• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first pokemon series or game?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
The first time I heard of Pokémon was from a certain magazine, but I would become interested at Pokémon when the anime started to booming everywhere in my country, when they aired Ash's adventures in Kanto region.

Then I saw one of my cousins played Pokémon games in his Gameboy Color, and he let me borrowed it for a while. So I played some games, including Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold and (Vietnamese) Crystal. Even though just for a while, this would make me interested at Pokémon gaming for years to come, to the point that I'm officially starting Pokémon gaming with Gen III.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
For me it all started with the anime when I was about three years old. I think we had almost the entire first season on video tape and I could just watch them over and over again.

I didn't get into the games until seven years later, when I first emulated Pokémon Diamond.

Sirfetch’d

My mom bought me Blue 20 years ago. I have never looked back. In fact I still play Blue(not my original copy, sadly) just to remember how much fun I once had when I was first introduced to the world of Pokemon.

TimmyTom

TimmyTom
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
My first game was Pokemon Leaf green and it was a used game from game-stop that I randomly bought because I thought the cartridge looked cool, but I was too ignorant and young for the complexities of Pokemon and thus returned it the next day only to purchase Pokemon Fire red a few months later when it was all the hype in elementary school.

Years
The first game I ever touched was my brother's copy of Pokemon Gold, but the save function didn't work. So the first one I seriously played was my brother's copy of ;Pokemon Blue!

The first one I owned was Diamond.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
My first Pokemon game played was Emerald, and my first game owned was Diamond.

As for first Pokemon manga series, that compilation manga version of Pokemon Adventures red, as this was in 2008, when the Pokemon Adventures manga wasn't in regular manga volumes in the states yet.

First anime series was Pokemon Diamond & Pearl--although, I did watch that huge Pokemon 10th anniversary marathon leading up to the Pokemon D/P anime premiere.

First Pokemon plushie was a Manaphy plushie, memories!

& First Pokemon TCG expansion I opened up was a Diamond/Pearl expansion.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Kanto was my first, that was 20 years ago now. Maybe slightly more than that, actually. I think I was 9 when I got into it. I saw some of the anime in Japanese at a friend's house, and then she said it was going to start airing in English, so I started watching it. I'm pretty sure the games weren't out yet, because I originally didn't even know it had games. I totally asked for them when they came out, though. I got Blue, but by that time Yellow was out, and I really wanted it because Pikachu. lol

To add a bit more, I lost interest during Johto, but Hoenn pulled me back in, and I loved it so much I'm still with Pok?mon today, haha.

Last edited:

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
Years
I first got into Pok?mon by watching someone playing Gold version (who let loose a Delibird), and my first self-playing version is Ruby (also the one I first beat the E4).

Years
My very first Pokemon game was Red version! I can't remember the exact year, but I was about five or six so it would've been right around the turn of the millennium... it'd have to be a little after, since my brother got Crystal version where I got Red.

I think I actually saw the anime first, and wanted to get the games because of it. Even though I was jealous of my brother getting Crystal version, since even as a kid I realized there was a sizeable difference between it and Red version in content and general polish, I fell in love with Red nonetheless, and had a great time playing and replaying the game over the years~

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Series : The original pokemon anime (german dub)
Game : Pokemon red (played in my cousins' house)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
My obsession with Pok?mon started when I was about three years old. I was visiting a relative in the hospital and the anime was playing on TV. My brother and I sat on the edge of the hospital bed and watched it for hours. Later, my cousins sold us all of their old Pok?mon VHS tapes at a garage sale.

My first Pok?mon game wasn't until many years later. I had returned back from a friend's house after watching him play Emerald and insisted that my mom take my brother and I to the local game shop. Unfortunately, they only had one copy of Ruby left, so we bought one and rented another for about two weeks, which I played nonstop. The first game I actually owned was LeafGreen, which I bought only a few months later.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
My first Pokemon was Pokemon black. I had been introduced to the Pokemon world by hoenn and when I saw the newest coolest region I bought it.unova sucks Gatorade is better...

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
My first pokemon game was Pokemon GO. Best game ever, I have a lot of memories playing it. These new kids don't know what they missed out on back in the peak GO times of 2016

Back