• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What're ya buyin'?

pkmin3033

What are your spending habits in video games? Are you the kind of person who will hoard money for later in the game when (presumably) you'll need it more, or are you buying items/equipment at every opportunity to keep yourself at peak efficiency? Do your spending habits vary between video games, or are you fairly consistent in this?

Last edited:

TY

varies, i often find myself buying things when I run out of a certain item. Which happens more in one game than the other.

Years
i hoard. a LOT.

i have good spending habits in video games, which is something i actually apply to an extent irl.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I grind from the very start, buying only when I have so much the decrease isn't noticeable. Or I do it right from the start and then build up for the rest.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
I sort my inventory, and routinely sell everything I don't need.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I'm a hoarder as well, not just of my money in games but also potions and boosts I pick up - I don't know what I'm saving all that shit for but I won't use them unless I'm running out of inventory space or something lol.

I'm willing to spend on good armor though, one thing I seem to do a lot in games is wear my starting armor/scraps of scavenged armor forever and only start to buy late game armor when I have the money.

OR if pets/animal companions/mounts are in the game... it's stupid but I would most likely drop everything and prioritize that, lol.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I'm a hoarder as well, not just of my money in games but also potions and boosts I pick up - I don't know what I'm saving all that shit for but I won't use them unless I'm running out of inventory space or something lol.

I'm willing to spend on good armor though, one thing I seem to do a lot in games is wear my starting armor/scraps of scavenged armor forever and only start to buy late game armor when I have the money.

OR if pets/animal companions/mounts are in the game... it's stupid but I would most likely drop everything and prioritize that, lol.

I feel your pain haha. Ever played Skyrim? Think of all those potions you keep thinking of that perfect situation to arise that never does lol. I may or may not have a whole drawer in my house in Skyrim of just broomsticks....

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
Definitely a hoarder; having so much money just makes me feel good. My hoarding isn't limited to money though, it applies to anything I deem valuable. I'd rather find a workaround than waste such resources.

Years
Depends on what game it is. I'll buy new weapons every time if the amount of money you're given usually covers the cost, usually skipping one level of armour if I don't feel like I have the money for it. Most games feel like they give you all the cash you need to buy every tier of weapon for the entire game just from playing normally except potentially some sort of ultimate weapon that's exists to remove any challenge at the end of the game. If it doesn't give you the money to buy every weapon, then I'll skip the ones that don't offer a large enough attack boost and wait for the next one.

If it's a game with an abundance of money I'll buy lots of everything that's useful and just use them whenever I feel like I need to, and restock occasionally. Probably still skip some armor because it's usually a minor defense upgrade.

Back