• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
  • Age 37
  • Ohio
  • Seen May 24, 2014
I actually had to cheat to beat the champion.

So annoyed by it. Even with level 100s I could hardly beat him

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Hey guys, a new member here. Can you guys give me a link for a Pokemon Hack rom? I'm currently using MyBoy Emulator on my phone. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2015
Ds rom hacks

any good ds rom hacks out there? except blaze black and volt white, i already have those

Years
Hey guys, a new member here. Can you guys give me a link for a Pokemon Hack rom? I'm currently using MyBoy Emulator on my phone. Thanks

You can get the download link from the hack's thread :)

BTW guys I'm here again and I got another question XD. Are there any complete Pokemon DS hacks right now? I tried searching one but I only see Pokemon DS hacks in the Progressing Hacks. I wanna try playing a pokemon hack in DS for now since I've finished a couple of GBA hacks already.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 12, 2014
Something I really want to find is a game with more than three starters. I've been playing Reborn and chose Froakie, but it really intrigued me to have the choice of absolutely every starter including the 6th gen three. Anyone have advice?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
There's another thread on this same question in this link here, and it's very recent so I suggest looking at that one. No need for two threads for this at the same time. Thread closed. :furretlock:

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Pokemon Rose by bela is really good; one of the best hacks I've ever played, in fact. You can choose a Dragon-type starter, too (I think it was Bagon or something).

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Best recent hacks?

What are some good completed hacks? I've played most known ones from years ago, the most recent one I've played is Dark Rising but besides that I believe the newest completed hack I played was Light Platinum. I like complete revamps with new regions, but I'm not a fan of new pokemon (it's not a deal breaker though)

Please recommend some hacks, they don't have to be completely finished, but ones that are going to be finished, and have 15+ gameplay would be nice.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
If you're going really recent, then give Pokemon Glazed a try. Since you appear to be a fan of fan-fictionesque storytelling, this game would suit you. Not to knock Light Platinum and Dark Rising; both of which I have played and enjoyed.

Short list:
XY Naturia (GBC hack)
Brown/Prism
Ash Gray
Red's Adventure
FireRed Omega (and most of Drayano's hacks)
Sacred Gold/Storm Silver
Blaze Black/ Volt White 1 & 2
Expert Emerald
Liquid Crystal (finished, more difficulty/sidequests) or CrystalDust or ShinyGold (Emerald base, not fully complete) depending on preference

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 27, 2016
Any good short rom hacks?

Does anyone know any good rom hacks that are not to long but still enjoyable?

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
Prism is a good one. It's not complete (It goes for 4 gyms) but it's quite enjoyable.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2017
Trigger warning [MAY BE WRONG SECTION/SUBFORUM,PLEASE DIRECT ME TO THE RIGHT ONE FOR THIS QUESTION,THANK YOU]

Ok summer vacation is for me 5 days away (Starts friday),and want to play some games for the gen 3,also known as Advance generation.
Here are some cons about the recomenditions:
1.Need it to be finished (Cause 2/2.5 summer i will be at my grandmas where i will barely get internet,and if i steal my neighbours ( if i get lucky enough) i will download the patches 10kb per second.
2.Can't be light platinum or flora sky (played those)
3.And if possible,as long as it can be,more adventure :)

I don't want to sound snobby or something with all these rules,just want to find a good game/s to play over summer vacation.

Wish you all the best,-Demus. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
Toxic Purple is my favorite but it only includes one mission

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 4, 2015
pokemon glazed for sure, still needs some touches but all the main game and everything is good

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Liquid Crystal, as much of a highly-mentioned game as it is, really is worth a play if you haven't tried it before. The Ruby Destiny series is pretty special too!

Back