INCREDIBLY WANDERING THREAD

SO GUYS SINCE WE'RE NOW IN C&M
WHAT IS THE WORST MOVIE YOU HAVE WATCHED RECENTLY

Ciz

La la la ♪
Years
WELL HI THERE INCREDIBLY WANDERING THREAD

SO GUYS SINCE WE'RE NOW IN C&M
WHAT IS THE WORST MOVIE YOU HAVE WATCHED RECENTLY

Priest maybe? I dont know why but the whole story line is just too corny for me.

And Yeah. Narnia, Prince Caspian.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
The worst movie I watched recently? It's hard to say, since I barely watch any movies so I make sure I'm going to enjoy them before I go buy a ticket XD

Years
Worst film I watched recently is 'Knowing'.
It has been out for a while yes, but I didn't get a chance to watch it and it is bloody awful.

It just turned out to be some weird alien movie.​

Back