• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Mienshao

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's a lucky new year... and you gotta be pretty lucky if High Jump Kick hits! Have you used Mienshao in game before? Did you find it kinda gimmicky or really useful?

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I've never used it in battle. I do remember when I used Tranquil against Mienshao, Mienshao would lose half of its hp when its attack misses during the turn when Tranquil was still up in the air from using Fly.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I have used Mienshao in-game before and have found it great fun to use as not only does it get High Jump Kick but also Drain Punch and U Turn among others.

I recall Marshall's Mienshao being very tricky the first time I fought him in the game. It had Jump Kick which is slightly more accurate as well as U Turn to hit my team hard and it outsped everything too.

hoshimoshi

a e s t h e t i c
Years
I used my Mienshao maybe two times before I just let it sit in a computer box for a while. Mine didn't have very good defense stats, so I never used him.

Usually, if I fought someone with a Mienshao, the high jump kick would usually miss, so then their Mienshao ends up fainting without me doing much damage to it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
It's okay, but I don't get what it's supposed to be. It looks like an anteater wrapped in a blanket.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think Mienshao is great. At least it was competitively. Never used it in-game but always found Mienfoo pretty hilarious, and Mienshao by extension. The most Asian-style design out of all the Unova Pokemon imo.

Years
I think I tried it competitively, but can't recall anything about it :D
But I know for sure I wanted to use it in my first run of Black, but didn't in the end, because I had many Humanoid Pokemon.

Years
I love Mienshao, I used her in Pokemon X and she was easily one of my strongest pokemon that I had on the team. She one-hit ko'd just about any Pokemon we'd face in battle!

Mienshao's design concept is unique as well which I adore.

Years
The Mienfoo line definitely has to be one of my all-time favourite Fighting-types, mostly due to its speed, its majestic design and its strong moves like High Jump Kick and Drain Punch. I also love how it gets Regenerator for easy healing when you switch out, which makes for a good strategy when used in conjunction with U-turn.

SnowyStormz

Existence is cool.
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Feb 2, 2018
Mienshao is one of my favorite pokemon actually, if I can get ahold of one in a playthrough i'll probably use it.

Years
I like it's design, in the Original BW came way too late to be of any use sadly. Awesome in the Battle Subway with Regenarator.

Back