• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS Help & Resources

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
Fairy boy: Well done. You can read.

[jq]Basically this thread is for standard CSS coding issues, problems, questions and discussion.[/jq]

I wanted to have it publicly made.... and I know abnegation...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I have a question, and I'm pretty sure it belongs here:
How do I change link colour, decoration, etc. in my CSS?
Please and thank you. ^.^

I have a few suggestions here, without using CSS you can change the colour of your links by simply highlighting the word, then choosing the colour from the drop down menu and whilst it is still highlighted use
createlink.gif
to link it. You can do this or you can do it from normal BB code, [URL][COLOR=""]Word[/COLOR][/URL] and that's the layout so that it does not go to the normal hyperlink colour of the current theme.

As for decoration there are a few different codes
text-decoration: line-through;
This is your example

text-decoration: underline;
This is your example

text-decoration: none;
This is your example

text-decoration: blink;
This is your example

There are plenty more, just work with those and fiddle with the codes.

Last edited:
Years
Oh, wait, I forgot to mention that it's for ID Links. The ones that use [alink id="Name"]Name[/alink id]. What'd it be then?

Oh, it stays the same. Nevermind.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Assuming you already know what they are and how to do them I'll inform you, if you dont know how to do them, click the spoiler
Spoiler:

All you need to do to change the colour is
[alink id=""][color="#666666"]Text[/color][/alink id]

Just put the color tag within the tags around the word.

Years
One more question:
How would I go about making something stay at the side of the page while I scroll down, but disappear at the end of my post.

This is kind of hard to word.

Basically, if we have a post:

START OF CSS
a>>>>>b
a>>>>>b
a>>>>>b
x
x
x
END OF CSS​

Who would I make it that when I'm scrolling down and reach X b is still in the same position that it was in when I was viewing a, but when the CSS ends, so does b?

Hard to explain. -.-

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023

That is called float. At least I believe that is what you are looking for.
So If you wanted to float an image to the right while text goes around it you would use [div="Float:right;"] then post the image[/div]

So like this:

Spoiler:

Something like that?
If not, show me an example and I'll help what way I can.

Last edited:

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
He's talking about position:absolute;
Kinda like with Counterfeit's showcase.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Ah, my mistake. Thanks Munna, well as stated it's using image;absolute. Though it isn't allowed in some sections a code template is this:

[div="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; text-align: center; height: 25px; width: 100%;background-color: #000000;"][COLOR=White]Text here[/COLOR][/div]

Years
But wait...

"Who would I make it that when I'm scrolling down and reach X b is still in the same position that it was in when I was viewing a, but when the CSS ends, so does b?"

Does it stop whenever the css-div ends?

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
I'm currently workin' on my signature, and I'm curious to as if how I can use spacing with css?

I'm tryin' to add the Facebook Icon and the LJ icon but It'll align all the way to the left again the edge of the image. How can I space it over to the right more so it isn't right against the edge?
I want it on the left side but not all the way against the edge of the image.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Have you tried using padding?
Padding is really hady for placement of things such as text and images.
[div="padding-left:50px;"]Your icon[/div]

Your icon

Se the way my text has been pushed out a little? use padding to align your images whatever way you want. Padding works with padding-left, padding-right, padding-top, padding-bottom and any combonation by saying for example padding-top left

Syrex

Years
Ah, That will do the trick!
Thanks so much ^_^

Edit:
Just have to locate the Facebook Icon and the LiveJournal icon -_-

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I've been messing around with the CSS but can't make the height visible. I tried using this:

---Signature Here---

HTML:
[div="width: 100%px; height: 100px;"][div="padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; border: 0; font-variant: small-caps; color: #000000; background-color:#8A2BE2;"]---Signature Here---
[/div][/div]
But I can't make it heighten more Can someone please help me which part to put into the code so I can fix it?

Years
I've been messing around with the CSS but can't make the height visible. I tried using this:

---Signature Here---

HTML:
[div="width: 100%px; height: 100px;"][div="padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; border: 0; font-variant: small-caps; color: #000000; background-color:#8A2BE2;"]---Signature Here---
[/div][/div]
But I can't make it heighten more Can someone please help me which part to put into the code so I can fix it?

There's no need to make 2 separate CSS. This will suffice:
HTML:
[div="width: 100%px; height: 100px; padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; border: 0; font-variant: small-caps; color: #000000; background-color:#8A2BE2;"]---Signature Here---
[/div]
Which makes:
---Signature Here---

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023

---Signature Here---

HTML:
[/div][/div]

Try not to rip codes straight from the tutorials also. You'll learn nothing by doing that XD

Years
Have you tried using padding?
Padding is really hady for placement of things such as text and images.
[div="padding-left:50px;"]Your icon[/div]

Your icon

Se the way my text has been pushed out a little? use padding to align your images whatever way you want. Padding works with padding-left, padding-right, padding-top, padding-bottom and any combonation by saying for example padding-top left
This can also be done with the shorthand property padding:____. If you want all 4 sides padded equally, you can do padding:10px, or to set each side, use 4 values, going clockwise.
Spoiler:

Also, @Charizard★: it's just 100%, not 100%px. Px is pixels. XD

Syrex

Years
Last question:

How about linking images?
This is an example of the code I used
HTML:
[URL="http://www.google.com/"][img]http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif[/URL][/img]
But the image will not show up and it'll make all my pictures and text link to the said website.

Fix?

Back