• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Does anyone know where to find a Staryu in beta 6. I been searching inside the cerulean gym pool for 5 min and i still can't get a bite

In beta 6a, I tried a good 15 mins fishing for a Staryu in the gym but no luck. So I just gave up on the rod and surf on the water in Cerulean City and caught one that way.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2021
In beta 6a, I tried a good 15 mins fishing for a Staryu in the gym but no luck. So I just gave up on the rod and surf on the water in Cerulean City and caught one that way.

you now that you can get a Staryu from the lakes that are on outside of the gym (sorry for my bad english)

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Okay so how do you evolve Eevee into Espeon? Because I read the first page under the change log for beta 6 and it said to use a Sun Stone to get an Espeon but in beta 6a, it says it's no use to Eevee. I read one of the books in Erika's gym and it says to use a Solar Ribbon for Espeon but that still doesn't work.

Anybody know? Or can I assume to just get Eevee to like you and evolve during the day?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Okay so how do you evolve Eevee into Espeon? Because I read the first page under the change log for beta 6 and it said to use a Sun Stone to get an Espeon but in beta 6a, it says it's no use to Eevee. I read one of the books in Erika's gym and it says to use a Solar Ribbon for Espeon but that still doesn't work.

Anybody know? Or can I assume to just get Eevee to like you and evolve during the day?

Since he released this beta unfinished, he probably didn't get to editing the evolutions yet.

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
As stated from Rockmanmegaman, Beta 6a ends at Seafoam Islands, specifically it ends once you finish the Gyarados Side Chapter A. You could get to Cinnabar Island if you use walkthrough walls code but there's nothing to do there, just buildings you can go into but no people inside (I know because I tried this XD )

So let me summarize a couple of bugs that I've encountered (mentioned earlier if you took the time to look at the earlier posts by others) in case you guys missed it and for future reference for Beta 6a.

Minor - Doesn't affect the game; Major - Game Freezes/Get Stuck

Pallet Town - Just some tile fixing on the trees to the left of the water path to Cinnabar Island and just below the Demolish house area. (Minor)
Pewter City - A random Rocket Grunt as you head towards Brock's gym. You can't battle him. He doesn't do anything. He's more like a rock. (Minor)
Cerulean City - When surfing, the Lapras near the gym is not a Lapras. It's actually a Lunar Ribbon. (Minor)
Cerulean Gym - Do not fish for a Staryu. You won't catch anything; instead use surf on the waters in Cerulean City. (Minor)
The start of Bill Chapter - You need to walk in the middle of path to start this chapter (align yourself with Bill, the Rattata) so the game doesn't freeze. If you walk to the left or to the right of Bill on this path, the game will freeze! (Major)
S.S Anne - From LindseyTNamez: When entering S.S Anne, on the top path, do not go into the first room (this is the room with the love letter and the TM) because once you exit, you will be stuck in the white space of the ship and cannot get out (image on pg 45). (Major)
S.S Anne - From LindseyTNamez: 2nd Sailor Man you meet (1st one to battle) - After you battle him, you get stuck and cannot move forward in the game. Avoid this guy. Stay up against the wall to dodge him (image on pg 45). (Major)
S.S Anne - From LindseyTNamez: Lv 100 Magnemites. Instant KO to your Pokemon. Use Walkthrough wall codes to avoid. (Major)
Route 11 - A Tile Error on the far left side of the water and a random pokeball in the middle of the water. (Minor)
Lavender Town - From LindseyTNamez: DO NOT go in any house other than Mr. Fuji's in Lavender Town. This will warp you someplace completely different and you'll either be stuck there or will freeze. Mr. Fuji's house is the first house on your left when you enter Lavender Town. (Major)
Safari Zone - After getting your raft destroyed by the Nidoking, and get back on land; head north on the path (in order to continue the chapter), and you will see a building. If you go in the building and come back out, you'll end up back in the water, surfing. (Minor)
Route 14 meets with Route 15 on the top path - The sprite for RED is used as a tree for the move CUT. (Minor)
Jesse & James Sprites - I know he'll fix this but I just think it's funny how Jessie's sprite is a green flame. (Minor)

Well that's all of the major & minor bugs I encountered. Like I said, beta 6a ends right after you complete Gyarados Side Chapter A in Seafoam Islands. You could start the Race to Articuno Chapter by battling the first 3 to 4 Rocket Grunts but afterwards, the game freezes. Also by this time you also have HM04 Strength. DO NOT try to go to Rock Tunnel/Power Plant. When you face the trainers, you'll be faced with scripts that will never end (the battle will never start, resulting in you resetting the game).

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Wow man, I remember the first version of this mod you released! I was under a different name back then(playplayj) and I hadn't checked up on any rom hacks in so months! It's amazing to see how far you've progressed! Great job!!!

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
So some of you may have known I lost my friend a few days ago, and I was really really depress about it. Basically, that period of depression put me off in everything, but I think I have finally overcome, and I'll be returning to hacking. As for Beta 6 (yes, i know t's buggy, I didn't test the game when I release it), I'll be fixing most of the bugs encountered and release a new beta 6 as soon as possible.

Granddaddy Purp

Hero Of Time
Years
So some of you may have known I lost my friend a few days ago, and I was really really depress about it. Basically, that period of depression put me off in everything, but I think I have finally overcome, and I'll be returning to hacking. As for Beta 6 (yes, i know t's buggy, I didn't test the game when I release it), I'll be fixing most of the bugs encountered and release a new beta 6 as soon as possible.

glad to hear it :) welcome back

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
http://i.imgur.com/dUR4Vvy.png
i played beta 6 and got this in very beginning with freezing.
i dunno if i suppost do somethin else before patching clean beta 6 or somethin but should let u know.
oddly says fight with poliwirl then sent out darmanitan freezing.

Are you sure you're playing my hack?

By the way guys, if you're wondering where HM03 is, it's to the left of the Pokemon Center (right before Mt. Moon) on the pile of leaves surrounded by the 3 rocks.

Also to let you guys know, I've encountered 2 glitches in Cerulean City in Beta 6a.
1st one is trying to start the Saving Bill Chapter. When you head north of Misty's mansion towards the Rattata, the game freezes. If you walk at the far left, you pass the freezing glitch but you still can't talk to Bill who's a Rattata because the game freezes when you talk to it.
2nd one is after battling with Misty's Starmie when you encounter it in the dark in the mansion. Once they talk about battling the Cerulean City gym leader, all of the sudden Red's sprite replaces one of Misty's servant on the far right and you still see red's previous sprite at the table. From this point, you can't exit either.

*Edit: Okay after several tries, the bug for 2nd one disappear and I could exit. There's still a bug for the chapter where you save Bill. In fact it freezes up in that route. So whether you talk to Bill or just walk up there, it will freeze on you. You have to beat Misty at the gym first before you could start this chapter so don't even try to go up there because it will just freeze on you. Also walk in the middle of the path when starting this chapter. If you walk on the left or right side of the path, it freezes.

Also I notice the Lapras near the Cerulean gym in the water is where you get the Lunar Ribbon not an actual Lapras (no Lapras cry). Doesn't affect the game though.

I've check the coding and script for the Bill chapter, and the Lapras that you've talked about. The bill chapter is fine, and the lapras coding doesn't give out Lunar Ribbon. You did start a new save file, right?a

Oh, I've found the problem now.

The Swampert X event doesn't work. As soon as you try to enter the cave it throws you into an odd cutscene that locks you into an unmovable area. Also I don't know if this was resolved by anyone but the Arbok event doesn't work with me either. I'll test Beta 6a and see the difference. Overall great upgrade from 5.5 though the sprites are even more awesome! :D
Edit: My Poliwhrill's gender changes when it evolves. Anyone else?

It's not in Beta 6 yet (i didn't have the time to put everything from Beta 5.5 in Beta 6.

After i beat koga at the tower and try to talk to Mr. Fugi it freezes and does the same thing when i try to talk to blue. Sorry if i am annoying you.

Sorry, try standing between them. I forgot to add a script for them.

just released Beta 6.5. It fixes most (if not all) the fatal glitches encountered by people.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 15, 2016
I know this is just beta but I just started and I've all ready got x99 Rare Candy be for I even left Route 1. Sorry if some one already posted about this but I didn't want to read every post, there's quite a lot. I just wanted to let you know about this bug.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 8, 2018
My apologies for being nitpicky about this(Especially if there's a language barrier), but while you have my support for this game, that bold claim you made about this game being exactly like the manga is sort of insulting. I enjoy everything but that small detail, since right now, this and Dark Violet are the only Pokemon Adventure/Special inspired game.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I know this is just beta but I just started and I've all ready got x99 Rare Candy be for I even left Route 1. Sorry if some one already posted about this but I didn't want to read every post, there's quite a lot. I just wanted to let you know about this bug.

I don't get it. So where did you get 99 rare candy?

My apologies for being nitpicky about this(Especially if there's a language barrier), but while you have my support for this game, that bold claim you made about this game being exactly like the manga is sort of insulting. I enjoy everything but that small detail, since right now, this and Dark Violet are the only Pokemon Adventure/Special inspired game.

What's that got to do with my language of origin? What "bold", and I never said that this game would be exactly like the manga. This is what I've wrote:

This game is based on the Pokemon Adventure manga. The game follows the manga closely, with nearly all the events inside. However, some events were changed to make it longer. The fact that the game follows the Manga closely, you don't get to chose your own starter Pokemon. However, you will be able to get them all later in the game. Despite the game follow the Manga's storyline, I'll also be making several reference to the Anime.

^From that, I said the game follow the manga closely, with nearly all the events inside. I have "some events were changed to make it longer". Why did I change the events or made it longer? Because in the manga, several events that happened were either skipped but implied that it happened, or was just simply too short (e.g. Kangaskan). In that post, I even claimed that I'll make several reference to the anime.

Story follows the Manga exactly with few extras events

^From this text, I have already made it clear that I'll be making and adding extra stuff. I don't know why you felt insulted over something as trivial as this, but even in the very beginning, I have always made it clear that this game isn't exactly 100% manga (heck, I even have plan for Orange Archipelago).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 15, 2016
I don't get it. So where did you get 99 rare candy?
Be for you enter Viridian City
To the left there is a poke ball which contains the Rare Candy. When you enter Viridian City and walk back it responds back. So if some one really wanted d to take advantage of this bug they can. Maybe later I could make a video of what I'm talking about.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Be for you enter Viridian City
To the left there is a poke ball which contains the Rare Candy. When you enter Viridian City and walk back it responds back. So if some one really wanted d to take advantage of this bug they can. Maybe later I could make a video of what I'm talking about.

Ok, I'll fix it. thank you.

Years
Actually, the Miracle seed, and potion where the Mirage Pokemon Chapter takes place respawn as well.

As does the Antidote, i know a lot of people have been getting on your nerves about the game rockmanmegaman, so since these aren't severe issues, i'd disregard them for now, go and enjoy your new years man C:
Your not entitled to make this, you do it for the enjoyment of others. And if people don't respect that, well screw them.

DaisukE

Just feel it burning ^^
Years
i have played beta 6.5...in that there is no surf in the leaves near the
pokecenter there is only tm1 focuspunch there...n in the ship after defeating the lt.surge we get the ss.key
what is that key for...i can go out from the ship also..and when i go to the deepest part
in the ship there are people there n red says that i need to take help from
the authority...what to do next

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
pokecenter there is only tm1 focuspunch there...n in the ship after defeating the lt.surge we get the ss.key
what is that key for...i can go out from the ship also..and when i go to the deepest part

Go to find the police who with Nidoqueen

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Actually, the Miracle seed, and potion where the Mirage Pokemon Chapter takes place respawn as well.

As does the Antidote, i know a lot of people have been getting on your nerves about the game rockmanmegaman, so since these aren't severe issues, i'd disregard them for now, go and enjoy your new years man C:
Your not entitled to make this, you do it for the enjoyment of others. And if people don't respect that, well screw them.

The best message I've received were "How dare you rush beta 6, if you take our donation, then you have a commitment to make your game at least decent.".

a) I'm not accepting anyone's donation.
b) My friend died.
c) Who the ### are you to patronize me.

You weren't suppose to fin HM SURF there. Find Officer Jenny.

Last edited:
Back