• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Elite Four changes

blue

gucci
Years
For those who have completed Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, you will have noticed that there was a small change made to the Elite Four line-up. Moylane replaces Hala as one of the members which was a first for the mainseries Pokemon games. Were you happy with this change or did you prefer the original Alola Elite Four line-up? How did it compare in terms of difficulty with Sun & Moon?

Years
Being honest, if Molayne replaced Hala, I would've liked for Olivia to be replaced, too, rather than leaving her stranded as the single Kahuna on the League. If we're looking for a female to replace her, Plumeria would be epic.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Being honest, if Molayne replaced Hala, I would've liked for Olivia to be replaced, too, rather than leaving her stranded as the single Kahuna on the League. If we're looking for a female to replace her, Plumeria would be epic.
I agree completely with this. I feel like the E4 should have either been fully Kahunas or none at all. The Kahunas are supposed to be the strongest trainers on their respective islands, so it seems very odd to me that they weren't all included if any of them were. Also 100% would adore Plumeria in the E4 but man we would have to work on that lore paha.

Years
The only gripe I have with Molayne replacing Hala is that it's become much harder to train a Fairy or Psychic-type against the Elite Four, since Hala was destroyed so easily by those types. And of course, Bug-types will still have a nightmare with training up there because the E4 all use types with an advantage or resistance to Bug.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
I didn't mind the elite four, but I would change the championship battle to make it more challenging.

Ultra Sun

Yes this is PC user Sun lol
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 29, 2022
Im embracing this change, I like it because Molyane is a cute geek it certainly is nice to see a Steel-type Elite. I agree with the others, Olivia should retire and Plumeria could take the spot. Mina would also make a good candidate for Olivia's spot. (:

Years
Im embracing this change, I like it because Molyane is a cute geek it certainly is nice to see a Steel-type Elite. I agree with the others, Olivia should retire and Plumeria could take the spot. Mina would also make a good candidate for Olivia's spot. (:

Olivia may pack some powerful Pokemon, but I do feel that she should have been replaced because it just looks weird to see her juggling both an Elite Four and Island Kahuna role.

Years
The Kahunas are supposed to be the strongest trainers on their respective islands, so it seems very odd to me that they weren't all included if any of them were. Also 100% would adore Plumeria in the E4 but man we would have to work on that lore paha.

IIRC, when Kukui recruited for the first Alola E4, Nanu (Ula Ula's Kahuna - I think that's his name) said he didn't want to be part of the E4. I can't even remember his type specialty when you do his Grand Trial...

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
I'd rather they have replaced Kahili =/ She felt so out of place, being the only E4 member who wasn't an established character. When I first played Moon (largely blind), I was like, "??? Who is this golfing stranger??"

Years
IIRC, when Kukui recruited for the first Alola E4, Nanu (Ula Ula's Kahuna - I think that's his name) said he didn't want to be part of the E4. I can't even remember his type specialty when you do his Grand Trial...

Nanu is a Dark-type user if you wanted to know. He happens to be the first notable Dark-type user not to be from an Elite Four, and since Trial Captains/Kahunas function like Alola's version of Gym Leaders, you could practically count him as the first Dark Gym Leader in that regard.

Back