• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Showcase and Review

draydonn

Memorite: Pure Edition Creator
Years
I like the layout to your route, it looks really nice but the difference in greens (mostly in the wild grass) is a turnoff.

Not sure how everybody gets the nice pretty screenshot D:
But here's my route 1
Made with RPGMakerXP
Spoiler:

I love this. My only suggestion is posibly placing more trees that overlap. looks a little "Escapeable"

draydonn

Years
Sorry for double-posting, but now that I've reached my 5 post minimum I can post my own map!

Spoiler:

All tiles are made by yours truly. This is supposed to be the "Route 1" of my upcoming project. Mapping-wise I didn't want to go too crazy; just very much in line with something Game Freak would do. The player moves from south to north.

It's been a while since I've mapped, but I'm really curious about what you guys think!

I Like the faux 3D effect!

draydonn

Years
And what 'bout this snow map?

Snow Maps are my faveeeee. I just cant map with them

I am uploading a map that I have been working on for a game im doing.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Wow! I love the layout and the shape of the towns! Great job. You could be a little more liberal with the mountains though, unless you're aiming for exclusively forest.

draydonn

Years
Wow! I love the layout and the shape of the towns! Great job. You could be a little more liberal with the mountains though, unless you're aiming for exclusively forest.

Thank you for the feedback!

As for my use of Mountains, this is just the "Tutorial Area" before you go off into the rest of the world, so I figured it needed to be more.... Bland?

One of the next parts i'm going to be dealing with is a Terraced City, and a Cave City. I want to make the Cave City vary in terrian tremendously though. Maybe you'll get to see that!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
forest_by_raymondmaverick-dcadghs.png

Anheim Forest
had a lot of fun with this

Credits to: Zein, Alucus of Borg, TheRedEx, Alistair the Dead Hero, Magiscarf, Kyledove, WesleyFG, Zeikku, Zelix, Zeikaro, Zeo254, Novus, Dewitty, Phyromatical, EVoLiNa, zetavares852, Saurav, Seiyouh, sailorvicious, ~Trebuh~, browniemakerx, LTSeraa, Newtiteuf, speedialga, PeekyChew, Ozumas, Xiros, JesusCarrasco, Cuddlesthefatcat, ShoddyBattle, Zerudez, Hydrargirium, digibody, Davias, spaceemotion, Aten974, Warpas, Stormlugia, Zusammenstellug, thegreatblaid, Gallanty

Last edited:
Years
Spoiler:
I really like it! The palette colors for green isnt to my taste but it works well, especially the cobwebs and lights it adds great depth!Only thing i would change is the house the style of the tiles do not fit the rest to me, but looks great otherwise.

UpFfUSp.jpg

So heres my map, havent been here in years, relearning to map and insert tiles and everything. I feel like something is missing from this map, like it feels empty to me, please suggest any tiles or decor or anything to make it more full etc thank you. And yes I see the 2 tile errors.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 25, 2018
New year, new mapping thread, huh?
I hesitate to critique this map, because without some help from you my mapping might still be ugly as all get out.
Fortunately, this map is pretty much perfect. It's simple, spacious, and large. I see a point of interest too, and it reminds me of Ilex Forest and Celebi (a point in my book), yet also evokes a simple early-game route. The ledges are logically placed as well; not allowing the player to skip all the grass, but also providing more convenient travel downwards as well.
My only suggestion would be to add more color. Can one encounter mushroom Pokemon in the mushroom patches?

I will be showcasing one of my own maps. I've run this from start to finish on /heg/ but I wanted to get more opinions.
Game: Kanto Roads (Working Title)
Made with: Advance Map 1.92
Name: Pewter City
Notes: A simplistic re-imagining of Pewter City with heightened, mountainous elevation. There may be shading errors. Pretty big map, so outside link:
http://i.imgur.com/wtW6aLu.jpg

This is the best fan made map I've ever seen! <3

elunos_forest_by_raymondmaverick-dbl8f09.png

you can climb the walls and walk on top of them, and jump from wall top to wall top

you can also climb up and down 2 block vines

the right way to enter the temple is through the hole on the roof by climbing down that vine, because the regular entrance is blocked by rubble (inside)

Credits: Kyledove, WesleyFG, Alistair, Alucus, Zein, Zelix, Zeikaro, Zeikku, Zeo254, Novus, Zeo254, TheRedEx, EVoLiNa, Phyromatical, Dewitty, Magiscarf, PeekyChew, Zerudez, ShoddyBattle, Cuddlesthefatcat, Hydrargirium, zetavares852, digibody, Davias, spaceemotion, Newtiteuf, Ozumas, Xiros, Aten974, Warpas, speedialga, saurav, newtiteuf, Stormlugia, Zusammenstellung, thegreatblaid, ~Trebuh~, JesusCarrasco, Gallanty, seiyouh

This is very intricate! This is very good too! <3

Last edited:
Years
Spoiler:
Nice mapping, the graphics are visually powerful. I love the use of magiscarf and of those trees ( can I ask you who's the artist? ahaha). Just a side note: even if the map is not squared, the route is linear and you won't be able to add side quests or hidden spots. This thing will reduce the chances to make the player to going back to those maps to complete them in a detailed way ( no rocksmash, surf or strength spots). Anyway, your game will be absolutely fine with the dedication you put into mapping :) good luck

Spoiler:
The map is too squared. Focus more on the consistency of the details you put in the map. They don't have to just fill the map because too empty. If the map is too expty, just make the building nearer and do a smaller map.

Spoiler:
Good map! It's consistent and particular. Must be fun to explore if you add proper events inside :) Just update the building that seems a bit odd. I see around 5 entrances, and it will be difficult to connect well this map with other 5 maps. Good luck :)

Spoiler:
So, the tileset is interesting! I may understand what you are talking about. The water takes a lot of space in the map but without the concept of different layers of deepness of water it may seem a bit flat. A suggestion is: use a fog to make it deeper, it's not difficult and it's visually powerful :) another suggestion is: use the lilypads as walkable areas to jump from one to another and create some secret paths. Or give more emphasis to the small pier and to the garden. It can be a good map if used for an extra like Dragon's Den of Gold and Silver. You can say that your style is particular compared to others in the community :) Good luck with your mapping!

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
I'm not sure if this counts here, but in my spare time, I like to make Town Maps.
And, I made this one (for something I'm doing).
dcvlktu-327ef925-4795-412f-b6a8-86f6fbda71bd.png

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
For the first time in a long time, I started to tinker around with AMAP and I made this. I'll admit, its super basic since I am still trying to figure out tileset inserting. Regardless though, I think its an okay first attempt.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
I'm currently mapping Hoenn for FireRed with default tiles. I'd post a picture, but says I can't atm. So i'll update this when i can.

EDIT:
Hoenn_Total.png

Learning how to map, and using Hoenn as my learning experience. Don't know if I'll end up doing it all, but if I can, I'll do a good majority of it. (Theres buildings separating Petalburg from the rest because of how I mapped it, and it was the only way to fix it without redoing a lot of stuff)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 8, 2019
I'm currently mapping Hoenn for FireRed with default tiles. I'd post a picture, but says I can't atm. So i'll update this when i can.

EDIT:
Hoenn_Total.png

Learning how to map, and using Hoenn as my learning experience. Don't know if I'll end up doing it all, but if I can, I'll do a good majority of it. (Theres buildings separating Petalburg from the rest because of how I mapped it, and it was the only way to fix it without redoing a lot of stuff)

How did you get a picture of the full map together like this?

Back