• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
The Fire Red Prinplup is Staravia.

Also, Your Slaking Icon links to the Vigoroth Icon.

Thanks both fixed!

Also here's Corphish and Crawdaunt's Emerald Sprites!

pY4axw5.png

J852xER.png

SpeedXaaa

Uses XD too much...
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
Do you need someone to work on some of the gen V sprites, still? I've been recoloring them for fun as a break from my regular art shenanigans. I'll recolor some shiny versions and back sprites of what I've got so far and I'll go ahead and post them here when I get them done. :>

For the shiny palettes, it looks as if you've mostly just used the sprite palettes but desaturated them a bit, no?

Oh, and apologies if you've already covered this, but what do you plan on doing or having people do for the "second frames" for Unova Pokemon? Or do you plan on just leaving that as is for now?

MrDollSteak

Years
Rayquaza:
G76UKmT.png

Gonna make more and trying not to be lazy at anything nowadays. Damn life! XD

Looks great. Fair enough haha!

Wow! These are great work of art sir.. I salute you and the others who are helping for this project.

Thanks

Do you need someone to work on some of the gen V sprites, still? I've been recoloring them for fun as a break from my regular art shenanigans. I'll recolor some shiny versions and back sprites of what I've got so far and I'll go ahead and post them here when I get them done. :>

For the shiny palettes, it looks as if you've mostly just used the sprite palettes but desaturated them a bit, no?

Oh, and apologies if you've already covered this, but what do you plan on doing or having people do for the "second frames" for Unova Pokemon? Or do you plan on just leaving that as is for now?

I'm actually working on Gen V "in secret" so to speak. Rather than posting them individually I'm just waiting to release them as a whole.

I prefer to do the colours myself, but yes you're right, mostly using the original Shiny colours with saturation touch ups to have them more or less match the contrast of the basic forms.

As for second frames, the same as any sprite from BW, using frames from their animations, or just manual editing to a logical pose. Look at some of the one's Sky High has posted. I've currently got second frames for every Pokemon up until Stoutland, and then a few miscellaneous ones that Sky High has done.

Here's the next batch of Gen 3 sprites!
Spoiler:

GOLDstandard

Eclectic
Years
I tried to make a second frame for Regigigas based off the Platinum second frame and using the colors you picked for the single frame. Hope you can use it :) regi.png

Edit:
Darmanitan to complete Sky High's Darumaka. The right arm is raised and the flames are shorter and differently shaped. Based off of frame 70 of the animation gif from Black and White.

darmanitan.png

Last edited:
Years
I was hoping it helps: (Not Yet Sugimori Colors)

Deoxys (Attack)
0MvUhET.png

Deoxys (Speed)
6mwAris.png

Huntail
7E0TRSI.png

Gorebyss
iFtqGCG.png

Seviper
bWa9wsm.png

Zangoose
69RKzR2.png

Volbeat
zF87NnA.png

Illumise
B70jvUN.png

Relicanth
AReNEzJ.png

Tropius
RCqekxf.png

Swalot
myUszSA.png

Gulpin
bLT1JFI.png

Medicham
k1Q2yri.png

Meditite
0M4IE24.png

Minun
sr3HAZW.png

Plusle
XA1DYRi.png

Grumpig
AGNIH40.png

Spoink
hXy4XoO.png

Solrock
aaFQ8pm.png

Lunatone
o3SOUnl.png

Kecleon
7Eyo20W.png

Wailord
xD6i9Bg.png

Masquerain
IcDBBC7.png

Surskit
nyZqx7W.png

Shroomish
Kew70JF.png

Chimecho
MvN0BO8.png

That's all 3rd gen I made! Just pick if you found them okay. Thank you Sir!

MrDollSteak

Years
Hope these helps:

Regirock
44I8XYq.png

Regice
1w3n6ru.png

Registeel
ywHcgZH.png

Combee
0KMVm9g.png

Vespiquen
Mj1EWCl.png

Think I'll be accepting all of these except Registeel, not because you did anything wrong, but the hitler salute that GameFreak gave him is pretty damn stupid in my opinion.

Here's some sprites to help
Credits to Chaos Rush for the Lairon front and back sprites, the Aron backsprite, and the Numel and Camerupt frame 1 front sprites and back sprites

No Sugimori Palletes

Aron
VDPs2Gu.png

Lairon
crAUYka.png

Aggron
JwbdZL1.png

Numel
7VlMhmy.png

Camerupt
L6uzR7a.png

Sorry won't be accepting these.

I was hoping it helps: (Not Yet Sugimori Colors)

Deoxys (Attack)
0MvUhET.png

Deoxys (Speed)
6mwAris.png

Huntail
7E0TRSI.png

Gorebyss
iFtqGCG.png

Seviper
bWa9wsm.png

Zangoose
69RKzR2.png

Volbeat
zF87NnA.png

Illumise
B70jvUN.png

Relicanth
AReNEzJ.png

Tropius
RCqekxf.png

Swalot
myUszSA.png

Gulpin
bLT1JFI.png

Medicham
k1Q2yri.png

Meditite
0M4IE24.png

Minun
sr3HAZW.png

Plusle
XA1DYRi.png

Grumpig
AGNIH40.png

Spoink
hXy4XoO.png

Solrock
aaFQ8pm.png

Lunatone
o3SOUnl.png

Kecleon
7Eyo20W.png

Wailord
xD6i9Bg.png

Masquerain
IcDBBC7.png

Surskit
nyZqx7W.png

Shroomish
Kew70JF.png

Chimecho
MvN0BO8.png

That's all 3rd gen I made! Just pick if you found them okay. Thank you Sir!

I might accept a few of them, but it looks like you haven't been comparing against the original ones for all of them so there are size inconsistencies here and there.

Anyway, I'll update this soon, I've done some more Gen 3 second frames, and have done some Gen 5 sugimori palettes and second frames. I originally planned to wait to release Gen 5 until I finished all the Fire Red sprites, but I might as well start releasing them now, as I have replaced quite a few of Chaos' Gen 5 backsprites.

Gen IV Icons are being worked on too.

Years
I might accept a few of them, but it looks like you haven't been comparing against the original ones for all of them so there are size inconsistencies here and there.

Anyway, I'll update this soon, I've done some more Gen 3 second frames, and have done some Gen 5 sugimori palettes and second frames. I originally planned to wait to release Gen 5 until I finished all the Fire Red sprites, but I might as well start releasing them now, as I have replaced quite a few of Chaos' Gen 5 backsprites.

Gen IV Icons are being worked on too.

I made them manually Sir with undo and redo move to check its animation. Anyways thanks for critics. I will improve them next time! :)

MrDollSteak

Years
I made them manually Sir with undo and redo move to check its animation. Anyways thanks for critics. I will improve them next time! :)

So due to the nature of changing some of Chaos' backsprites as I mentioned before here are the first few Gen 5 sprites!

Fire Red

Spoiler:

Emerald
Spoiler:

MrDollSteak

Years
Here's the newest batch of Gen III Second frames. I've only got a few here because I've been doing Gen 4 Icons and Gen V things. I'll update this with more as I do them.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Here are some 2-frame sprites for Gen IV and Gen VI:
Chespin:
Spoiler:

Fennekin:
Spoiler:

Amaura:
Spoiler:

Aurorus:
Spoiler:

Kricketune:
Spoiler:

Mantyke:
Spoiler:

Note that the recoloring might not be accurate to the Sugimori palettes.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
Here are some 2-frame sprites for Gen IV and Gen VI:
Chespin:
Spoiler:

Fennekin:
Spoiler:

Amaura:
Spoiler:

Aurorus:
Spoiler:

Kricketune:
Spoiler:

Mantyke:
Spoiler:

Note that the recoloring might not be accurate to the Sugimori palettes.

Not sure if I'll be accepting these! Maybe Kricketune?

What's the emerald set doing in fire red?

Fixed thanks!

Here are some more Gen III second frames!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

GOLDstandard

Eclectic
Years
Here are some more Gen III second frames!

Spoiler:

With these frames added, you're about ~50 frames away from finishing both gen III and
gen IV!

Pretty even at ~25 of each gen left! You've got this!!!

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Nice sprites! I really like the colors and the fact that they have second frames... I wish I can help contributing here soon, it's just that I'm not good in making custom poses and palettes...

Anyway, will there be a plan to make icons for the Castform forms?

MrDollSteak

Years
Nice sprites! I really like the colors and the fact that they have second frames... I wish I can help contributing here soon, it's just that I'm not good in making custom poses and palettes...

Anyway, will there be a plan to make icons for the Castform forms?

In Gen III the Castform forms do not have separate icons, so there's no point in making them sadly.

EDIT: Here are a very small number of Gen III frames!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back