• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Ultra Beasts revealed for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon!

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
jesus how can they win with you. it's so disappointing to open a thread with exciting info and see you just pouring on the negativity with no letup.

who cares that they're adding Pokemon mid gen, it's honestly laughable that you thought Pokemon would stick to the same formula for 20 years

I mean I think they're ugly like all the other UBs but I'm glad we have some new content confirmed
I care because it is not natural to introduce new pokemon mid gen. Sorry but it is not. I have standards when it comes to pokemon. It is not about being negative.

Not to be rude, but this isn't about you. Gamefreak is taking a new approach at 3rd version games by adding new Pokemon and with these games releasing so quickly after Sun and Moon, adding new Pokemon is one of the few things they can do to make these games worth buying right now.

You can dislike them if you want but please keep your negativity to yourself. We know you do not approve.
I appreciate it if you speak a lot nicer to me. I never said that it was about me so please don't put words in my mouth.

I can be negative if i want and allowed to post my opinion. I only keep things to myself when I want to.

Adding new pokemon is not the way to go. Sorry but it is not.

As I said you are a very negative person and honestly I don't know why you even bother to look for news. What the hell are you expecting? Them to reveal everything about the game so you don't buy? New forms... new pokemon.... what the hell hypes you up? If you are going to be negative about every bit of new that comes out, then stop looking at the news.

It's a pokemon game. It will be lower than Sun and Moon but it will always sell well.
Introducing new pokemon mid gen is a bad call. I accept new forms but new pokemon mid gen crosses the line. There is news in the past that got me hyped but the news for these games has been less exciting.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I care because it is not natural to introduce new pokemon mid gen. Sorry but it is not. I have standards when it comes to pokemon. It is not about being negative.

I appreciate it if you speak a lot nicer to me. I never said that it was about me so please don't put words in my mouth.

I can be negative if i want and allowed to post my opinion. I only keep things to myself when I want to.

You are making this about you by repeatedly posting your negative opinion about the matter. You are more than allowed to dislike the new UBs or the addition of new Pokemon as a whole but there is no need to constantly post about it and make the thread a negative experience for everyone else just because you do not approve of it. You don't like it? That is fine! You've said that enough already so time to move on.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
I'm sorry, but not natural? Is Pok?mon supposed to follow some sacred invisible rules otherwise the balance of the world will fall?

Besides it's literally only two Pok?mon.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
You are making this about you by repeatedly posting your negative opinion about the matter. You are more than allowed to dislike the new UBs or the addition of new Pokemon as a whole but there is no need to constantly post about it and make the thread a negative experience for everyone else just because you do not approve of it. You don't like it? That is fine! You've said that enough already so time to move on.
No i am not. You can't assume things about me because you don't know me. I am not constantly posting as far as i am aware. I can post when i want. I do not think this news is great at all.

I'm sorry, but not natural? Is Pok?mon supposed to follow some sacred invisible rules otherwise the balance of the world will fall?

I just prefer the formula we had previously. It is not a bad thing to have preferences.

Sirfetch’d

I'm thinking 2 is only the start. They are version exclusives so I am hoping that we will get a few more that are available for both games. Maybe we will get a whole UB dimension to explore and find a bunch of new UBs!

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years

Introducing new pokemon mid gen is a bad call. I accept new forms but new pokemon mid gen crosses the line. There is news in the past that got me hyped but the news for these games has been less exciting.
Uh... Well yes, it's fine if you want to be negative and nobody is saying it's bad that you are. It's just.... how do I put this.... there's being negative, and there's being totally convinced the game is going to be horrible, and nothing anyone can put out there will convince you otherwise. Game Freak could put in every possible feature you could ever want and you'd probably still be completely unhappy and saying the games will be a failure and you won't like them. It's perfectly fine if you want to do that; I won't stop you, but it's kinda like Green Eggs and Ham where Daniel was absolutely convinced he hated green eggs and ham and nobody could persuade him otherwise... until he tried them and found he liked them. You're free to hate them as much as you want, but it might pay off to have a bit more of an open mind.... at least until they come out.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Uh... Well yes, it's fine if you want to be negative and nobody is saying it's bad that you are. It's just.... how do I put this.... there's being negative, and there's being totally convinced the game is going to be horrible, and nothing anyone can put out there will convince you otherwise. Game Freak could put in every possible feature you could ever want and you'd probably still be completely unhappy and saying the games will be a failure and you won't like them. It's perfectly fine if you want to do that; I won't stop you, but it's kinda like Green Eggs and Ham where Daniel was absolutely convinced he hated green eggs and ham and nobody could persuade him otherwise... until he tried them and found he liked them. You're free to hate them as much as you want, but it might pay off to have a bit more of an open mind.... at least until they come out.
I just disliking some of the changes being made. Legendaries evolving, trials instead of gyms, more than one ultra beast and mascot being obtainable and now new pokemon made mid gen. They stuck these drastic changes so fast that it is hard to deal with.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Years
I just disliking some of the changes being made. Legendaries evolving, trials instead of gyms, more than one ultra beast and mascot being obtainable and now new pokemon made mid gen. They stuck these drastic changes so fast that it is hard to deal with.

Well... is there any you like? Do you like the lack of HMs? Do you like SOS battles? Battle Royale? Alola Forms? The graphics? o_O

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Well... is there any you like? Do you like the lack of HMs? Do you like SOS battles? Battle Royale? Alola Forms? The graphics? o_O
I am glad that HMs are gone. I get to have pokemon i choose for my team. Alola forms are nice. SOS battles are very interesting.

The changes i have trouble getting use to because i am use to the old ways. Dropping a surprise like new pokemon mid gen isn't helping me get use to the new things.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I am glad that HMs are gone. I get to have pokemon i choose for my team. Alola forms are nice. SOS battles are very interesting.

The changes i have trouble getting use to because i am use to the old ways. Dropping a surprise like new pokemon mid gen isn't helping me get use to the new things.

I get you, too much change rapidly can feel like an abrupt turn in a roller coaster ride. Some may find it fun, but others are scared/hate it.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I gave it some thought. Maybe these ultra beasts weren't discovered because they never went through the portal. That would be a good reason to why we never seen them.

If that is the case then i think i can be fine with them. Just have new ultra beasts though because they are from another world and will make more sense than getting new pokemon that live in the normal pokemon world.

So new ultra beasts now makes sense to me and i am willing to accept them. Before i didn't think it through but now i am understanding it a bit more.

Years
So the thing that caught my eye right away in the trailer was Necrozma capturing Lunala and Solgaleo, and it looks like it happens at the Altar of the Sunne/Moone. So my question is: Does this happen before or after the Player and Lillie go into Ultra Space to get Lusamine and Guzma back? Or do we go back there for an unknown reason in the post-game? Because Lillie's reaction to Nebby being captured by Necrozma might be very interesting.

(Maybe the player will actually react too!)

Last edited:

mew_nani

Years
I gave it some thought. Maybe these ultra beasts weren't discovered because they never went through the portal. That would be a good reason to why we never seen them.

If that is the case then i think i can be fine with them. Just have new ultra beasts though because they are from another world and will make more sense than getting new pokemon that live in the normal pokemon world.

So new ultra beasts now makes sense to me and i am willing to accept them. Before i didn't think it through but now i am understanding it a bit more.

Plot twist: the player character invades Ultra Space and finds both these guys and a whole host of UBs and possibly even a civilization of humanoid equivalents living there because why the heck not, and then finds wormholes leading to the Sevii Islands because I absolutely love that region and haven't seen it in a game since FireRed and LeafGreen. :(

bobandbill

one more time
Years
As a note, the article has been updated with various info. More art for instance (and pictures in general), Mantine appears to be a Ride Pokemon, and details on the gift Rockruff. Quote me if there's something else to add from the direct/recent website updates!

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Plot twist: the player character invades Ultra Space and finds both these guys and a whole host of UBs and possibly even a civilization of humanoid equivalents living there because why the heck not, and then finds wormholes leading to the Sevii Islands because I absolutely love that region and haven't seen it in a game since FireRed and LeafGreen. :(
Sevil islands is closer to kanto than alola so i don't think it will happen.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023

so basically you want Pokemon to be same? No new stuff?
And seriously I was half expecting new ultra beasts... makes sense when game is called ULTRA sun and ULTRA Moon.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
so basically you want Pokemon to be same? No new stuff?
And seriously I was half expecting new ultra beasts... makes sense when game is called ULTRA sun and ULTRA Moon.
As i said early, i am now willing to accept new ultra beasts due to reasons i put down on my earlier post on the thread. New ultra beasts are fine. But i don't want normal new pokemon because they make less sense.

Back