• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What's your favorite 3rd generation Pokémon and why?

Fusion42

BoisturseBreloom
Years
I recently saw a thread similar to this one but it didn't get a lot of attention, but it was a really good idea for a thread. This thread is a bit different than the one I saw because I want know your favorite Pokémon and why. My favorite Pokémon is Breloom because of its simple cool design and insanely high attack stat.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I like them all, it's hard to narrow it down to one Pokemon. Flygon maybe, because I remember seeing it in Jirachi Wish Maker for the first time and thought it was cool, and did drawings of it for fun because I loved its design.

Years
My favourite has gotta be Absol, it was my favourite Pokemon overall for ages and I love its design and the lore surrounding it, even if its moveset isn't the greatest.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Hard to pick one, 3rd generation had my least number of favorites
the closest one to being my favorite this gen was Delcatty
no foxes this gen, cats are close second, just love it's design, sounds so cyoot in the games, at times reminds me of one my own cats

(I also love Skitty, Poochyena, Mightyena, Absol, and Zangose)

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
If I had to choose between Sharpedo and Absol, I'd have to say Absol
Both are really great and I've had them both on my team a lot, but Absol is an absolute beast and I always have one when I'm taking on the E4. My lvl 100 Absol that I've used for almost the entirety of Omega Ruby (got it as a lv 1 from a friend) has 319 power
Skitty is also awesome despite it not being too great stat wise

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
Jirachi and Mudkip, both are cute and I have thing for mythical pokemon, so that's why Jirachi. But I like it overall, not just 'cause it's a mythical one.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
Rayquaza, no contest, my fav of all time once I caught it all the way back in like 2005-06. Goddamn bliss swamping everything with dem offensive stats. Then along comes the god-tier mega, and everyone hates me for it :^)

Years
Isn't obvious? *points to my username*

I seek out Pokemon that are not just capable but are also interesting for their appearance, the lore surrounding them or their parallel to real life forms in nature. I think everything about this Pokemon succeeds, its design, the concept of it being the Aphrodite of the Pokemon world, its near indestructability in battle and the many steps involved to obtain this Pokemon in the 3rd generation. After searching for a needle in haystack, finding something ugly, literally feeding it gold and caring for until you turn it into something beautiful through your hard work you've gone through a quest, and are rightly rewarded with the holy grail.

After Milotic, Absol is my next favorite.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
My favourite Hoenn Pokemon is Gardevoir. It has an elegant design and it's Shiny Mega may be best shiny in the entire series.

Honourable mention to Sceptile. My all-time favourite starter line and one of only two Masuda Shinys I have obtained. Fittingly my two favourite Megas are Sceptile and Gardevoir.

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
It's hard for me to make preferences, however I can write down the torchic line and
poochyena are quite meaningful to me :
-Torchic was my first starter ever, pretty self-explanatory
-As for poochyena... well, poochyena was my first catch as well as my first
legitimate shiny ever. My sister had just introduced me to pok?mon games
lending me her sapphire cartridge and assisted me capturing that poochyena.
Sadly she wasn't quite used to poochyena and we pretty much left him in the PC
box. Later I would've put him in the daycare to see his shiny evolution. As of now,
the shiny mightyena with a terrible nickname is in my diamond game card.
(and I also copied him on my Pok?mon Essentials just because xP)

Years
Hm, if I were to pick an absolute favorite.... I'd say Swampert. I like all of the starters but there's just something about Swampert. Its power, its bulk.... It's just an amazing Pokemon.

Years
I loved Hoenn very much! Hard choice. But..

300.gif
359.gif
334.gif
376.gif
354.gif
385.gif

Went with these in the end. Absol and Zangoose are just so cool, and Altaria has always been really angelic and pretty. Banette was the first mon I got to lv. 100 and I had such a fun time training it. Metagross is overall awesome. Jirachi and Skitty are too darn cute!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2022
Flygon. I love dragon types, and he was the first dragon pokemon I ever used.

Years
For me, it's the Mudkip line which is my fave starter of this generation. Other notable ones I love in this generation include Roselia (even moreso after it gained its evo in 4th Gen), Manectric, Altaria, Grumpig, Pelipper (thank god 7th Gen made it a god) and Breloom.

The legendaries were really good too, my faves out of them being the Latis.

Back