• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sonic65101

Johto Champion
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 12, 2023
There's no reason to. .gba works on Android as long as you have a gba emulator such as MyBoy! or John GBA.
I personally use the VBA-M core on RetroArch. Since RetroArch is open-source, it's free and has no ads.

Trainer 766

Well i do have gba emulator on android but i can't play the rom :v

Thx XD the game is awesome by the way

Just so you know, download links for hacks on this site don't direct you towards the ROM file. It's a patch file you have, patch it over an Emerald ROM.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
Oh man, I remember this back so long ago. It was such a great hack and so heart broken to see it go. So glad to see the hack finally back and I am looking forward to it's full on glorious completion you have my full support!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2021
sSXkxsk.png

Good news! Pug is back and we'll be working together to get the scripts finished for the next beta. Speaking of which, the beta will be BIG. There will be 6 towns, various routes, and a plethora of secrets to explore!

OT4ZlK8.png
uEPvieR.png

OH JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
looks cool!

really impressed with how you've continued this on so far and i'm looking forward to seeing what you produce as a duo now

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2021
sSXkxsk.png

Hey, all! Progress is as usual; slow but steady. I've been working with some really talented people to bring some awesome content to Discovery. Here's a little peak at what's to come!

PwD0aj5.png

Guau! So nice to hear! Keep up the good work!

Do you have an approximate date for the release of the next beta, BTW?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
Hey just curious how far does the current beta go (ive done the old man cane thing that's the last thing ive done)

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Hey just curious how far does the current beta go (ive done the old man cane thing that's the last thing ive done)

Once you've gone through the Labyrinth map above Berry City and found that gym leader and head back to Berry City, that is the last part of the current beta.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
sSXkxsk.png

Hey, all! Progress is as usual; slow but steady. I've been working with some really talented people to bring some awesome content to Discovery. Here's a little peak at what's to come!

PwD0aj5.png
Hmmm i think i see that new eeveelution in youtube a fanart :v

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
sSXkxsk.png

I'm currently working on OW and trainer sprites. I plan to change most of them to match the theme of Discovery. The sailors, villages leaders, trainers, etc. will all be getting an overhaul. Good news is this'll give the game a fresh feel, but the bad news is that spriting takes a lot longer than I initially thought. Regardless, I want this to be up to snuff before I release the beta. Here's a preview of one of them.

8QxGQGF.gif

Scaled up x2 for viewing. Take a guess as to who it is?

Guau! So nice to hear! Keep up the good work!

Do you have an approximate date for the release of the next beta, BTW?
I'm not 100% sure. It'll still be some time, but hopefully soon!

Looks like an eeveelution of some sort.
Maybe poison or dragon?
Ghost! I have about three new types planned so far.

Last edited:
Years
sSXkxsk.png

I'm currently working on OW and trainer sprites. I plan to change most of them to match the theme of Discovery. The sailors, villages leaders, trainers, etc. will all be getting an overhaul. Good news is this'll give the game a fresh feel, but the bad news is that spriting takes a lot longer than I initially thought. Regardless, I want this to be up to snuff before I release the beta. Here's a preview of one of them.

8QxGQGF.gif

Scaled up x2 for viewing. Take a guess as to who it is?

Great sprite! For some reason, I get a village leader vibe from her.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Once you've gone through the Labyrinth map above Berry City and found that gym leader and head back to Berry City, that is the last part of the current beta.

I think I just miss the "rocket team" event in Berry City before Girittina...

will the future beta force us to finish the event first?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
So I re-played Le pug's Beta of Discovery and damn, I loved everything about it, especially the theme of abandonment that has been implemented so smoothly. Since Pleasure is doing everything from scratch, I was wondering if she has changed the manner in which the events flow such as a starting game intro and so on, or is she sticking to Le pug's ideas. Also, I wonder if Le pug owns a pug. ('.')

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
I think I just miss the "rocket team" event in Berry City before Girittina...

will the future beta force us to finish the event first?

I don't believe there's an event directly in Berry City. Unless you're talking about the one in which Herschel asks you to stop them in the forest? Regardless, yeah, the future beta will force you to finish it.

So I re-played Le pug's Beta of Discovery and damn, I loved everything about it, especially the theme of abandonment that has been implemented so smoothly. Since Pleasure is doing everything from scratch, I was wondering if she has changed the manner in which the events flow such as a starting game intro and so on, or is she sticking to Le pug's ideas. Also, I wonder if Le pug owns a pug. ('.')
The events and atmostphere will largely be the same aside from a few small nuances here and there. The only major things that are different are mapping and the extra content.

Last edited:
Back