• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you think N is Zoroark?

You think N is Zoroark

• Yes

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Dont Know

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just remember that the game and manga are completely different canons. N could be one of those Children in the manga, but in terms of the games he couldn't be, because they don't exist in the realm of the games.

What synerjee brought up about N being descended from the ancient king was actually hinted at way back in BW, and was practically confirmed by Zinzolin in B2W2.

Silver was Giovanni's child only in the Manga. This was later brought into the Videogames with HG/SS. Not that it can't happen that they pull info from the manga. Its a longshot, but a slim possibility.

Years
I'd have to go with no, but I'm kinda on the fence. You see, previous evidence has suggested that Zorua/Zoroark can't talk. I found it a little freaky that the guy turned into a Zoroark, but I'm very stubborn, and the event Zorua never talked, nor did the event Zoroark in the original BW games. And we mustn't neglect the flat-out disproof of this theory at the hands of those two girls with funny hair, saying N was ditched by his family because they were freaked out by him. Sorry if I'm digging in my heels, but that's my opinion. If you don't like it, can't help you. =\ If you're that desperate for attention, go start a mob. (Forgive my cynicism,all you sensitive hearts out there)

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
That zoroark can't be N's pokemon that leads you to the castle because old plasma rood gives you N's zorura. Now you can argue the fact that he could have had two or a split evo, but still.

It is quite obvious the creators of black 2 and white 2 have done this on purpose to make us all guess and question N being Zoroark.

I mean they have the same freaking hair cut!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
N had a Zoroark in the last battle, not a Zorua. You get to find all of his Pokemon except the ones he used in the final battle. No one says whether he released them or kept them, but he owned a Zoroark in B/W.

Only time a Zorua was shown was in his Flashback which was believed to be the Zoroark from his team, but it can't be since it was such a low level when given to you in B2W2. The Zoroark belonged guarding the castle belonged to N and was waiting for his Master's return.

In fact, they cared about him more than the others, I wouldn't go as far as saying they were freaked out...

He was talking about N's real parents, not Concordia and Athena. The two told us that N had two HUMAN parents that were freaked out by his powers. Which was why he was abandoned and abused. N sought refuge in the Pokemon from a nearby forest and grew to hate humans for the hatred of his powers.

Ragonkai

Dragon Trainer
Years
I think it could make for an interesting twist but I don't expect there to be a Black and White 3, so his story would have to carry onto the next gen.

Even then though you could say Zoroark is copying N the human.

Pinta77

Very very interesting point. I don't pay much attention to the story line, I just press A a bunch when people are talking.

I think it's possible that the "N" could be Zoarark. If he is, then I'd be impressed with nintendo. That would be a neat plot twist.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
I'd have to go with no, but I'm kinda on the fence. You see, previous evidence has suggested that Zorua/Zoroark can't talk. I found it a little freaky that the guy turned into a Zoroark, but I'm very stubborn, and the event Zorua never talked, nor did the event Zoroark in the original BW games. And we mustn't neglect the flat-out disproof of this theory at the hands of those two girls with funny hair, saying N was ditched by his family because they were freaked out by him. Sorry if I'm digging in my heels, but that's my opinion. If you don't like it, can't help you. =\ If you're that desperate for attention, go start a mob. (Forgive my cynicism,all you sensitive hearts out there)
no cause zorua can talk. cause in pokemon zorark and the masters of illusions
movie zorua uses telepythy

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I have nothing to add, except that I think that the backpacker in Lostlorn might not have been a Zoroark, but the transformation might have been an illusion created by a nearby Zoroark. I know it's a long shot, but still, think about it.

mysticflower

Parasol Lady Madeleine
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
I wonder if we are reading too much into this. It didn't take much plot space and it is unlike Pokemon/Nintendo not to tie up loose ends. Just my thoughts.

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2012
Well, I don't think so. It seems likely, but at the same time,
Spoiler:
Ghetsis does keep accusing N of not being human. Maybe.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ghetsis does keep accusing N of not being human. Maybe.

Because of his ability. His parents abandoned him because they saw him as a "monster". The people of his hometown didn't like him for what he could do so he secluded himself and befriended Pokemon because they accepted him.

Concordia and Athena referenced that they also had similar backgrounds.

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2012
Are you talking about this line?
"N was an orphan. I heard that right after he was born, he upset people with behavior that suggested he could talk to Pokémon. When he was living in the woods with Darmanitan and Zorua, Ghetsis took him in. We are also orphans Ghetsis took in. Our task was to take care of N."
That is vague, especially when they weren't there.

And in the same game you can talk to N in N's castle and he says something like
This is the place where Anthea and Concordia took care of me as a human.
"as a human?" That's a weird translation error if it is one.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
There are evidence that tells us he might be a Zoroark but at the same time there are things that shows us he is human so i really can't be sure.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
N's history said he was born in a small town. His Parents and everyone in the town did not like him and viewed him as a monster because he could speak to Pokemon. This led his parents to abandoning him in the wild where he was later found by Ghetsis who used N's power for his own personal gain.

There was no error in translation. N has never been treated as a human. Everyone around him saw him as a monster. His parents were both human based on the information given by his history. They were humans living in the village that abandoned him and scorned him for his ability to speak with Pokemon. Anthea and Concordia are the only people to see N as a human and not some strange extraterrestrial who can speak with Pokemon. They weren't freaked out by it.

Its the same story that was used for the Children of Viridian Forest in the Manga. Giovanni and Lance both went through hard times and were seen as monsters because of their powers. Giovanni eventually gave up and lost his powers while Lance (who in the manga actually had a lot in common with N as Lance wanted to destroy the known world so Pokemon could live peacefully).

N's history says that he is human but was never treated as such because of his powers. People with Birth defects in our world are treated the same. People that don't fit in with society or have odd occurrences happening to them aren't ever viewed as humans either. You can even push as far as X-men "special power haters" where is you had any ability that wasn't within normal human parameters you weren't human in any way, shape, or form according to society.

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
Are you talking about this line?
That is vague, especially when they weren't there.

And in the same game you can talk to N in N's castle and he says something like
"as a human?" That's a weird translation error if it is one.
There's only one way to resolve this. Play the Japanese version and then get to that part, take a picture of the screen, and have someone read it. :cheeky:

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2012
N's history said he was born in a small town. His Parents and everyone in the town did not like him and viewed him as a monster because he could speak to Pokemon. This led his parents to abandoning him in the wild where he was later found by Ghetsis who used N's power for his own personal gain.

There was no error in translation. N has never been treated as a human. Everyone around him saw him as a monster. His parents were both human based on the information given by his history. They were humans living in the village that abandoned him and scorned him for his ability to speak with Pokemon. Anthea and Concordia are the only people to see N as a human and not some strange extraterrestrial who can speak with Pokemon. They weren't freaked out by it.

Its the same story that was used for the Children of Viridian Forest in the Manga. Giovanni and Lance both went through hard times and were seen as monsters because of their powers. Giovanni eventually gave up and lost his powers while Lance (who in the manga actually had a lot in common with N as Lance wanted to destroy the known world so Pokemon could live peacefully).

N's history says that he is human but was never treated as such because of his powers. People with Birth defects in our world are treated the same. People that don't fit in with society or have odd occurrences happening to them aren't ever viewed as humans either. You can even push as far as X-men "special power haters" where is you had any ability that wasn't within normal human parameters you weren't human in any way, shape, or form according to society.
Like I said, the dialogue were this is stated isn't very detailed. And his parents aren't mentioned neither is anything about a village. Unless I'm missing something and it was stated elsewhere.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
What freaks me out slightly is the Memory Link flashback with the Zoroark visiting the house in Driftveil in B2/W2. That Zoroark proceeds to show you N's flashback. Clearly this could be looking back at the Zoroark's memories specifically, but it also contributes to the "N = Zoroark" theory.

Cyclone

Back