• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 8 IRC Chatterbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
PokéCommunity Get-Together 8 IRC Chatterbox

Welcome to PokéCommunity Get-Together 8's Chatroom Event!

Now, some of you have used the chat before, some of you haven't, and some of you have forgotten about it for a long time now. Well, we'd like to all have a little fun in the chat, and I'm sure most of us will like the increased activity (except for GreatMazinger, but he hates everything). Well, in order to have fun and include everyone in the conversation, we have to impose a few extra rules as well as the ones that are already imposed on the chat. Here are the hosts of the event: BlooMilk C. (Bloo): Me. Vrai: My fabulous co-host.

Chatroom Rules

The chat normally has three general rules and two guidelines, as follows:
Appropriate-1.png
SPAM-1.png
Respect-1.png
The chatroom is a live, general chat, and is not used for any specific purposes. (i.e. not a ROM hacking channel) The chat is not the place to go for specific things such as battling, trading, or ROM hacking - it functions as a live, general chat for everyone to enjoy. Because of this, don't expect to find a matchup for a trade, or expect to have someone readily available to assist you in ROM hacking, as most of our regulars may not be interested. You cannot expect anyone to know how to have knowledge on any particular ROM hack, either. Please follow the SystemNet rules. The PokéCommunity does not own the SystemNet IRC network, so there are additional rules you'll need to follow, even in our channel. Failure to do so may result in a network ban - one that the staff of the chat will not be able to reverse.
Excerpt from the Chatroom Information thread

Event-specific Chatroom Rules

For this Get-Together event, we will have to impose some more guidelines so that the environment is friendly and there is no flooding or spam, because there will be more users than usual. Please do not come into the channel and change the topic of chatting. We may be talking about something, and you shouldn't change what we're talking about. If you see that the channel is dead for a while, you may bring something up for discussion. If you have joined the channel and we are talking about something, try to figure out what we are talking about, and if not, please kindly ask and we will tell you. Not everyone in the chat room is active. Some members may be idle or sleeping or something. Don't complain about the room being dead when there are 3 active users and 38 idle ones. Well, I hope you've taken time to read all of this, and thank you. Have fun chatting!

Participation Emblems

Limited Edition Get-Together 8 Mint This member joined us for a healthy discussion in the Get-Together 8's IRC Chatterbox! Limited Distribution! Given only during the Get-Together 8 to active chatters!
footer.png

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
To get to the chat, you can either click the chat option at the top of every page here, or connect to the server irc.systemnet.info and the channel #thepokecommunity.

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
I be joining the IRC for this emblem, But its not required to have a good time :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I'd go on this, but the stupid IRC isn't even working. It never friggin' works for me. I even updated my damn Java. >:(

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Might be a stupid one but did you say no in that box that comes up? Its the most obvious problem :)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Try using a different IRC client. The JavaChat pretty much sucks. :/
I'm sure there are tutorials on the IRC thread that Vrai linked earlier.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Once I updated there is a question. Choose No. First I chose Yes so it didn't work, but then I chose No and it worked.

I'll try and get more active at IRC tomorrow.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Oh, I didn't realise we were using the same channel. Well, I'm in the event then I guess!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Pretty much as the above two said, so I'll join this. :G

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Yeah, sorry guys. I kinda made the thread in a rush so I forgot to mention that :/. Also, say "Yes" to the box if you feel obliged to use JavaChat rather than Mibbit or something. Yes, definitely look at the IRC guide in CQ&F.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, sorry guys. I kinda made the thread in a rush so I forgot to mention that :/. Also, say "Yes" to the box if you feel obliged to use JavaChat rather than Mibbit or something. Yes, definitely look at the IRC guide in CQ&F.

No, you want to choose "No". The question is "Block potentially unsafe applications from being run?" If you choose Yes, it will block the java chat and you won't be able to actually chat.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Well, that chat was fun yesterday, haven't gone on it today much tho XD

I use Mibbet because for whatever reason the Java Chat isn't working. Even if I click 'yes' or 'no' it still won't work. :/

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well, that chat was fun yesterday, haven't gone on it today much tho XD

I use Mibbet because for whatever reason the Java Chat isn't working. Even if I click 'yes' or 'no' it still won't work. :/

Mibbit is much better anyway. :x the only commands on java chat you can use are joining, leaving, and /me, lol. You can do so much more with Mibbit, and everything is just prettier and easier and bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back